Didn't know Taraji P. Henson was natural

No worries, if it does not address your reasoning behind your comments. I'm just hoping some newbies/readers will get a better understanding and not shy away from asking questions that may seem obvious to "old pro's".

I myself along with some others do believe that regular heat usage to straighten CAN mean hair that is... not damaged... but "heat" damaged (or as some say "heat trained") if it no longer reverts back to it's natural curly state. Not necessarily that it IS automatically damaged if heat is used regularly.

I hope she inspired that host to take that thing off her head!
Fa real!!!!

Heat trained and heat damage are basically the same thing. Trained just sounds nicer and Damaged sounds evil. It's basically two sides of the same coin.

I could not get past the hosts wiggy wig.

wasn't it horrific! it looked like a bronzed mop on her head.:nono:

HijabiFlygirl you are so right. a natural head can use heat on the regular and not sustain heat damage. pinkskates long, natural hair is a prime example of this.

wait - im distracted.....why would you interview someone and talk about hair while wearing that shiny wig :ohwell:

i feel like sending her a link to our LHCF wig threads :look:

wait - im distracted.....why would you interview someone and talk about hair while wearing that shiny wig :ohwell:

i feel like sending her a link to our LHCF wig threads :look:

PLEASE don't do it!!! :lachen: I promise I'll tell her when I talk to her. I don't know why the people around her haven't told her the truth.

Fa real!!!!

Heat trained and heat damage are basically the same thing. Trained just sounds nicer and Damaged sounds evil. It's basically two sides of the same coin.

I always thought heat trained meant your hair didn't revert back as quickly, so presses last longer, but damage meant it never reverted back. :ohwell:

I always thought heat trained meant your hair didn't revert back as quickly, so presses last longer, but damage meant it never reverted back. :ohwell:

You know, I'm sorry if I personally have confused anyone but your explanation is the best I've heard yet.... even over mine. I was calling both terms the same thing basically, but this is exactly how I would differentiate the two.

Thanks for sharing- her hair is beautiful..

A lot of people have heat trained hair. My mom is one person she is a 3C and she presses on the regular however when she washes her hair goes back to her regular curl patern. Her strands are thick as well. My grandmother's hair is heat trained as well. I know Pinkskate a member, is pressed her hair is healthy and heat trained.

Taraji's hair is beautiful even more than some people trying to determine her hair is damaged and think their hair is healthy. I wish my New Growth about 3.5 inches of it look as healthy as her hair.

My 2 cents.... heat damage and heat trained are NOT the same thing. I use heat once a week and my hair now straightens easily and quickly. I just posted a new thread with my wash and go and every strand curls, so no damage. I takes a long DC to revert or several washes but it will and its still soft.

Y'all are killing me with the comments about Valonda Calloway's wig. We love her here in NC! ol

I've watched her for years & she's really pretty. Here's a video without the helmet. Sort of takes you through some of her hairstyles worn throughout the years.

http://www.wral.com/wral-tv/video/5446324/

Last edited:
Y'all are killing me with the comments about Valonda Calloway's wig. We love her here in NC! ol

I've watched her for years & she's really pretty. Here's a video without the helmet. Sort of takes you through some of her hairstyles worn throughout the years.

http://www.wral.com/wral-tv/video/5446324/

Thank you girl. They are beating up on my college roomie. We cheered together in college and pledged together. I don't know why Valonda let them put her in wigs like that. She has much better style. I do know she told me she was transitioning too. She's around 14 months I think but her natural styles look good on her. TV probably wasn't feeling it and asked her to do something... I dunno!

Back