Did anyone here actually join this forum

adrienne0914

when i joined my first hair board in june 2000, my hair at its longest point was about 5" and 3" at its shortest. it was pretty healthy and thick. it just wouldn't grow (i thought). i can remember it like it was yesterday. i remember thinking "man, if i could just get to bra strap. couldn't nobody tell me nuthin!" :lol: well, once i left it alone and laid off the heat, that's when it started getting longer. it has far exceeded my expectations.

for those just starting out, there are countless examples here of people who never had long hair that now do. like anky said, there are no secrets. it's just about careful, consistent care. patience is the hardest part of the journey, but it's really worth it! :yep:

Mariaat40

I don't have any before pics but when I joined the hair boards my hair was mid neck length, damaged, and in layers from breakage. I just didn't know how to take care of my own hair and when I became a stay at home mom and could no longer afford to go to the salon every two weeks my hair took a beating. Now my hair is not only longer than it's ever been - it's healthier. People, even stylists, comment about how healthy my hair is.

chellee

*Dreaming of the day I will join those long-haired ladies*

I have short hair. We will grow together.

Lorraine

What a great thread. :up:

I started with dry and broken ends a little past my shoulder. Now my hair is healthy and reaches my brastrap. I reached my goal last month but trimmed those dry ends off. Here is my comparison shot between April 2004 and January 2005.

MissDiva

Lorraine said:
What a great thread. :up:

I started with dry and broken ends a little past my shoulder. Now my hair is healthy and reaches my brastrap. I reached my goal last month but trimmed those dry ends off. Here is my comparison shot between April 2004 and January 2005.

Great progress, your hair looks wonderful!!!!!

cafe au lait

IntelligenceisBeautiful said:
Hey jaded, chelle, and cafe maybe we could make a grow together club (?)...on the real though we will get there

We will get there, sweetheart! Someday.
Wow!! looking at all the progress pictures of all the long-hair ladies. I am just speechless. I am one of those people that never thought black women could grow long healthy hair. not unless you are of mixed heritage. HOW wrong I have been all these years. Anyway now I know. I am going to do everything I possibly can to aid my hair on it's journey. Hope you do the same. Maybe one day there will be an evolution and we won't have to work too terribly hard to achieve healthy long hair. AMEN TO THAT

Ayeshia

Kinda late but I big chopped about a month after joining this forum to about a half inch of hair. I don't know what my current length is but my hair is pretty healthy from not using heat appliances and keeping my hair moisturized.

landakaye

I have been growing out a really short hair cut(was very pixie-ish) that I got months ago but I didnt pay attention to the care of my hair til I got here. It is doing much better now but not as good as it could be. Im a heat addict. LOL

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I did. But the funny thing was that my hair was somewhat long but damaged. After a couple of setbacks, I'm back on track. Progress is slow than a mother...*sigh*

Shalilac

Wildflower said:
I started with a neck length layered cut (layered because my ends kept breaking so I had to cut them to try to keep the damage at bay). I then decided I wanted my hair all one length, so since I became a member, I've been putting in practice all the things I've been learning here and now my hair is one length at the shoulders. I'm now trying to grow it to my bra-strap. I'll be settling then and just maintaining it healthy.

This was how my hair journey started:

This is where I'm now:

There isn't that much length difference because I was trimming out my layers, but it's definetly healthier!!:grin:
You are so pretty!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I joined April 2004, and I started out with chin length/neck length hair. Now my hair (the longest part) is about 3-4 inches passed my shoulders. I have shorter layers around my face and I have bangs. I would consider my hair was unhealthy because my mom used to relax my entire hair shaft and during 2004, I was reaping the damage. Also from permanent coloring my hair twice! :eek: Now, I've been transitioning to natural w/o the big chop for 6.5 months, and can't wait to have a full head of natural curly hair!!! :yay:

My secret weapons: using less heat, protective styling, knowing that water isn't bad for your hair, leaving your hair alone, and Super B-Complex! :grin:

Belle Du Jour

Great thread! I wondered this myself, and it's good to see the progress that comes with great hair care. Now, if my hair would only get it together. . .

karezone

feeling kind of like a slacker right now. My hair is not much longer than it was when I started. I have had at least 2-3 set backs that have resulted in major (right below my ear) hair cuts. I also have an aversion to protective styles. I will make it one day.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I did a b/c in 1/8/05 and had 2" of hair on my head. I found out about the stinky challenge which caused my hair to grow lto 9.5" by the end of march. My stylist cut 2.5", but I know I can regrow my hair thanx to the tips from the LHCF. Thanx again! :lol: