DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE - PART 3 CONT'D

Aggie

I am sorry to have to do this but the lead post is longer than 10,000 digits and I have to remove names of non-active members from the thread to allow names of the active ones to be added. To be an active member of the DC thread, members should check in at least once every 2 weeks to qualify and keep their positions. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Okay ladies we were almost at a thousand (1000) posts in the original DC challenge Part 3 and I thought it was time for me to start another thread. Here's the link from the old thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=319707

Hi again to all deep conditioning challengers,

This is just a continuation of the deep conditioning challenge that ran for all of 2008. Now by popular demand it's back for next year beginning January 1st - December 31st, 2009. This challenge was started because we sometimes get a little lazy and don't want to do all that's necessary for our hair to grow faster, so the challenge helps us to encourage each other to remain consistent and persistent.

I know that I myself have experienced a huge success with my hair progress since starting deep condtioning consistently, it is thicker and longer:yep:. I am relaxed so co-washing everyday doesn't work too well for me but DC-ing 2 to 3 times a week is the truth. By the way, this challenge is for all natural, texlaxed, texturized and relaxed heads.

Here is what you will need for this challenge:

1. Simplicity is still key in this challenge.
2. Deep conditioning is required a minimum of once per week, be it on wet or dry hair. If you are wearing braids or weaves, once per 10-14 days would suffice. I am using my WEN and Hair One cleansing conditioners while in braids because I like that I can leave them in for extended conditioning.
3. Shampooing more than once a week is not required.
4. You may deep condition with heat (steam/conditioning heat caps or hot towels and plastic cap - Samanthajones Technique) for at least 30 minutes to an hour using the deep conditioner of your choice.
5. And/Or you may deep condition without heat wearing a plastic cap from a couple of hours to overnight if you dare - and wash out the following morning.
6. Please check in at least once a week to update the team on how it's going for you. Also, it would be helpful if we know what you are using as your deep conditioners of choice. This helps to inform the newbies in that we'll know if they are using the correct conditioners for their hair in an effort to avoid protein/moisture overload.
7. Let us know what kind of results you are getting from a conditioner as well, whether you liked it or not and why.
8. Please post your starting progress pic at the beginning of the challenge and the last one will be required by December 27th-31st, 2009 when the challenge will end.

MY STARTING PIC IS IN MY SIGGY.

LADIES I NEED A LIST OF THE GREAT CONDITIONERS YOU ARE USING SO I CAN LIST THEM HERE. SOME EXAMPLES OF DEEP CONDITIONERS THAT CAN BE USED ARE:

Mizani Moisturefuse
Mizani Thermasmooth
Mizani Fulfyl Conditioning Treatment (moisture/protein balance)
Biolage Hydrating and Ultra Hydrating Conditioning Balm
Biolage Fortetherapie Cera-Repair Treatment (both at-home and prof'l-moisture/protein balance)
Biolage Hydratherapie Cera-Repair treatment (both at-home and prof'l-moisture/protein balance)
Nioxin Intensive Therapy Weightless Reconstructive Masque (mild to moderate protein)
Nioxin Scalp Therapy #3 for fine chemically enhanced hair (mild to moderate protein)
Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner
Keracare Humecto (in the tub - great for stretching relaxers)
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus Mango
Organics Hair Mayonnaise Treatment for Damaged Hair (mild protein)
Alter Ego Garlic Treatment Oil Conditioner (great for sheddding)
Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor (mild protein)
Salerm 21 Wheat Germ Mask
Miss Key 10 in 1 Conditioner
Queen Helene Cholesterol
Loreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Conditioner
Creme Of Nature Nourishing Conditioner
Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Hair Conditioning Mask
Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor (mild protein)
Ultra Black Hair Deep Conditioner (by Cathy Howse)
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Nature's Gate Biotin Strengthening Conditioner (mild protein)
Jason Natural Thin to Thick hair & Scalp Therapy Extra Volume Conditioner
Jason Natural Jojoba Conditioner
Jason Natural Biotin Conditioner
Jason Natural Lavender Strengthening Conditioner (mild protein)
Mills Creek Keratin Conditioner (protein)
Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner - doubles as a delicious leave-in:lick:.
Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment (moisture/protein balance)
Creme Of Nature Conditioning Reconstructor (mild protein)
Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner
Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayaonnaise (mild protein)
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing Conditioner (mild protein)
Ultra Sheen Duo Tex Protein Conditioner
Neutragena Triple Moisture Mask

The above are the ones found in my own stash of conditioners. I would like to add others for the sake of our newbies so please indicate if the conditioners are protein based or I would automatically assume they are moisture based, okay?

