Did my relaxer not take?

Cayenne0622

When I initially relaxed, my hair felt almost bone straight...very smooth. I am now about 3 weeks post and my new growth is so thick that it feels like I never relaxed it. I've been taking my vitamins regularly and drinking carrot juice w/flaxseed oil. Is it possible that my hair has grown this much or did my relaxer not take? I relax at 8 weeks so I'm concerned with my hair's manageability 5 weeks from now.

I would say its new growth especially if it was bone straight right after relaxing.

Wow! I'm relieved to hear that but also nervous about the upcoming weeks. Goodness! I hope I can maintain until 8 weeks post without drastic breakage and shedding. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

If you hair was BONE STRAIGHT as you say it was.... than theres no way that it didn't take.... its probably new growth.

I start seeing my new growth at about 3 weeks too... And if its thick thats good!

You might want to try a lime juice and coconut milk concoction to keep the new growth soft in the interim so that you snatching it out.

I bone straight my hair ,and feel some newgrowth after 3 weeks the waves start to appear i can feel them so good .I relaxed AUGUST 1st
I got newgrowth like i underpreogressed todays date 19th.

Whoo hoo!!! Thanks ladies! The new growth is really thick so I know my hair is making a turn for the better!! My goodness...there has to be about 1/2 inch or more in there! Can't for September. Maybe, I'll have some good progress pics for ya'll despite my struggle over the last year.

Back