Detangling

SoSweet08

I know it sounds silly, but one of my main problems in my haircare journey is detangling my hair. I am not talking about freshly relaxed hair or anything. I have problems with this when I start to stretch my relaxer. One thing I learned is that its best to detangle the hair before actually washing it and I usually do that by fingercombing.

I don't know if its just because it's more time consuming or what but I don't detangle well during this time. I'm 4a and/or 4b I believe and my hair can get dry and brittle if I don't keep a routine up.

I guess I need to see a video or something to throughly understand this. Do I seperate it in sections with a clip and start gentely combing from the bottom all the way up to the new growth until I can smoothly comb thru? It never seems that easy for me if so. Does anyone know of any youtube videos that shows anyone doing this?

How long does it normally take you to detangle your hair? I heard the deman was good for this. Can people with relaxed hair use this? And what if I want to cowash my hair everyday to every other day, do I have to fully detangle it or can I just fully detangle it once a week?

I'm probably four months post by now...