Detangling Brush For Relaxed Hair?

serendipity

Merry Christmas everyone.

My hair is around mid-back length but I keep getting set-backs due to tangling and matting.

I take down my weaves and think my hair's fully detangled after combing but when I relax and then condition - it's tangling and matting galore.

I think with being mbl and having quite thick hair, a comb just isn't cutting anymore.

can anyone recommend a brush that will help remove all the shed hair that causes my hair to matte and tangle.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Have you considered a Tek/Widu brush? Also, have you considered a Magic Star Rake?

Good luck! I hate tangles.

Hopefully, somebody that's relaxed will come along and help.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I have super tangly hair and had a number of setbacks from tangles. So trust, I have tried a number of tools and techniques.

For me, the Denman rips out my hair (even when modified) and the tangle teaser caused mid shaft splits.

I like the Widu that @MileHighDiva mentioned - I use the Widu on my new growth, a knockoff Felicia Leatherwood on my line of demarcation and Magic Star Rake on the entire length. I also use the Ouidad Double Row Detangler on my length. The Magic Star Rake is great for combing but doesn't really remove sheds. The Ouidad gets deep into the inner layers and remove sheds. For me, it's not one tool that's magical but a couple of tools that makes the magic happen.

Edited to add: I'm 18 months post. When I was fully relaxed, I could get by with the Ouidad Double Row Detangler and Magic Star Rake only.

snookes

Merry Christmas everyone.

My hair is around mid-back length but I keep getting set-backs due to tangling and matting.

I take down my weaves and think my hair's fully detangled after combing but when I relax and then condition - it's tangling and matting galore.

I think with being mbl and having quite thick hair, a comb just isn't cutting anymore.

can anyone recommend a brush that will help remove all the shed hair that causes my hair to matte and tangle.
Paddle brush detangle amazingly fast like in a minute and am natural with tangles and shrinkage galore.