December 2022 Hits and Misses

naturalyogini

Miss
C&P Chebula Green tea spray. I used it after a shampoo. This made my hair rough, matted, dry and a tangled mess. I had to cowash, condition and currently deep moisture conditioning. I lost a ton of hair trying to detangle. In the garbage it went. I guess too much protein for my hair.

C&P length and retention shampoo. Great slip. But it causes knots in my hair. I've used it twice. In the trash it goes.

Hit
Inahsi Moisture Shampoo fragrance free
Inahsi clarifying shampoo
Inhasi curl cream

naturalyogini

Hair is still dry and splitting from using the Green Tea spray. I got up at 1am and a deep moisture treatment, again. She gave me a gift certificate for the items, but I think I will give it away. Her products are mostly a miss for me.
Going to do Olaplex to try and save my hair.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hit:

Aunt Jackie’s buttercream- great for moisturizing my ends. Had a lot of slip and left my hair feeling silky. My only qualm is that it has too much water content that when I would baggy my ends moisture would collect in the bag. Would repurchase if I was in a penny pinch though.

As I am DoubleButter Creme- this stuff moisturizes my hair so well. No flakes or moisture over load. It also gives me consistent results. It has become staple status. A little pricey so I will only buy on sale.

Original Blue Magic Hair Conditioner- it’s not greasy to the touch and leaves my hair incredibly soft and conditioned. It’s also very easy to find and cheap to get.

Meh:

Aquage silkening conditioner- it was just ok for me. Perhaps it would work better on silkier hair. The jar was also small. Will

Aunt Jackie’s seal it up butter- Has a weird texture. Reminds me of margarine. Does an ok job at moisturizing. Will not repurchase.

Blue Magic Castor Oil Conditioner- Does not work as well as the original but it’s ok. Will not repurchase.

alove15

Hits:
-Curl Junkie Rehab: Forever hit, picked it back up after a long time
-M+S daily: Currently with As I Am Moisture LI and Trader Joe’s coconut oil spray.

Misses:
-Curly wigs: The last two I bought were duds. Sticking to my yaki straight for now.
-Aphogee green tea spray: I used a protein DC and this as a leave in; my fault b/c my hair hated it

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Miss

Whitney naturals shipping timeframe. I also didn’t realize all of their comments seem to be turned off on the gram. I will not repurchase due to lackluster customer service

naturalyogini

Hits:
-Curl Junkie Rehab: Forever hit, picked it back up after a long time
-M+S daily: Currently with As I Am Moisture LI and Trader Joe’s coconut oil spray.

Misses:
-Curly wigs: The last two I bought were duds. Sticking to my yaki straight for now.
-Aphogee green tea spray: I used a protein DC and this as a leave in; my fault b/c my hair hated it
I agree with curly wigs. Mine turned into a matted mess. I'm sticking to straight wigs. How does the Yakima texture perform?

naturalyogini

Hit and Miss
Jlexillc Chebe mini kit
Shampoo really gets the hair squeaky clean. No moisture
Conditioner no slip. No moisture
Hair spray. Detangling and moisturizing
Kartar oil. Love this. Very thick and moisturizing
Chebe paste gritty, no slip. Hard to apply. BUT my hair is drying soft and healthy looking.

Miss
Silica leave-in no slip. No moisture . So disappointed as this used to be my go to conditioner.

I've purchased the Chebe conditioner and Silica leave-in before and each time it was a hit or miss. I have to be more judicious with my coins. I think I may have to leave this vendor alone. I've got some other samples to try before the big decision.

naturalyogini

Hit and Miss
Jlexillc Chebe mini kit
Shampoo really gets the hair squeaky clean. No moisture
Conditioner no slip. No moisture
Hair spray. Detangling and moisturizing
Kartar oil. Love this. Very thick and moisturizing
Chebe paste gritty, no slip. Hard to apply. BUT my hair is drying soft and healthy looking.

Miss
Silica leave-in no slip. No moisture . So disappointed as this used to be my go to conditioner.

I've purchased the Chebe conditioner and Silica leave-in before and each time it was a hit or miss. I have to be more judicious with my coins. I think I may have to leave this vendor alone. I've got some other samples to try before the big decision.
Update
I contacted her about a refund for the above products. It says on the website that if you aren't 100% satisfied you can get a refund. It didn't say she would drop you as a customer, which she has. No worries though It has been a bumpy ride at best. A very prickly seller and a demanding customer didn't mix well at all. My coins are better spent elsewhere.

HealthyHair2020

Continued Hits
The Mane Choice Peach Black Tea Mask
Adwoa Beauty Baomint Leave-In

Lord I guess my hair was thirsty because after using these two back to back and leaving in the leave-in for 10 mins, my hair was sooooooft AND moisturized. They're never coming out my regimen unless something goes horribly wrong.