Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Welcome new challengers! :reddancer: I can't wait to see what progress we all make through this challenge. Ladies 2011 is OUR YEAR! :yep:

Aggie

I have not been cowashing my hair because I have been a little sick. But now that my head cold is just about gone, I am hennaing and texlaxing my hair this weekend but tonight I am giving myself a hardcore DRC 28 protein treatment in preparation for it.

I will be sleeping with some Giovanni SAS Conditioner in my hair tonight for extra moisture and washing it out in the morning.

tcole2000

Count me in! I will be using a heating cap to do my DCs along with whatever conditioners I have stashed. I like to change up what product I'm using depending on what my hair needs.:newbie:

cutenss

I wanna join! I wanna join! :bouncegre I already DC w/steam once a week. I will be using this:

I just tried it on Monday. So far so good. But I will also use AOHSR, and Lustrasilks Mango Shea Butter:yep:

bbdgirl

Miss Halee,
please add me to your challenge list I have been slipping on the DCing and I could use some support!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Everyone has been added up to this point :) Can't wait to see how we all do this year. Remember, consistency is the name of this game :yep:

I want to join. I DC twice per week with protein and then a moisturizing conditioner.

I love doing this too. IDareT'sHair hipped me onto this (Thanks T! :)). I used try to mix protein and moisture DCs or alternate. Two steps works so much better :yep:

What are your fave protein condishes?

I'm in- I'll be using a heat cap or hooded dryer and different conditioners, haven't decided yet...

Welcome to DDDC and to LHCF! :drunk: Remember to tell us what Dcs you're using :yep:

Count me in! I will be using a heating cap to do my DCs along with whatever conditioners I have stashed. I like to change up what product I'm using depending on what my hair needs.:newbie:

Another newbie! Hiya :wave: How often will you be DCing? What's in ya stash? :sekret:

I wanna join! I wanna join! :bouncegre I already DC w/steam once a week. I will be using this:

I just tried it on Monday. So far so good. But I will also use AOHSR, and Lustrasilks Mango Shea Butter:yep:

Hey Cutenss! That condish, what is it? How you gon' roll up in a DC thead, drop a DC decked out with a pump and not give a name? :lol:

Miss Halee,
please add me to your challenge list I have been slipping on the DCing and I could use some support!

Hey bbdgirl!:grin: You've come to the right place :yep: We're here to stay on the DC train!

so i deep conditioned the other day and added a little salt paste to my conditioner mix and my hair came out gorgeous!!!! this thread is something else ---->

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha.../262381-accidental-bit-moisturizing-mojo.html

Ya know, I've been meaning to try that. There is truth to it, because I noticed that when I DC after swimming at the beach my hair is notably softer :yep:

MochaMooch

I'm in, my steamer just arrived today so I'm looking forward to DCing with it weekly. I plan to use Dark and Lovely Ultra Cholesterol.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
DCs currently in rotation:

ORS replenishing (My baby daddy! :lick:)
Matrix Ultra Hydrating balm
AOWC

Do you mix anything (i.e., oils) with your conditioners or just apply straight conditioner.

I have not been cowashing my hair because I have been a little sick. But now that my head cold is just about gone, I am hennaing and texlaxing my hair this weekend but tonight I am giving myself a hardcore DRC 28 protein treatment in preparation for it.

I will be sleeping with some Giovanni SAS Conditioner in my hair tonight for extra moisture and washing it out in the morning.
I'm fighting off a head cold too. :nono: On my week off no less. Hope you feel better! Is Giovanni SAS a better prepoo than say prepooing with oil?

so i deep conditioned the other day and added a little salt paste to my conditioner mix and my hair came out gorgeous!!!! this thread is something else ---->

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha.../262381-accidental-bit-moisturizing-mojo.html
I really need to check this out when things settle down with my hair. I'm having a few hiccups with it at the moment -- think porosity issues.

I want to join. I DC twice per week with protein and then a moisturizing conditioner.
I love doing this too. IDareT'sHair hipped me onto this (Thanks T! :)). I used try to mix protein and moisture DCs or alternate. Two steps works so much better :yep:
Does alternating protein and moisturizing conditioners take away the need for protein treatments like aphogee 2 min? ETA: Do you find that DCing 2x per with with alternating works better than DC 1x weekly and alternating?

onemoretry

I'd like to join! Have to stock up on my deep conditioners right now I only have 3, ORS Replenishing, Elasta QP, and Bioinfusion Olive Oil...

