Denisha Montgomery - Another Black Female U.S. Army Soldier Found Dead

Rastafarai

She was stationed in Germany when they discovered her dead in her barracks. A few weeks beforehand, she was prepared to leave the Army after being violently assaulted by her fellow servicemen. Denisha is added to the roster of Black female soldiers that the U.S. Army claims committed suicide despite evidence to the contrary. Her full story is below:

Rastafarai

Remember LaVena Johnson, the 19 year old private first class found brutally murdered in her barracks in Iraq in 2005. To this day, the Army claims suicide despite her eye socket, nose and teeth being dislocated. They also glued gloves to her hands so as to prevent DNA from being gathered from her fingernails. Her vagina, anus and tongue were also cut out and burned. Her family fought for answers and never got them. Word on the ground was that the perp was a 4-star general in the U.S. Army, who was subsequently dismissed that same year. He now serves as an executive at Raytheon in Alabama.

qbDsPYkpJIvcQHf-1600x900-noPad.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Lylddlebit

@Rastafarai

The documentary "The Silent Truth" is about what happened to LaVena. It is free to watch on Vudu right now. I HATE stories like this but it's important to be aware of the evils in the world that we need to be protected from.

ETA: It does show the trend of crimes against women that are labeled suicide in the military but it is centered around LaVena's story.

Last edited:

Rastafarai

@Rastafarai

The documentary "The Silent Truth" is about what happened to LaVena. It is free to watch on Vudu right now. I HATE stories like this but it's important to be aware of the evils in the world that we need to be protected from.

ETA: It does show the trend of crimes against women that are labeled suicide in the military but it is centered around LaVena's story.

I watched it and literally couldn't sleep that night. Just so crazy to me that murderers continue to be protected by this government. Continued proof that Black lives, and particularly the lives and protection of Black women do not matter in this country.