Deliverance ministry

BeautyPoint

Has anyone undergone public deliverance or deliverance counseling?

I have been researching spiritual warfare and deliverance and have identified " a multitude" of bondage areas in my life. I've never had counseling through the church and don't know what to expect.

For those that have gone through deliverance, were spirits casted out? Did you feel renewed?

I would love to hear your (or others you know) experiences or testimonies of being set free through deliverance ministry.

Thanks!

Guitarhero

If it will help, no, but I have seen this type of deliverance online. People's personalities took on a complete 180 and they appeared to have a strong sense of relief and release from bondage and attainment of peace. Some people appeared to have mental illness (others might say devils) in the beginning and when the priest approaches them, some of them writhe.

Last edited:

Prudent1

I'm not 100% sure of what you are asking but if I undertsnad you correctly- yes. I had to be delivered of a few things. No spiritual possession but most of them were things tied to a lack of trust in God. Things I wasn't even aware I needed that type of prayer for. Prior to then I thought my regular prayers were sufficient.:look: In one instance a traveling apostle came to our church. He said he was told to come by God. My pastor felt agreement in his spirit so the entire order of services was changed that Sunday. He shared several intimate things with different members. There was prayer for deliverance from various things. The relief I felt and lightness of spirit are hard to describe with words. I learned a little better what it means to cast your cares on Jesus and not pick them up again. I have not been the same. I don't think any of us are.:scratchch

BeautyPoint

I'm not 100% sure of what you are asking but if I undertsnad you correctly- yes. I had to be delivered of a few things. No spiritual possession but most of them were things tied to a lack of trust in God. Things I wasn't even aware I needed that type of prayer for. Prior to then I thought my regular prayers were sufficient.:look: In one instance a traveling apostle came to our church. He said he was told to come by God. My pastor felt agreement in his spirit so the entire order of services was changed that Sunday. He shared several intimate things with different members. There was prayer for deliverance from various things. The relief I felt and lightness of spirit are hard to describe with words. I learned a little better what it means to cast your cares on Jesus and not pick them up again. I have not been the same. I don't think any of us are.:scratchch

Thanks for sharing! This is what I was asking. :yep: Sorry for being sketchy..this is pretty new to me and I'm not sure how to word it correctly..lol

I've been in public deliverance services where a word was given to individuals and hands laid upon and often wondered if they were really freed from some of the issues that were brought forward.

I know that some issues are deeper and require getting to the root which I believe may require a couple of private deliverance counseling sessions. I feel I fall into this category. And was wondering, what to expect.

There was prayer for deliverance from various things. The relief I felt and lightness of spirit are hard to describe with words. I learned a little better what it means to cast your cares on Jesus and not pick them up again. I have not been the same. I don't think any of us are.:scratchch

Glooorrry! Letting go and letting God is one area I struggle with. I want to cast my cares on Him and don't think about it anymore. I know there are plenty of "blockages" that are preventing me from doing so. I want to be renewed in Him. :love2: