Detangling Game Changer

awhyley

What did she wash her brush with and after washing? Was that I nail brush? Did she spray her brush with sanitizer when she was done?

vevster

What did she wash her brush with and after washing? Was that I nail brush? Did she spray her brush with sanitizer when she was done?
She has another video where she goes thru these steps. I’ll wash my tools once a month. Not every time. It’s just me using them.

Last edited:

awhyley

She has another video where she goes thru these steps. I’ll wash my tools once a month. Not every time. It’s just me using them.

Ok, I'll take a look. Her curls are epic, but I'm not convinced about this detangling in under 20 minutes business. I have a tangle teaser comb that I use, but I think that I'm going to use a brush and see if this makes sense.

GettingKinky

I’ve been using the felicia leatherwood brush and I can detangle my APL+ length hair in less than 10 minutes ( I use waaay more conditioner than she did)

Now I’m curious about this curly hair tangle teaser. I wonder if it would de a better job of smoothing my hair.

HealthyHair2020

I'm intrigued about this too but idk if it would rip my hair out like the Denman did for others months after.

Plus I just brought another detangling comb so that and Felicia Leatherwood are doing the job for me right now.

I'll continue to read and watch though. :grin:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
This brush smoothed every curl off my head. It wasnt a harsh feel or rough experience. I made sure I had conditioner and went section by section.

For wash and gos, its a no.

For stretching my hair for braids or twists, yes.

I can see me using this in the fall and winter weather for smooth strands.

ckisland

I bought a knock-off version of the tangle teezer with a handle, and I could not get that bad boy through my hair at all. 'Twas a no for me :nono::nono::nono:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
My wash and go came out fantastic. For me it removes the shed hair and gives me ringlets! #Love

With my fingers, I wasn't getting the definition and shed hair could be an issue.
Agreed! So glad you love it too. Thank you for replying back.

divachyk

I’ve been using the felicia leatherwood brush and I can detangle my APL+ length hair in less than 10 minutes ( I use waaay more conditioner than she did)

Now I’m curious about this curly hair tangle teaser. I wonder if it would de a better job of smoothing my hair.
I like it better than Felicia.

divachyk

I feel like I’m confused.
What’s the difference between the curly detangler and all the other tangle teezers? Can anyone who owns it tell me the difference?

I saw a lot of reviews about tangle teezer messing peoples hair up… is this suppose to eliminate the problem?
I used both and feel the original has sharper teeth/tines than the curly version. The curly brush is just made differently altogther. I use mine with a picking motion from ends to roots. Then I smooth the hair down from roots to ends after all tangles are out.

leona2025

I'm a brushaholic. I have purchased every brush that was ever popular including that 35$ Denman detangling brush. I have the tangle teezer brush with the handle. I don't know if my hair is just unruly but none of these brushes are great to me. They all get stuck in my hair or I have to do tiny sections.

I always go back to my cheap goody detangling brush.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I have never enjoyed a detangling tool. I have tried the denman, original tangle teezer, Felicia Leatherwood, equine detangler, you name it! So why did I order one of these brushes...just to see...:drunk:
Hahaha I saw a lot of women say the original Tangle Teezer messed up their hair years ago. Just got this detangling brush in the mail the other day. I don't see any seams on the brush teeth.
Tried it on a small section and there wasn't any pulling which is great because that usually happens at the demarcation line between my natural hair and the relaxed ends that I'm growing out.
My hair has been in twists for a few days so it's not really tangled with much shed hair just yet. Will retry it again after a wash.