Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

KhandiB

I DC'd again this weekend with KeraPro Intense Treatment. This weekend coming up, I will DC with SE Cholesterol mixed with safflower oil

prettyhair73

Just got my Shea butter from FedEx. Whipped up a delicious blend of it with coconut oil, Grapeseed, safflower and jojoba....put it on my hair and skin. Soooooooooooo soft!!!!

TraciChanel

Hi ladies!

If it's ok - I'm joining today for part 2 of the challenge (through the end, of course) :). I DC every week under a heat cap with Lustrasilk's shea butter+mango cholesterol. Under the heat cap as I type this. I will post pics at the end of this month as I am in a PS at the moment.

HHG!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Hey! I'm also joining for part 2 of this challenge....plan to DC 1x/week with whatever conditioners I have on hand under my soft bonnet dryer.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
OT: but I don't want to make a thread about so I prefer to inquire here since we're washing & Dcing frequently.

For those that air dry, what do you do to (1) keep your ends from air drying hard, coarse, brittle, bushy?? and (2) your new growth moisturized and hydrated?? (Side Note: Glycerin is my friend when it's summer and the humidity and dew point is just right but the weather isn't quite there yet)

ETA: Also, does anyone just apply the daily moisturizer and dry hair steam so to speak??

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

LuvlyRain3

Its a clash of the argan oil dcs. I dont know rather I should use my trusty con argan oil intensive treatment or try either the one n only argan oil restorative mask or the one n only argan oil hydrating mask.

Lita

OT: but I don't want to make a thread about so I prefer to inquire here since we're washing & Dcing frequently.

For those that air dry, what do you do to (1) keep your ends from air drying hard, coarse, brittle, bushy?? and (2) your new growth moisturized and hydrated?? (Side Note: Glycerin is my friend when it's summer and the humidity and dew point is just right but the weather isn't quite there yet)

ETA: Also, does anyone just apply the daily moisturizer and dry hair steam so to speak??

divachyk Hi! I air dry on the regular...To prevent hard hair..I use a moisturizing leave-in,ceramide oil,pomade or hair butter on length (pomade especially ends) hair drys nice soft & isn't weighed down..Put my hair in braids,twists,cover with silk scarf nightly..

*Trail & Error- I've learned how much of each product to use..

Happy Hair Growing!

prettyhair73

My Shea butter mix is sooo good!! People keep asking me about my hair and what I put on it. It's only been 2 days and I've been approached by 6 people!!

Brownie518

I'll DC with my BFH Custom DC later tonight. If I don't have enough to cover my head, I'll add some of Claudie's Deep Moisture to it.

RelaxednNapulous

DCed overnight with Alter Ego Energizing & Rebalancing creme. It's usually a miracle, but lately my hair is tangling a lot and, for the first time, at the roots. I can't tell which is the root and which is the end of the loop of hair.

Not sure why I've had such a problem lately. I tried to loosen by adding water and even some Knot Today a friend sent me last week, but still lost a ton of hair. I'm not sure if I just under-processed, I started self-silkening last summer. Loving the pencil width waves in the back, but tangles are worst just above my ears. I started swimming, but don't get my hair wet.

I've been putting my hair in quick buns for years with no problem (detangling the first day, but not after). Last night, when I took them down to shampoo, I found 2 dreads. Yikes!

Hair feels ok today, after rollersetting. But I'm a little freaked over how badly it tangled and how much hair came out.

Sent from my MB300 using Long Hair Care Forum App

chelseatiara

been dcin with Lustrasilk Organic Cholesterol...liking it so far...

water(aqua),stearmidopopyl,dimethylamine,stearyl alcohol,cetyl alcohol,argania spinosa kernel oil,carrot(daucus carota sativa) seed oil,rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) leaf oil,juglans nigra (black walnut) leaf extract, cholesterol,aloe vera(aloe barbadensis extract,chamomilla recruita extract, indian hemp extract,fragrance,vitamin e, methyl & propyl paraben,phosphoric acid,dmdm,disodium edta,yellow 5 &6.

ETA: Im in for the second round!:yep:

Last edited:

LuvlyRain3

Using one n only argan oil restorative mask. I'm not too sure how I feel about this one yet. It has no slip. I had to soak my hair in water to detangle. Maybe i can put it in a jar and add some oils to it. just going to let it sit for a few hours and hope that the end result is good.

greenbees

Yesterday I deep conditioned with my JessiCurl Weekly Deep Treatment. My hair is butta!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Lita

Dc my bang with One n Only Argan Moisturizing con..Applied Shea Moisture on top/back in rollers....

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Lita - do you use the One n Only Argan regularly? How does that work for you? I've been looking at this one...:look:

Brownie518 I like it (Moisturizing con) it has great slip..I think it works well as a lite treatment/overnight...(IT WORKS WONDERS AS A RINSE)

*I dont use it to often/ I use it for a quick fix...

Happy Hair Growing!

winona

Steamed today for the 1st time in a while.
Oiled hair last night with Ojon Restorative Mask
Today steamed for 25min with WDT

naturalagain2

Prepoo'd with Oyin Honey Hemp Condish & JBCO.
Then DC'd with Shea Butter Cholesterol & Olive Oil.
My hair felt so nice and soft.