IslandDiva08

Ok...so i have started on this challenge a little early, i DC using the following

Giovanni Smooth as silk
Aloe 80 Organics Daily conditioner
Honey Quat
Rose Hip Oil, Avocado Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, vitamin E oil, a drop or two of neem oil and Rosemary and Peppermint EO. Mix all together and apply to my hair sat under steamer for 30 mins then slip on a shower cap for another 1hour or so.

My hair feels so good right now.....after i rinse my hair out i will be using my version of the kimmaytube leave-in to twist my hair.

cutenss

Sorry halee J :look: I guess you couldn't tell what it was. The conditioner is the Sebastain 2+1 Deep Conditioning Treatment. I found it at TJ Maxx. It was $12.99. When I read the back of the tub, I thought hmmm:scratchch And I knew that if I did not like it, I could return it. Well I did like it :yahoo: So I am going to buy more tomorrow, if they still have some :pray:

Here is what the back of the jar states:
2+1 A Recipe for Healthy Hair 2 Parts Moisture + 1 Part Protein Hair, like the body, needs moisture and protein to stay healthy and conditioned. Sebastian invented 2+1, an original recipe of 2 parts moisture and 1 part protein, to give the hair what it needs - deep intensive hydration, combined with the power of a protein pack. Normal or damaged hair feels conditioned, silky, moisturized and healthy. At Sebastian, 2+1 equals fabulous!

DIRECTIONS : Shampoo hair. Rinse. Apply generously to hair. Wrap hair in plastic bag and place under heat for 10-20 minutes, let cool, then rinse. Or wrap small sections of hair in aluminum foil and tap each one 3-5 times with a hot flat iron. Let cool, remove foil and rinse. Recommend 2+1 home use to your clients. I have seen Moptop Maven use the foil method here

INGREDIENTS : WATER (AQUA/EAU), CETYL ALCOHOL, QUATERNIUM-18, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PVP, GLYCERIN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CARTHAMUS TINCTORUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, POLYSORBATE 20, POLYQUATERNIUM-37, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, POLYSORBATE 60, TOCOPHEROL, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, FD&C YELLOW NO.6 (C.I. 15985), POTASSIUM SORBATE, FD&C YELLOW NO. 5 (CI 19140), ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN.

I used it under my steamer, but I think that next time I will use it like then directions state, and sit under the dryer, the use a moisturizing DC under my steamer. I am finding that any condition with protein does better under the dryer, while moisture DC's does better under the steamer, at least for my hair.

HTH :yep:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Sorry halee J :look: I guess you couldn't tell what it was. The conditioner is the Sebastain 2+1 Deep Conditioning Treatment. I found it at TJ Maxx. It was $12.99. When I read the back of the tub, I thought hmmm:scratchch And I knew that if I did not like it, I could return it. Well I did like it :yahoo: So I am going to buy more tomorrow, if they still have some :pray:

Here is what the back of the jar states:
2+1 A Recipe for Healthy Hair 2 Parts Moisture + 1 Part Protein Hair, like the body, needs moisture and protein to stay healthy and conditioned. Sebastian invented 2+1, an original recipe of 2 parts moisture and 1 part protein, to give the hair what it needs - deep intensive hydration, combined with the power of a protein pack. Normal or damaged hair feels conditioned, silky, moisturized and healthy. At Sebastian, 2+1 equals fabulous!

DIRECTIONS : Shampoo hair. Rinse. Apply generously to hair. Wrap hair in plastic bag and place under heat for 10-20 minutes, let cool, then rinse. Or wrap small sections of hair in aluminum foil and tap each one 3-5 times with a hot flat iron. Let cool, remove foil and rinse. Recommend 2+1 home use to your clients. I have seen Moptop Maven use the foil method here

INGREDIENTS : WATER (AQUA/EAU), CETYL ALCOHOL, QUATERNIUM-18, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PVP, GLYCERIN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CARTHAMUS TINCTORUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, POLYSORBATE 20, POLYQUATERNIUM-37, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, POLYSORBATE 60, TOCOPHEROL, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, FD&C YELLOW NO.6 (C.I. 15985), POTASSIUM SORBATE, FD&C YELLOW NO. 5 (CI 19140), ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN.

