Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I will be DC in a few with some left over DC from last week and I will be adding Giovanni and some Emergencee.....

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hair feels so-so although it's still a little damp. Hair is not tangled and feels strong but not lush as I desire. YTCarrots will be phased out as soon as I use it up. Will not repurchase.

prettyhair73

Got a fresh flat-iron today!! My hair is soooooooo silky and shiny!! It's grown a lot since November (last time I had it down). I moistened my ends with a little coconut oil tonight, not much because I am wearing it down until Sunday and don't want it to be too greasy. I used the Wild Growth Hair Oil night before last. You can really see the difference in your hair when you use natural products/mixes.

gigi2011

Steam dc'd after a henna gloss with Kenra moisturizing conditioner & honey. Great combo but Kenra alone is awesome :yep:

godzchildtoo

Yesterday I used Aphogee 2 step for five minutes and then DC'd with Yes To Carrots Hair & Scalp Mask for an hour, no heat. I needed it after traveling for 11 days...the DCs in India are not all that special. Actually, they probably are just regular conditioners.

winona

I keep forgetting to post but I have been doing overnight DCs(minimum 1X per week) as I have gotten even more lazier than normal. I have been using AORM and AOHSR.

s1b000

I've been bad about checking in, but I'm doing the work. I'm 9 weeks post relaxer so I am doing my DC today to prep for a relaxer with Phyto later this week. I feel like I'm losing more hair than I should be right now, so I clarified today with Joico, applied K-Pak to my new growth, and am now under the dryer with "steam" and a mix of Alterna Caviar and AE Garlic. I'll finish up with the Joico cuticle sealer. I'm looking forward to a length check later this week after I relax as I should now be full APL.

bimtheduck

Im DCing today on dry hair with a mixture of HE HH, Mane n' Tail, and Avon moisture intense hair masque. Im going to rinse this out later and shampoo then appy a rinse out conditioner, and air dry with Cantu Shea Butter leave in. I am determined to retain ALL of my growth this year!

cutenss

I clarified, and DC with a mixture of products that I use. I put them all in one bottle, for easier use. So it was Aphogee 2 Minute, Roux Porosity Control and Conditioner and GVP Conditioning Balm. I steamed with it for 20 minutes, then overnight (to lazy to rinse). Rinsed in a.m., air dried, then sprayed with Aphogee Green Tea Mist, then flat ironed.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Today I used my AOWC to get my hair back on course from using a new DC (YTCarrots Hair and Scalp Mask) the other day that my hair did not like. Now that I'm back on track. I'll dabble in some new stuff next go 'round.

greenbees

Today I used Aphogee 2 minute and the Silicon Mix deep conditioner. I'm pleasantly surprised with the silicon mix so far!!

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Lita

Hot oiled with WGO & Macadamia oil/KeraCare sulfate free detangle poo/Use a mixture of Dc because I dont have a lot of any left for 35min/Rinsed with BF Mango Macadamia con/Nioxin #8 con on scalp 3min/BF Desert leave-in/Sealed with Sunflower seed oil...Hair is very soft & very few strands came out...8 braids..silk scarf..off to bed.

*Applied Brahmi oil on my scalp...
*JBCO on my edges...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

prettyhair73

I am going to co-wash in the morning and then steam Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm using my oils and Shea butter mix, Wild Growth Hair Oil and my coconut!!

cutenss

For anyone that dcs over night how do you wrap your hair or keep your pillows from getting wet?

mystery29 I used to use a plastic cap, but now I use Walmart, or any store plactic bag. I can secure it way better that the caps. Then I add my Turbie Twist thingy over that. No wet piloows for me.

HTH

DesignerCurls

DC'ed last night (overnight) with AOHSR & ceramide oils (hemp seed, wheat germ, & rice bran oils). Also massage a homemade peppermint & cayenne mix into my scalp!!! My head was feeling like a peppermint pattie! :lol: but good for circulation though!

Used2Bbald

I deep condition 2x week with henna or amla/maka/brahmi or cassia and use deep conditioner/conditioner to wash out pastes. I will cheer from the sidelines :yep:

I love it!!!I use Napur which is a mixture of powders once a week and I apply my dc after.:yep: I want to purchase some more conditioning powders

naturalagain2

I haven't checked-in in a while. I've been wearing roller sets and they last me a longggg time lol. I did DC last Wed. before I went out of town. I used my beloved AOHSR.

prettyhair73

Okay so I steamed last night with the Suave Shea Butter conditioner, coconut, jojoba, Grapeseed, and EVOO. My hair is still really straight curly because I got it flat-ironed. This woman asked me today if it was a "curl", after I stopped laughing I told her no. Then she proceeded to ask me for my hair regimen.