deep conditioning & hot oil treatment.

Mercie

I am planning on deep conditioning my hair or doing an hot oil treatment.
Then I'll do a rollerset afterwards.

Which one provides more moisture?
Do I have to shampoo and condition my hair before the DC or Hot Oil Treatment? (Does my hair have to be clean?)

I don't have end papers so.. will that damage my hair when I do the rollerset?
Do I need to put a leave in or any moisture in the hair before doing the rollerset?.. How do I do it?

Oh and..
is Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream a good moisturizer for relaxed hair?
is NO DRIP Cantu Shea Butter hair & scalp oil a good oil for relaxed hair?

How do I tell if a product would be good for relaxed hair w/o actually using it?
I don't want to end up jumping from product to product.

Sorry for making this so long!

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I'll bite. I haven't done a hot oil treatment in a long time but I usually follow to up with a moisturizing DC. if you have the magnetic rollers the plastic ones then you don't need end papers. Just make sure you comb your hair very well.

When I do my rollersets, I usually use a little moisturizer on my hair and then spritz with water as I roll each section. I tend not to put a lot of stuff in my hair before I roller set so that my hair will be light and bouncy.

I've never used the two items you mentioned so I can't comment on them. But if you want to use them, use a little bit because the more stuff you put in your hair, the longer it takes to dry.

Good luck

Mercie

I actually haven't done a hot oil treatment for a long time now too.

Do you usually do your rollersets on freshly washed hair?

Reecie

Hey Mercie.

If you are anything like me... my hair LOVES moisture. I would suggest doing both. I usually do a the hot oil treatment (EVOO or Avocado Oil) on dry hair (leave on overnight or an hour), then shampoo out, then DC. My hair is SOOOO moisturized and soft after that for my roller set.

It may be too time consuming for you... but it so worth your time.

Reecie

I actually haven't done a hot oil treatment for a long time now too.

Do you usually do your rollersets on freshly washed hair?

I do. Your hair needs to be free of product build-up so you have a nice light and airy flow to your hair.

Mercie

I do. Your hair needs to be free of product build-up so you have a nice light and airy flow to your hair.
Oh, I get it now. That makes a lot of sense.

@dachsies_rule- yea.. I mixed in a little bit of hair oil into my DC last time and my hair came out a lot softer than usual.

lcherilu

Today i took out my kinky twist extentions.

I got some

jojoba oil, EVOO, Suave Humectant conditoiner and honey

mixed it together in a bowl (sorry i didnt measure) and put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds applied it to my hair evenly distributing it and then I put my shower cap on and relaxed for about an hour. I then rinsed it out (my hair felt so great and mosturized)

Washed my hair with Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing and conditioned with Creme of Nature Chamomile and Comfrey Healing Conditioner for Dehydrated Hair.

Did my Rollerset. And took out my rollers and wrapped it.

ETA: I added a dime size amount of ORS moisturizing olive oil Hair lotion, profectiv healthy ends and olive oil

Il share my results when I wakeup but when I took out my rollers my hair had alot of bounce and body (and shine) so i have a feelings its goin to look great.

lcherilu

here are my results

my NG is crazy right now!!
idk if this helps and my hair is alot shorter than yurs but that was my results. :drunk:

Ronnieaj

^^^Beautiful results! Your hair looks very shiny and silky.

Mercie, I also can't comment on the products you mentioned, as I've never used them. When I was relaxed, I DC'd first, which allowed me to use a lighter leave-in when I set my hair. So I would DC, then apply a light leave-in and use magnetic rollers to rollerset. Some women like using setting lotion (I'm a total sucker for it, but it's heavily mixed), but I know a lot of women just use water to keep the hair moist. You don't need end papers with the magnetic rollers. Just be sure not to roll too tight; the hair constricts as it dries and for some has caused breakage in the process. Lighter and swangier :grin: is always better in my opinion, just make sure you got your moisture in first :yep:! Have fun--I want pics!

sheedahp

I did a hot oil tx this morning mixed with a different blend of oils let it sit for 1hr 45min, washed then dc'd im sitting under the dryer now so I dnt know what the results are but I will keep you posted. This time I sprayed a liquid leave in and applied a little coconut oil throughout the hair and ends, hopefully the results wont be oily and weighed down for me this time.