Denman Brush vs Tangle Teezer

krissyhair

I'd like to say Denman brush, but that's just what I'm familiar with. Really though my fingers work the best and the Denman is for curl definition.

HanaKuroi

They are both bad. Both of them. Lhcf went through the tangle teaser phase 3 years ago I believe. It was after the denman was declared extremely damaging (even with conditioner) and we started buying the TT. Then that proved bad with use. I think that was when a bunch of us decided never to use a brush again.

Soon after I bought my seamless mason pearson combs and then I moved onto finger detangling. I wear styles that do not allow my hair to get tangled. No wash n gos. I wash/condition in sections.

It took me 2 years to grow out the damage which caused my ponytail to be thinner. My hair was uneven all over. First the Denman damage and then the TT damage. I kept convincing myself it was shed hair because the strands were so long. It wasn't.

Please look at the old posts.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Pompous Blue

^^^Say it! Preach!^^^

I sat on the sideline for those bandwagons and was glad I did.

I'm a finger detangler, too.....What a waste of the money I spent on those seamless combs.

melisandre

For my hair either brush would lead to a set back. :nono: If I had to say which is better, I would say with the denman -- at least, it can be modified so that there aren't as many rows.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

Platinum

I tried the Tangle Teezer a few years ago and it was great for detangling my uber-thick, 4b/c hair in less time than other products I've tried. However, over time, I realized that I had major split ends.:sad: I guess those tiny little plastic teeth wreaked havoc on my coily, kinky hair. I haven't had any problems with a modified Denman though.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
They are both bad. Both of them. Lhcf went through the tangle teaser phase 3 years ago I believe. It was after the denman was declared extremely damaging (even with conditioner) and we started buying the TT. Then that proved bad with use. I think that was when a bunch of us decided never to use a brush again.

Soon after I bought my seamless mason pearson combs and then I moved onto finger detangling. I wear styles that do not allow my hair to get tangled. No wash n gos. I wash/condition in sections.

It took me 2 years to grow out the damage which caused my ponytail to be thinner. My hair was uneven all over. First the Denman damage and then the TT damage. I kept convincing myself it was shed hair because the strands were so long. It wasn't.

Please look at the old posts.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Right! The Denman was taking out a ton of long strands. I was like, "God, this thing detangles like a dream!" I stopped after I used it about 3 times. I didn't trust that much hair coming out of my head. I already have medium-lowish density. I didn't need to be bald. :nono:

Smiley79

I much prefer a shower comb...the denman brush felt like it was snatching my strands. I have given it several tries and I just don't care for it on my hair.

nerdography

Denman ripped my natural hair out, it only worked on my hair when it's bonelaxed. The tangle teezer worked well on my hair, I didn't notice any split ends. But, I stopped using it because it was hard to hold with my hands covered in conditioner.

Now I use a cheap $2 shower comb for Sally's and the Ouidad double detangler.

HanaKuroi

Platinum

This woman (see video below) quickly detangled her entire head with the Tangle Teezer. It was this video that led me to purchase the Tangle Teezer. Now, I'm starting to regret having bought it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PkFPVhnU54

Just stop using it. Get some Millcreek Botanicals Keratin follow up with a heavy DC. Be on your hair game for the next few months.

How long were you using it?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

girlonfire

idk. i've invested in seamless combs and they're great but using the tangle teezer after just takes what i've done step further.

Lately I've been leaving my hair in french braids or dutch braids for 1-2 weeks at a time, not really for protective styling purposes but just so I don't have to deal with it and I don't have a dryer right now. I should by thursday. anyway, obviously because I had not combed my hair it 1-2 weeks (i really can't remember) there would be a lot of hair. After using the tangle teezer and examining the hairs, yes they were long and they had bulbs. so here is my question. Does a white bulb NOT signify shedding? I thought that if the bulb was dark (or the color of you hair) it meant that the hair had been pulled out while it was still growing.

I have a real denman (divorced) and a fake denman (willing to reconcile for straightening purposes only). I will never again use either on wet hair again.

Petite One

I use a paddle brush. You know the ones used for the Brazilian, Mongolian, whatever-else-type weave hair? Works just fine. For my hair at least...