DH is under the hair steamer right now!!!

naturalmanenyc

DH is under the hair steamer right now!!! UPDATE

He called to brag about it too! It's from a company called Ozone.

DH says it's like being in a steam room & it's not hot at all. When he saw their new steamer in use at the shop a couple of weeks ago, he said it just looked hot and uncomfortable.

His scalp has been dry (flaking) so he went to have his locks wash/twisted and ended up under the steamer to help stop the dryness.

ETA: DH says the conditioner just melted into his scalp. And she did not even charge him for the steam treatment. He paid $55 (normally pays $60 at the shop & $30 when she does it at her house).

ETA: photos - http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/2/regs-hair/after-his-first-ste/

DH said that the conditioner was NOT rinsed out. She just twisted his locks. The conditioner basically evaporated/melted into his scalp and there was no trace of it after 45 minutes under the steamer.

When I did my homemade steam treatment, I rinsed it out (with COLD water). I guess that was wrong?

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

No, we don't have a steamer. I've never used one but I did the homemade version last week. DH knew exactly what I was doing (which shocked me) and he then told me that they recently got a hair steamer at his salon. At the time, he thought it looked really hot & uncomfortable but he seems to be enjoying it now that he is the one under the steamer.

naturalmanenyc

The funny thing is he does NOTHING special to his hair.

He usually gets it washed/twisted every 4 - 6 weeks but he is back at the shop now after only 2 weeks. He has a problem with dry scalp so his hair can get flakes if the right products are not used. At his last wash, his stylist had left at home some moisturizer that she usually puts on his scalp. He is to find out today what she has been using.

I know that she uses Sebastian molding mud to twist his hair but as for the poo/condish, he has tried many things. Giovanni 50:50 didn't do anything for him and he tried HE Hello Hydration and a few other products from my stash. He has been using jojoba oil for the last week but still had a dry scalp.

Evolving78

maybe you guys could get one for Valentine's Day!
maybe he could use a braid spray that has no cones or mineral oil in it. i use Africa's Best and it really soften and helps with moisture. it just sounds like he needs a moisturizing hair spritz or something that he could spray daily or whenever needed.

anon123

I knew who it was! I was looking at the title "DH is under hair steamer" and I was like "I bet that's Reg's Wife's DH" and sure enough! You might as well just accept it, he is going to use all your hair stuff.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Face it, your hubby is secretly lurking here.:wink2: The fact he called U to brag about it...he has become your hair rival!:lachen: This is so hilarious! Thanks for making my day!:grin:

Tamrin

unapologetic
The dry and flaky scalp issue can be remedied easily. Whip some shea butter add a little glycerine and some MN ( he don't have to know) Whip it realy well and use it daily. I make that for SO and his dry scalp and flakes are gone. It worked so well he had me make a batch for his co worker who had dry flaky scalp. He said the guy was amazed and now I make for both of them.

Mizani_Mrs

Reg's wife, yall are soooo cute! I love hearing yalls stories. and hubbys hair is gorgeous. In my mind I imagine that yall are a little competitive/secretive when it comes to hair. LOL. Like you and he have secrets and secret products that yall don't share with eachother. LOL. too funny.

oh, tell hubby to try ACV. this helps me keep a clear scalp. Mix 1/4 cup ACV with 3/4cup water, and pour over the scalp/hair right after washing, let sit for 2-5mins, rinse well, then condition.

naturalmanenyc

Thank you so much ladies. I will share all of these tips with DH.

I have come to terms with it. Unless he cuts his locks off, which he won't, I will just have to deal with him using my hair products.

sqzbly1908

Girl that is too funny!!! You need to go ahead and let him post a pic pulling down a strand of hair to show us his length...:lachen::lachen:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Maybe it depends on what she used, plus since his hair is locked I'm sure the locks sucked up the moisture like braids do unlike individual strands of hair what ever isn't obsorbed will just be there. I dunno hard to explain.
I always thought the conditioner was to be rinsed out after a steam treatment?