I used it under my steamer, but I think that next time I will use it like then directions state, and sit under the dryer, the use a moisturizing DC under my steamer. I am finding that any condition with protein does better under the dryer, while moisture DC's does better under the steamer, at least for my hair.

HTH :yep:

Wow! thanks for the detailed description and ingredients :grin: Let us know how it goes for ya, I'm always on the hunt :look: :lol:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Do you mix anything (i.e., oils) with your conditioners or just apply straight conditioner.

Does alternating protein and moisturizing conditioners take away the need for protein treatments like aphogee 2 min? ETA: Do you find that DCing 2x per with with alternating works better than DC 1x weekly and alternating?

I usually use them straight, I mix with oil on rare occasion.

I call the use of any protein conditioner a protein treatment. I consider Aphogee 2 min a medium protein, and of course the Hardcore 2 step would be strong protein. So my routine is shampoo, protein condish, moisture DC :yep: I find this works better than mixing or alternating for 2 reasons:

1. I can better gauge what my hair needs for each step so I don't overshoot protein or moisture.

2. My hair seems to respond better to protein when I do it this way.

I'd like to join! Have to stock up on my deep conditioners right now I only have 3, ORS Replenishing, Elasta QP, and Bioinfusion Olive Oil...

Welcome onemoretry :) Yes! Another ORS fan! I luuurve that stuff. How often are you going to DC?

Ok...so i have started on this challenge a little early, i DC using the following

Giovanni Smooth as silk
Aloe 80 Organics Daily conditioner
Honey Quat
Rose Hip Oil, Avocado Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, vitamin E oil, a drop or two of neem oil and Rosemary and Peppermint EO. Mix all together and apply to my hair sat under steamer for 30 mins then slip on a shower cap for another 1hour or so.

My hair feels so good right now.....after i rinse my hair out i will be using my version of the kimmaytube leave-in to twist my hair.

Glad your DC went well :yep:

prettyhair73

Just did a DC with my steamer and twisted my hair in 4 sections on each side. I also sprayed the scalp and hair with a mixture of apple cider vinegar, rosemary essential oil, green/mint tea and distilled water.

Attachments

• 12-30.JPG
    12-30.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

gorjis1

I'm in. I'll be DC'ing 1-2x week with my heat cap. At the moment I'm using Aussie Deeep, ORS Mayo, and Elasta QP DPR 11 with oils. I plan to try others also.

cia_garces

I'm in!!! I JUST found out about DCing on dry hair, so I think I might start doing that 'cause lawd knows I can't stand the shower hopscotch. :look:

divachyk

Tonight I purchased silk elements megasilk moisturizing conditioner to put in rotation. So for moisturizing conditioners I now have -- AOWC, Lustrasilk Shea/Mango Butter, and Silk Elements Megasilk. I have just a little bit of MorrocanOil Intense Hydrating Conditioner and Carol's Daughter Hair Smoothie that I'll be using up. For protein I have ORS replenishing pak, GVP Joico Kpak Reconstructor and Jocio Kpak Reconstruct Conditioner.

Rossy2010

Im going to DC today under the steamer later today with AOHRS, EVCO and JBCO. Right now Im pre pooing my hair with with JBCO & EVCO hot oil mixure:lick:

gigi2011

Hello all, I'm a long time lurker (finally a member) and would like to join the challenge as well. I will deep condition with different conditioners I have on deck, under my steamer.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I'm in!!! I JUST found out about DCing on dry hair, so I think I might start doing that 'cause lawd knows I can't stand the shower hopscotch. :look:

Welcome cia! DCing on dry hair is a great excuse buster :yep: there are times I really don't feel like getting wet twice either.

Hello all, I'm a long time lurker (finally a member) and would like to join the challenge as well. I will deep condition with different conditioners I have on deck, under my steamer.

Hiya gigi! Welcome to DDDC :)

divachyk

Okay so you know how we're taught -cones block moisture. How does DC with conditioners that contain -cones impact the hair's ability to receive moisture thereafter?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Okay so you know how we're taught -cones block moisture. How does DC with conditioners that contain -cones impact the hair's ability to receive moisture thereafter?

Well as I understand it, cones don't block out moisture entirely. It will impede absorption though. But it shouldn't really affect your hair too much unless you have build up. But regular clarifying should take care of that. Your hair will tell you when its time to clarify: it may feel weighed down, dry and not respond to product in the same way