Denman brush for Natural hair or Relaxed hair?

Saida

Im about 13 weeks post I beleive, and I have lots of new growth, I heard so many good things about the Denman brush so I went a head and got one today :) I was so exited to use it, I had looked at videos on youtube with people using it, but Only naturals, so I didnt know how it would work on my hair.

It went through my newgrowth like nothing, it was actually my relaxed hair that was a little tough:ohwell: I was about to detangle anyway so it was a good time to try it out, I really think it would be much much better if I had 100% natural hair, even though its a keeper for now..

If any relaxed heads are using the Denman please let me know how it works for you.. maybe its just the two textures that are giving me some problems, I still think that its a brush better used on Natural hair though :yep:

mamauv2

Hi Saida! When I was relaxed, I used a denman style brush on my hair. It was really good for wrapping and taking my wrap down. I have maybe an inch of natural hair right now so I haven't seen any benefits from it personally yet being natural. Sorry I'm not more help, just hate when no one replies. hth a little bit.

Saida

Yeah I know, 134 replies but no reply lol,

I dont know maybe its because it's easy to comb through relaxed hair, but what I really mean is that, as relaxed I could use any comb so it wasnt like denman was special. but on my natural hair I cant use all combs.

Thank you for replying :)

Arcadian

I use a denman and I'm also relaxed. After 10 weeks, yeah you have to be careful how you detangle. I use a wide tooth comb first to get the bigger tangles out then use the denman. I don't comb everyday though, lately it equates to 1-2 times a week when I want to deal with it.

-A

lollyoo

hi saida,
I am natural and love my denman. having judt big chop in june. I think i prefer it on natural hair than when i dealing with the 2 textures.

Rei

I also use a denman and I am transitioning, about a year in. It is harder to go through the relaxed hair, and it also pulls it out easier than the natural hair so be very careful when using it. Unfortunately I try not to use it THAT much because it makes my hair shrink up something awful :wallbash:

N

NaturalBeauty87

I'm transitioning also, and I only use it every once in a while because I feel like it rips out my texlaxed ends. Hopefully I'll love it when I'm fully natural!

PreciousPearl

I have relaxed hair. I bought a Denman D3 and I don't really like it for my hair. But, it works great on my DD natural hair. Can someone suggest a Denman that works better for relaxed hair?

Saida

Im glad I wasnt the only one experiencing this :)

I cant wait to be fully natural either, :)

Arcadian, yes I use my jilbere comb first, then I use my denman and that seems to be helping a bit, but it still dosent like my relaxed/texlaxed hair so much :ohwell:

Cheleigh

I used the D4 on my transitioning hair for nearly a year, and it was fine. Patience was the word of the day, just like it is whenever you use a Denman (on either natural or transitioning hair). A comb alone was sufficicent for my relaxed hair though, because I didn't need to capture curled up tangled hair.