DEN 1'S NEW UPDATED HAIR PHOTOS!!!

Re: DEN 1\'S NEW UPDATED HAIR PHOTOS!!!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
zoya_j said:
I actually cringe when she's doing my hair, so I make sure to wash, treat and condition my hair before letting her braid or weave it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zoya, I'm telling you! I was so angry
mad.gif
with my hairdresser. I asked her to rebraid some of my natural cornrows, because it was untidy and slightly matted, and what did she do? instead of detangling my hair, she yanked them out with her fingers. Now, at the time I did'nt realise what she was doing, until afterwards I noticed my hair ends were on the carpet and the ends of my hair were breaking off. The other day I confronted her about it, I explained in a reasonable manner to handle my hair gently. She told me it is because I wash my hair on a weekly basis and use no heat. I explained that the breakage is a direct cause of it being mishandled. She is a really nice person, but sensitive too, consequently, she took this the wrong way. I spoke with her on another occasion, and explained about hair care tips I had learnt from this forum and Robin's technique. She now understands how i would like my hair to be cared for
grin.gif
. You really do need good sense of comminucation with a hairdresser that way you get less disappointments.

keke said:
Den? I see u did some 2 strand twists. How were u able to have the keep the ends of them together w/o the hair coming loose? I wanna try it. Hair is great, btw, loving the length.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Keke,
The twists were done straight after washing. My sister towel blotted the hair, and applied Castor oil and infusium 23 original, whilst it was still damp. She parted my hair in six sections then securely twisted them. Lastly, she used Robin's ends sealing treatment, that is how they don't unravel
grin.gif

Supergirl said:
Do you have any relatives in Texas?
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Supergirl. I have relatives in Brooklyn.

Hello adrienne,
Thankyou, and congratulations
cool.gif
on your progress too
grin.gif

Beautiful hair den. I'm over here imagining waist length natural hair...aaaahhh
grin.gif
And no more cracks about your weight or looks or I'm gonna have to come over there
spank.gif

hey den!! yo pics are sooooo nice and its a real inspiration to see some1 wit 4b type hair that's soooo long coz u got me all excited coz i'm imaginin myself wit that length hair
grin.gif
anyway, not to sound self centred but yo hair made me dream jus lookin at it
grin.gif

Your hair looks so thick and healthy! You would never know you had a minor setback. Keep us posted.

sweetcocoa said:
Your hair looks so thick and healthy! You would never know you had a minor setback. Keep us posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sweetcocoa, if it wasn't for the breakage my hair would be longer
frown.gif
I'll definitely keep you guys posted.
grin.gif

Your hair is very thick and beautiful Den! Do you ever wear it "OUT"? or flat iron it?

-lee

leejure said:
Your hair is very thick and beautiful Den! Do you ever wear it "OUT"? or flat iron it? -lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Leejure, I don't wear my hair out, I always apply protective styling methods. The last time iIhad my hair pressed was at age 14. I refuse to press my hair until I reach my hair goals (healthy, long and strong)
grin.gif

Ok Denise....

You are such an inspiration to me, can I tell ya! Your hair is fabulous and you're beautiful as well!

You have shown that even natural 4A's/4B's can have long, beautiful, healthy hair. How long have you been growing your hair out? How do you go about trimming your hair without use of a blowdryer? I'm trying to stay away from heat myself.

And thank you for putting up a website that outlines your hair regime!

I just went natural in January after one year of transitioning. Right now, I'm just rinsing my hair everyday and wearing it in an afro but I plan on starting a regime where I'm wearing it in braids, twists etc for most of the time. I can't wait to see how long my hair will be once I graduate from college (3 years from now)!

Please keep us posted on your growth/health journey!

-Ebony

[ QUOTE ]
How long have you been growing your hair out? How do you go about trimming your hair without use of a blowdryer? I'm trying to stay away from heat myself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Ebonyeyes,
Thanks for the compliments, I've been growing my hair since last July, 2002. After washing and conditioning I part my hair in 4-6 sections, add infusium 23 and castor oil, then do two strand twists. Any frayed or frizzy ends are trimmed away using a sharp barber scissors, I then apply Robin's ends sealing technique with the flat-iron this locks in the moisture, making ends stronger and healthier.

I hope this helps, happy growing
grin.gif

not to be redundant, but your hair really is gorgeous. it's an inspiration for all of us seeking strong, long hair, but particularly for us naturals. congrats!

Miss brown, thank-you so much, and I hope I can continue to inspire, especially natural 4a/4bs to grow their hair long, strong and HEALTHY.

Hi DEN1,
wave.gif

Your hair is indeed an inspiration for all, especially us natural heads. Thanks for sharing your regime and pictures.
smile.gif

Your welcome, Hairyette, I'll certainly keep your guys posted on my progress over the next three months.

Den
Congratulations on your hair, you have done very well. I look forward to seeing your waist length pictures, it is not far from your goal. We really need to see more Ladies like yourself in books from African descent women.

Where do you get your Fo ti from.
Also about your weight, things take time, I know sometimes you will that things are not going as fast as they should. You did very well and are doing very well, you lost a lot of weight and you were exercising, and you were eating healthy, continue what you are doing. We all long to have long hair like yourself and we look for you for inspiration and support. Continue what you are doing and you will achieve your goals, you have achieved them already.
God bless you and I look forward to seeing you with pictures, pressed just to see your length.

Den your hair is fabuloso! Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work
smile.gif

Thanks Valerie,
I bought NOW Fo-ti from Granary Foods in London, Eastham, it is priced £5.99 for 100 capsules.This chinese herb is brilliant it has made my hair so dark, fuller and healthier looking.

Valerie, I must be honest there isn't a diet at the moment, I keep getting ill and weak due to the monthly, so the doctor has put me on 200mg of iron. Oh, well, the weight will shift one day, but not for now. I know you guys can't wait to see my hair pressed, I'm a bit a of tease showing pictures of my hair stretched. Sorry you gotta wait until I reach my waist length goal. Thanks once again, happy growing and I'm glad to be of help.
grin.gif

Hey, Gyal!
Mi done know yu get nuff licks already, so mi wi keep mi mout' shut!
spank.gif
On a betta note, you are making excellent progress on this hairgrowth journey! Keep on inspiring and motivating the lot of us!!!
weird.gif

Hey AJamericanDiva, Waw gawn gyal,
ouch no more licks please, mi can't tek it no more. Thank-you I'll keep on motivating you guys.

Back