Other deep conditioners that can be used are:

GVP Conditioning Balm (from Sally's)
Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (protein)
Joico K Pak Intensive Hydrator Conditioner
Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
Hairveda Sitrinillah Deep Conditioning Mask
ORS Replenishing Pak (mild protein/moisturizing)
Alter Ego Nourishing Rebalancing Conditioner
Shescentit Banana Brulee
Ojon Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
Phytojojoba Mask
Mizani Microfusion Conditioner
MOP C-System Conditioner
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream
LeKair Cholesterol (mild protien)
ICON Inner Home Moisture Mask
Aubrey Organics Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask (protein)
Aubrey Organis Isand naturals Conditioner
J/A/S/O/N/ Sea Kelp Conditioner
Freeman's mango Papaya Conditioner
Rene Furtere Karite Intense Nourishing Mask (mild protein)
Federic Fekai Hair Mask with Shea Butter
NuNaat Keratin Conditioner (protein)
Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning detangler
Tresemme Natural Conditioner
Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment
Pantene Restoratives Time Renewal Replenishing Mask
Kenra Platinum Shea Butter Reconstructor (protein)
Nexxus Emergencee (mild to moderate protein)
Carols Daughter Black Vanilla Smoothie
Silicon Mix Conditioner
Alter Ego Energizing and Rebalancing Cream
Shapely's Mane N Tail

Those who want to join, please PM me and I will add you to the challenge.

Remember to always have fun:dance7:.

Deep Conditioning Challengers so far are:

Aggie
wheezy807
carmencan
Mrs. Verde
Lisaaa Bonet
JustKiya
normagee
platinum
MonaLisa
jersygurl
tiffers
huricane
sevetlana
tishee
SouthernStunner
LaidBak
thaidreams
moonglowdiva
ms_b_haven06
Mandy4610
Eisani
chebaby
Twisties
Shay72
sandyrabbit
camilla
ILuvmuhgrass
SuchMagnificance
jrae
Chameleonchick
SouthernBeauty
drasgrl
silentdove13
Tarae
MzWill
trinigal27
tgrowe
spacetygrss
shae101s
ajacks
Romey
PuffyBrown
Highly Favored08
natstar
cicilypayne
**Jade**
GoldenBreeze
brightblueink
Golden75
evsbaby
lennet93
sandyrabbit
SunnyDelight
newsflower
Jaxhair
bluwatersoul
asummertyme
s1b000
TriniStarr
healthyhair2
lovleelilie
CurliDiva
Lexib
Loves Harmony
Hot40
NappturalWomyn
JDandBeyond
Butterfly08
mtmorg
shoediva2006
miss_cherokee
miss congeniality
nik4jesus
lp318lp
naturalness
scarcity21
Chardai
MsElise
tycoles
hairsothick
Tallone
poeticmusiqu
Chocsmile
ayoung
angeleyes3b
jaded_faerie
Serenity_Peace
yodie
Diam0ndiva
DaDragonPrincess
mahogany_horizons
BostonMaria
Whimsy
song_of_serenity
futurescbride
joytimes10
sunbubbles
flowinlocks
Controversial*Diva
aymone
deusa80
soonergirl
Vonnieluvs08
Sweetg
Nefertiti21
Skent
JJamiah
long4longhair
bgirl72
ChemistryGirl
HairHustla
IamMoreThanAConqueror
hotcoco
digitalmuse66
Zeal
kriolagirl
tashima
krikit96
Liege4421
princessdi
moch.li
Cream Tee
mysoon2behair
kinkylyfe
sonce
MzCiCi
tashima
eocceas
jumpingjax1906
mslittlelala
~NanCeBoTwin~
balancegoals2009
I AM...
mswoman
pookiwah
sheedahp
Rotasaruai
anewdai
nikz24
remilaku
alshepp635
Muffin

Last edited:

newflowers

I'm getting ready to relax next week, so tonight was another deep conditioning treatment for me. I used the Alterna 10 again - this is really a great conditioner - head in a bag and sat under the dryer for 30 minutes then I graded papers for another hour.

wheezy807

I'm promising myself to be in this thread more than i was in the other. I think the only time i was in the other thread was when i joined.:perplexed I know i can do this.

