Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

Vintageglam

Welcome aboard! :drunk: Be sure to let us know what you're using :) Inquiring minds (PJs on the hunt) wanna know :look:

I have a whole stash of products :lol: which I have managed to partly work my way thru last year. I am now moving towards buying and using more natural products for health reasons. Any ways products currently in my stash include Afroveda, Jane Carter, ORS, Aubreys Organics, Giovanni, Indian Powders, Henna, Matrix Biolage, Alter Ego Garlic Condish. I plan to just use what I am feeling my hair needs that day from my stash.

ETA: Did a Henna Super DC today:
- prepoo'ed with Hairveda Stranillah (sp)
- Steamed that in for 20 minutes
- Shampooed with Avalon Organics Lemon Claifying shampoo
- Applied Henna Mix with heat for 1 hr and then 3 hrs without heat
- Rinsed out
- Applied Indigo with heat for 90 minutes
- Rinsed out
- Applied a mix of ORS, Hempseed Oil, Matrix Ceramides
- Sitting under my steamer now with the mixture for 30 mins :cloud9:
- Will then apply leave ins and twist and air-dry over night

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I have a whole stash of products :lol: which I have managed to partly work my way thru last year. I am now moving towards buying and using more natural products for health reasons. Any ways products currently in my stash include Afroveda, Jane Carter, ORS, Aubreys Organics, Giovanni, Indian Powders, Henna, Matrix Biolage, Alter Ego Garlic Condish. I plan to just use what I am feeling my hair needs that day from my stash.

I have a few natural products too like Taliah Waajid and Aubrey Organics. Be sure to post how your hair responds to these DCs :yep:

I'm in! I'll be DCing 2x a week with steam during winter months and 1 x week when it starts to heat up.

Welcome 13StepsAhead! :) 2x a week, that's what I'm talkin' about, banish that winter dryness :yep:

I want in! :grin: I will be using AO honeysuckle rose and GVP Nexxus Humetress (I will add EVOO and Honey to them :lick:)

You're so in! :grin: I love AO condishes, esp the HSR, WC and Island Naturals :yep:

Vonnieluvs08

I'm def in!!! I was a part of the 08 to 09 challenge and saw major results.

I aternate between Mizani Moisturfuse with a lil natural honey :lick: and Olive Oil Replenshing pack 1x week for at least 1hr.

This challenge definitely brings about awesome results. It's definitely a life saver for the winter months and all that the dryness brings.

I know this year I have to be faithful about posting. I DC every week sometimes 2x a week but I forget to post consistently. Hoping to be motivated by all the challengers posting to keep me posting weekly. I'm going to be a bit of mixtress this year since I have new oils to try out.

I'm in. My regi for Part 1 will be:

Nightly:

Over night dc with very light application of Alma/Palma Christi oils combo

Weekly (3x a month):

30-45 min. Steam with a mix of Queen Helene Cholesterol/Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer

Monthly:

45 min. w/o steam Sebastian's Penetraitt Deep Reconstructive Protein once a month

Aggie

Thanks for starting this challenge again halee J. Please add me! I will be using my steamer alternated with my hooded dryer and a variety of deep conditioners.

CrueltyFree

I'm in. I love my Anita Grant rhassoul condish so I'm gonna do that one twice a month, every other week. The times I'm not using the rhassoul, I'll use my Aubrey Organics HSR conditioner. I may get the GPB as well. I'm still looking for other deep conditioners though (I'm a PJ and I think diversity is important) , preferably all natural.

If I can mail my hair steamer to my apartment, I'll steam with my conditioners as well. I can't seem to find a box big enough so I'll have to do it in pieces.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm in. I DC weekly so why not. I have a stash of prod to use up but my staple (right now) is AOWC mixed with 1tbsp roux pc, evoo, hemp and avocada. I DC @ least 1 hr, no heat. I generate heat by placing 4 plastic caps on and then placing a ball cap or beanie over the plastic caps. This alone generates heat and is my DC heat source.

Sent via DroidX using LHCF app

apemay1969

im in. my poor hair has been neglected. I went almost three weeks w/o washing, dc'ing or detangling my flat ironed natural 4A hair. Just fricking busy. I'll do 1/wk with whatever I got-ors pak, humectress, megatek, other dc's I will pick up. Time to pamper my tresses again.

SuchaLady

I shall join. I will be Washing/DCing 1x/week with either SE Megasilk or SE Cholesterol. I am still looking for a good protein dc. I am thinking about ORS Hair Mayo. I already have the Aphogee 2 minute but I feel as if my hair responds to this as a hard protein so I will only be using this as needed.

Ummm I also have a OT question :look:
Is it possible that the hair that was not taken care of as well earlier in the year is now reaching the ends and is breaking off? I am thinking a minor trim will solve this if that is what actually is the problem.

chelseatiara

im in! I will DC monday nights for 30 minutes with whatever conditioner i can get my hands on....

Last edited:

La Colocha

I would like to join, i will dc once a week 30 minutes under soft bonnet dryer.

Dc's in rotation-

Sheamoisture dc mixed with oils and honey
Kbn conditioner
Conditoner base from new directions aromatics mixed with oils and honey.
Suave almond and shea conditoner mixed with oils.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Morning fellow challengers! Everyone has been added up to this point :D

Big shout out to Aggie! Hey lady :wave:

Plan to DC 1-2x a week:

on wet hair after shampoo for at least 1 hr, or on dry hair for at least 2 hrs

I don't usually use heat, but I may pull out the heat cap on occasion.

DCs currently in rotation:

ORS replenishing (My baby daddy! :lick:)
Matrix Ultra Hydrating balm
AOWC

naturalagain2

I'm in!! I will be using a variety of different DC's. I will DC once a week. I'm trying to reach APL so I know this will help.

Last edited:

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I would love to join. I just pmed you. I hope to grow my hair out with this challenge. TIA.

thehairmaverick

I did an overnight DC with AO HSR & olive oil....It was nice, but my sulfate poo didn't lather as much. I'm not complaining tho! :grin:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I'm in!! I will be using a variety of different DC's. I will DC once a week. I'm trying to reach APL so I know this will help.

So glad you're with us :D I'm trying for APL too! :yep: I know I wouldn't have made the progress I did this year without regular DCing

I would love to join. I just pmed you. I hope to grow my hair out with this challenge. TIA.

Welcome Lisaaa! :) You have beautiful hair BTW :yep:

Please sign me up! I will be using Miss Key 10 n 1 weekly with my steamer.
YAY!!!

Welcome Guyaneek! :yay: Man, Miss Key used to be my stuff! I stopped using it because I couldn't find it locally anymore. Shipping prices are insane to where I am. Greatr stuff though :yep:

I want to join!!!

Welcome aboard! :grin:

I did an overnight DC with AO HSR & olive oil....It was nice, but my sulfate poo didn't lather as much. I'm not complaining tho! :grin:

That mix sounds good, was it on dry hair? I love HSR on dry hair :yep:

Last edited:

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I DCed today - it was more of a hot oil treatment. Used a combination of sweet almond oil and a small bit of Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture and Vitamin E for a few hours with a showe cap, as I did chores around the house :yep:.

My DC days will be Sundays and Wednesdays officially. Products in my rotation are:

Soft Sheen Carson Professional Deep Conditioner
Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture
Pantene Pro V Restore Lengths Mask
Nexxus Humectress

CandyCurls

Last edited: