Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Americka

DC'd yesterday...
1. Protein treatment with egg/Dominican DC mixture (45 minutes)
2. Moisture treatment with Baba de Caracol, vanilla extract, garlic oil, panthenol, SAA, and sunflower oil (30 minutes)
3. Final moisture treatment with Skala Shea Butter Masque (30 minutes)

:lick:

Vonnieluvs08

I've been DCing once a week with a DC mix to use up the last of some products. This week I DC'd with

Komaza Olive Oil (used up), Banana Burlee, Joico Kpak Reconstructor (used up), SSI Green Tea/Hibiscus(used up), Mega Tek, Porosity Control, and my HOT oils.

I plan to open my WDT next week and alternate with that and BB.

winona

Thanks for bumping I forgot to add my weekly dc

Thursday after everyone had gone asleep :) I did a prepoo (chicoro's), wash and steam with Tucuma Moisturizing Conditioner, WGO, and glycerin to prep for my protective style (cornrows and twists)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will DC under steamer prolly tomorrow with either Jasmine Avacado & Silk or BeeMine BeeUtiFul *i can never get this name right*:lol:

Aggie

I did a mehendhi henna/kalpi tone tea rinse this morning and my hair is feeling pretty strong right now. I am DCing all day today with Alter Ego Garlic Treatment on my scalp and hair

maxineshaw

I haven't been up here in a minute. I've just been applying EVOO to my hair overnight. Since I've been doing this my mother has commented on how healthy my hair looks.:grin:

Also, I bought a Pibbs dryer to help out with dc'ing, and I didn't like it. I wound up selling it. I don't think I will ever dc my hair again wet. I prefer this method, and I've actually been able to see a difference in the condition of my hair.

winona

Steaming hair for 1hr (2X30min) with AO Jojoba & Aloe, AOHSR, AOWC, and AO Rose Mosqueta and Glycerin (trying to use up my AO stash)

DesignerCurls

Haven't been here in a while...I'm still DCing weekly. But I did change the products I'm using.
I'm using only AO products and ceramide oils for my deep condish routine now and it has been woeking great! AO Island Natural with a mixture of my fav oils (hemp seed, WGO, sesame, & rice bran) after I shampoo with my Ayurvedic poo bar.

AlliCat

DC'd last night with Motions Moisture Plus. I swear this condish is underrated! So much slip and moisture :lick::lick::lick: DC'd for an hour with a plastic cap. I didn't feel like using heat this time.

In regards to deep conditioning in general, I decided that i need to be more consistent. DCing at least once a week...so I put my blackberry to use and scheduled each and every weekly DC session (every friday)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
DC'd last night with Motions Moisture Plus. I swear this condish is underrated! So much slip and moisture :lick::lick::lick: DC'd for an hour with a plastic cap. I didn't feel like using heat this time.

In regards to deep conditioning in general, I decided that i need to be more consistent. DCing at least once a week...so I put my blackberry to use and scheduled each and every weekly DC session (every friday)

Man, I wish I could say the same about MMP, at first I liked it for the slip, but there was nothing in the moisture department. I have a 5lb tub of it in my bathroom, mocking me. I barely made a dent in it :nono:

Last edited:

AlliCat

Man, I wish I could say the same about MMP, at first I liked it for the slip, but there was nothing in the moisture department. I have a 5lb tub of it in my bathroom, mocking me. I barely made a dent in it :nono:

Awh :sad: Have you tried adding naturals oils and honey to it?

DesignerCurls

After visiting the Yes to Carrot vs. Yes to Cucumber thread, I decided to do an experiment so I DC'ed using steam last night on dry hair. On one side of my head I used Yes to Cucumber Daily Makeover and on the other side I used AO White Camellia and sealed both sides with hemp, WGO, and rice bran oils. My hair just drank the AOWC up but it was still moist and the YTCu was a little more wet (I could still see the product on my hair). After I added the oils and started steaming they both felt the same. But the real truth came down to when I washed them out! The YTCu made all my tangles melt...the slip was amazing and my hair felt silky even! The down side is it wasn't that moisturizing but I can add that afterwards. The AOWC was a little more moist but I had to put a little more effort into detangling. So I think I will continue to use both for their different conditioning properties. :grin:

Just thought I share and HHG ladies!