Jaxhair

Ooooh! New thread, new resolve! I'm off now to get me some coconut cream for a delicious avocado+coconut cream+honey DC:lick:. This is so moisturising for my hair, even after a henna treatment, I love it! Thinking of doing a big batch and freezing for easy access as I'll be doing 3 weekly DCs from now on. Just went through my products and I've recently finished my AO HSR and have no more bought in the bottle moisture DCs! - time for shopping, me thinks! AO Camellia, here I come! I love me some AO conditioners:yep:!

Aggie, Are you going to lock the old thread? I love the fact it's exactly 100 pages long and (guessing) 1000 posts? Plus you started it and finished it - such lovely multiples of 10 - let's not get it spoilt. Yup, I'm just a little bit OCD with numbers like that, lol!:blush::lachen:

Last edited:

msdeevee

Ok, last night I jumped right in and did an overnight pre-poo oil treatment.

I wet my hair w/ Carols Daughter black vanilla leave-in and then I put 4-5 droppers of Wen fig oil, Jamaican black castor oil and MT.

I rinsed it out this morning, but then got a call from a friend to run out with her so I'm now sitting with Dr Miracles DC treatment on my hair with a plastic cap that I will wear under my hat 'til I come back.

This is why I wasn't on my DC like I should have been before, just not enough time but I'm determined to do it . I think this may have been my missing link.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I dc'd last night with Sitrinillah. I always love how it makes my hair feels. Staple for life.

Got a question and been pondering it back & forth. Okay now that I think about it I got two questions.

1. When you are dcing and you do it for a certain amount of time with heat and a certain amount of time with just the plastic cap (ie, 1 hr with plastic cap, 1 hr with plastic cap & heat). What do you do first? Heat then plastic cap only or vice versa?

2. Also I think I want to make my own natural protein tx. You know some times you are in the mood for that. Also I believe Naturalgirl (I hope that is right) mentioned what products she uses for protein in the last thread so I wanna do it too! So can anyone help me with one? I was thinking of eggs, coconut milk, and yogurt. Too much, not enough? Or would this work as a protein dc and not necessarily be strong enough for a tx?

TIA!

morehairplease

Just checking in ladies,

I shampooed today with Lanza healing strength and deep conditioned with Lanza healing strength conditioner for 1 hour.

Ganjababy

Neutrogena triple moisture mask is a really good deep conditioner. If it is not on your list please add.

Aggie

I'm promising myself to be in this thread more than i was in the other. I think the only time i was in the other thread was when i joined.:perplexed I know i can do this.

Woo Hoo:clap:, this is what I like to hear. Looking forward to seeing you more Wheezy:yep:.

Aggie

Ooooh! New thread, new resolve! I'm off now to get me some coconut cream for a delicious avocado+coconut cream+honey DC:lick:. This is so moisturising for my hair, even after a henna treatment, I love it! Thinking of doing a big batch and freezing for easy access as I'll be doing 3 weekly DCs from now on. Just went through my products and I've recently finished my AO HSR and have no more bought in the bottle moisture DCs! - time for shopping, me thinks! AO Camellia, here I come! I love me some AO conditioners:yep:!

Aggie, Are you going to lock the old thread? I love the fact it's exactly 100 pages long and (guessing) 1000 posts? Plus you started it and finished it - such lovely multiples of 10 - let's not get it spoilt. Yup, I'm just a little bit OCD with numbers like that, lol!:blush::lachen:

That's the plan Jaxhair. I already sent a pm to 3 moderators requesting that the thread be locked so hopefully they'll take care of that for us pretty soon.

Aggie

Ok, last night I jumped right in and did an overnight pre-poo oil treatment.

I wet my hair w/ Carols Daughter black vanilla leave-in and then I put 4-5 droppers of Wen fig oil, Jamaican black castor oil and MT.

