Diane Wire Mesh Rollers....Bad Review? (help pls)

simplyhair

I finally made up my mind to try the Diane wire mesh rollers and was trying to find a reasonable price online along with shipping. Well, I stumbled across a site with a bad review.

These rollers look nice in the picture. Unfortunately the plastic mesh exterior is not permanently fastened to the roller causing it to slide off and making the roller unusable after even a single use. Also, little pieces from the loose ends of the plastic get in the hair and have to be combed out. Not recommended. If you are interested in finding a good roller, don’t go with these because they are not mindfully constructed http://chris5518534.starblog.com/2010/06/18/why-pay-diane-mesh-hair-rollers-white-size-2-diameter-x-2-34-long-only-3-99-at-amazon/.

So, for any that has used this brand, did this person hit it on the nail with the quality of this brand? Does the mesh actually come off of the wire? Do little bits of the plastic chip away?

I already tried the Sally brand and I didn't like how the ends of the plastic mesh would catch on my hair as I was taking the roller out. I assume the Annie brand is similar to the Sally brand just by the way the plastic mesh looks.

TIA