Detangling

JC-Junkie

Hello :grin:
I normally take about 20 minutes to detangle my hair, and then I wash out my hair whilst I'm having a shower and put my DC in afterwards, then leave the DC overnight. But now a change in schedule means I won't be able to leave the DC overnight and will have to wash it out on the same day. I want to avoid jumping in and out of the shower, so I would like to know if it is okay to detangle with my detangling mix and then put my DC on top ? That way I only get in the shower once (I shower whilst I wash my hair out :yep:) My only worry is that the DC won't penetrate as much, but it will save time and I won't have to go in the shower twice :yep: I have a steamer though so that would greatly help for penetration :grin:
Could you ladies suggest some tips ?

TIA and HHG !

mshoneyfly

What do you detangle with?? That sounds like it could work fine...would save a lot of time. You would prob need to use less DC, which is a good thing too.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@JC-Junkie, many conditioners will work fine with dry deep conditioning. Many of us do it often. Aubrey Organics recommends using it on dry hair for deep conditioning benefits. Your detangling mix may / may not impact the conditioning effort. You should give it a try and then assess. My hair is -cone phobic but I'm able to detangle with Mane and Tail (has -cones) and apply my DCner on top on dry hair without issues. The conditioner penetrates just fine although I've used -cones to detangle. HTH.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
As long as you don't have any bad ingredients in your detangling mix it should be fine. I wouldn't use anything that has a non water soluable cone in it.

When I detangle first and I know I'm detangling with something bad I'll detangle then get in the shower and shampoo it out with a sulfate, deep condition then rinse it out in the sink so I don't have to get back in the shower.

JC-Junkie

Thank you mshoneyfly, divachyk and Pokahontas !

Normally I would detangle with Tresseme Naturals but I'm gonna change it a bit and mix my Tresseme with some water, silk amino acids and some aloe Vera juice. And maybe some marshmallow root for slip, if I can find some around :yep:
After that I'll apply my deep condish on top. I think that will work well right ?

mshoneyfly

JC-Junkie

:yep: That sounds good. The Tresemme Naturals gives me ultimate moisture and slip on its own but thats a good idea to add SAA for some strength and added moisture. And like someone else said, you wont have to worry about cones. I could see adding my DC right on top of this mix; even if it had some other protein...My hair likes protein. Im pretty sure I have put DC on top of rinse out before. Just depends on what I think my hair needs that week.

TonicaG

TonicaG
Try Mizani's D'Tangle, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff. I'm about a 1/2 inch from waist length and I don't have the patience to fool with it and whenever I use this stuff it really cuts my setting time in half!!!