I rinsed it out this morning, but then got a call from a friend to run out with her so I'm now sitting with Dr Miracles DC treatment on my hair with a plastic cap that I will wear under my hat 'til I come back.

This is why I wasn't on my DC like I should have been before, just not enough time but I'm determined to do it . I think this may have been my missing link.

This is the story of my life too. I went to work today with DC on my hair under a shower cap and wig:grin:.

JustKiya

Subbing!!

:blush: I've been a bad, bad, bad girl - I think this might be the first time since I started doing the 2x weekly DC's that I've gone for two weeks with no watah on my head. :nono: It's a shame, and I'm shamed to admit it. My hair feels good, though, I must admit, and I'm keeping my hands out of it, but it's gonna get much love......um, this weekend. Yeah. :blush:

Aggie

I dc'd last night with Sitrinillah. I always love how it makes my hair feels. Staple for life.

Got a question and been pondering it back & forth. Okay now that I think about it I got two questions.

1. When you are dcing and you do it for a certain amount of time with heat and a certain amount of time with just the plastic cap (ie, 1 hr with plastic cap, 1 hr with plastic cap & heat). What do you do first? Heat then plastic cap only or vice versa?

2. Also I think I want to make my own natural protein tx. You know some times you are in the mood for that. Also I believe Naturalgirl (I hope that is right) mentioned what products she uses for protein in the last thread so I wanna do it too! So can anyone help me with one? I was thinking of eggs, coconut milk, and yogurt. Too much, not enough? Or would this work as a protein dc and not necessarily be strong enough for a tx?

TIA!

I can answer question 1 and the answer is - it doesn't matter which way you decide to do this. The end result will be the same. I however prefer to add heat first and then allow the DC to sit on my hair a little longer if I'm not ready to wash it out yet and usually this only happens after I've henna'ed my hair. Henna is very drying and I like my DC to sit on my hair overnight after a henna treatment.

As for question 2, I would recommend that you send naturalgurl a PM and see what she does. I would like for her to post her reggie in the this thread as well to help all those who would like to use kitchen items to DC with.

Aggie

Subbing!!

:blush: I've been a bad, bad, bad girl - I think this might be the first time since I started doing the 2x weekly DC's that I've gone for two weeks with no watah on my head. :nono: It's a shame, and I'm shamed to admit it. My hair feels good, though, I must admit, and I'm keeping my hands out of it, but it's gonna get much love......um, this weekend. Yeah. :blush:

Welcome back JustKiya. I get like this sometimes so I know exactly how you feel. This time around though, I'm thinking that I don't want to lose even a moment of progress so I will try my best to keep up with all the challenges I joined this year.

Aggie

Okay my own update so far - I pre-pooed my scalp last night with my essential oils infused MT and shikakai oil on my ends. I washed with OCT and FAST poo, condition wash with Nutrine garlic conditioner and FAST con. Now I am sitting with some AO White Camellia mixed with CON Ultra Nourish Conditioner on my hair.

Last edited:

Zenobia61

Aggie, pls add me to the list. I've been playing with my hair and I need to get serious. I don't usually do well in challenges, but this is one that I am committing to!! I already have a lot of the conditioners on the list,but I haven't been DCing with 'em!!

I AM SO LAZZZYYYYYYY:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

msdeevee

This is the story of my life too. I went to work today with DC on my hair under a shower cap and wig:grin:.

I would like to see a pic of that :lachen: but like I always say about us we may not do all we want to do but we always do what we have to do.

Aggie

Aggie, pls add me to the list. I've been playing with my hair and I need to get serious. I don't usually do well in challenges, but this is one that I am committing to!! I already have a lot of the conditioners on the list,but I haven't been DCing with 'em!!

I AM SO LAZZZYYYYYYY:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Very good to see that you are at least attempting to combat that lazy spell:grin: and welocme Zenobia61.

naturalness

I dc'd today with Aphogee 2 step treatment. I followed up with Elasta QP DPR-11 mixed with HE Hello Hydration, olive oil and honey.

sqzbly1908

:lachen::lachen: Girl - That is great idea - I don't wear wigs (yet) but knowing me I know a little piece of plastic would be showing from under mine:lachen::lachen:...Gotta stay conditioned by any means necessary!!!