Did stretching make you have thin ends?

SleepyJean

Just curious. I'm getting a relaxer tomorow after a five month stretch, and I am so anxious.:pullhair: My NG is soo thick. I have about 1.25 - 1.5 all over, and my hair won't even lay flat on my head, so taking a pic and showing y'all is out of the question. I'm somewhat frustrated. I'm really beginning to remember why I got relaxer in the first place. But ne ways, I'm extra worried that my ends might be thin, which if they are I may just give up on my long hair dreams. I've had WAY too many setbacks, and at this rate, it will take at least five years to get to SL with protective styles. I'm including the average number of setbacks per year in my calculation. :sad: Sometimes I think, some people just aren't meant to have SL hair. I am sad and worried. Do y'all think my ends just look thin because of NG? I

Last edited:
Don't get discouraged, they just look like that because of all the new growth. When you get a relaxer you will see. All the thick roots are just making your ends look thin

InJesusName

I agree with the other poster...your ends probably look thinner because your roots are so thick. Don't panic. I think you will be pleasantly surprised once you get a touch up!

thiccknlong

YES! If you dont do it right.

The key: Stretch enough to thicken but without damage.

To do so, you must find the products, hair handling, and regimen for YOUR hair that allows you to do so but minimize or have NO breaking.

I have :grin::grin::grin: