Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

winona

Slept in conditioner mix Steaming hair this morning for 30min (2X15). (conditioner mix: AO Jojoba and Aloe Herb mixed with 1tablespoon of glycerin and WGO)

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Steamed with vatika frosting and green tea butter last Wednesday. On Saturday dc'd with heat using shea moisture deep treatment masque and a mix of ayurvedic powders.

Aggie

I deep cowashed this morning with Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner mixed with CON Ultra Nourish Conditioner and kept it in all day as deep moisture method treatment.

Vonnieluvs08

DC'd today for the 1st time in 2 weeks and it felt so goooooddddd. Protein DC with Mozeke Carrot Protein, Joico Kpak, and an egg. My hair felt nice and strong. Followed up with Moisture DC using SSI Banana Burlee.

Hair is feeling right.

winona

Fell asleep with microwave heat cap with AOWC, AORM, Glycerin, WGO . Woke up and currently Steaming for 40min (2X20min)

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Dc'd overnight with SSI's Okra Reconstructor and cowashed this morning with Oyin's Honey Hemp. This was a combo made in heaven :love:.

Aggie

Still deep cowashing about twice a week using ayurveda powders and Tresemme Gelatin with B12 Thickening Conditioner.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Been so busy I've only been DCing 1x a week. Hopefully I can get to do a nice long DC on Saturday with ORS replenishing.

winona

Last night applied henna. This morning applied indigo with steam for 30min. Airdried hair then applied AOWC, HSR, glycerin, WGO steam for 40min (2X20)

Aggie

I did a deep ayur-cowash this morning followed by a black tea rinse mixed with Jason Natural Jojoba Conditioner and then I cowashed it all out with Tresemme Anti-Breakage b12 and Gelatin Conditioner. Hair feels a lot strong. I just did LadyP's DMM technique with my usual Aussie Moist Conditioner, sealed with some kukui Nut oil.

PJaye

Although I haven’t posted in this thread in eons, I have been consistently deep conditioning my hair every week; I’ve recently bumped it up to twice a week.

I typically alternate between Matrix Ultra Hydrating Balm and Giovanni SAS Deeper Moisture mixed with My Honey Child Honey Hair Mask.

winona

Cant wait to get home and try out my new conditioner. i will post an update today:)

UPDATE:
dc with microwave heat cap (1 1/2hr) and Ayurvedic Conditioner
I love the conditioner it left my hair soft and strong:)

Last edited:

Aggie

Deep conditioned on Wednesday past with Jason Natural Jojoba Conditioner for a couple of hours without heat.

winona

Steaming with Tucuma Moisturizing Conditioner for 1hr (2X30) prepping the hair for the work week

Aggie

I did a protein treatment this morning with Ion Reconstructor Conditioner followed with AO HSR and JN Jojoba Conditioners combined. I am finding that my texlaxed hair does not like the Jason Naturals Jojoba conditioner as a DC so I will be using it as a cowash conditioner until they're all done. I won't be repurchasing them.

My hair does however :love: the AO HSR conditioner. I will be repurchasing it along with the AOWC conditioners and keeping them as staples.

winona

Pre poo last night with AO Blue Green Algae Mask. Wash with CV Ayurvedic Poo Bar. This morning preping hair for cornrows by steaming for 1hr (2X30) with a mix of AOWC, AORM, glycerin and SAA

Vonnieluvs08

I've been DCing once a week with my DC mix. I used that up last week. I wish I had some left because it left my hair sooooo soft after each DC. I'm going to keep adding reconstructors and PC to my DC. That moisture/protein balance as well as porosity control really had my hair happy. Think I'm going to move on to Christine Grant and Komaza for my DCs

DesignerCurls

I haven't posted in awhile but i'm still DC'ing weekly (I really want to get a steamer).
~Poo'ed my 2 strand twist today with SheaMoisture shampoo (first time using it).
~Then DC'ed with WGO and rice bran oil mix (sat under dryer for 10 min). ~Rinsed...sealed with rice bran oil, sweet almond oil, and coconut oil mix.
~Put twist in bun...hair is feeling good!!! :yay:

Aggie

I have been DCing with J/A/S/O/N Biotin Thin to Thick Conditioner. Now moving on to something else, hmmm, I wonder :scratchch.

Prudent1

Posting long overdue update pics...
Will be DCing tonight with Giovanni + heat and cap after applying a Bentonite clay mask to my hair first for about an hour. Yea, it's almost December!! This challenge has really helped me with moisture retention!! :grin:

Attachments

• PB130084.jpg
    PB130084.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 7
  • PB130088.JPG
    PB130088.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 5
  • PB130092.jpg
    PB130092.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 3