Diet affects hair growth??

myronnie

So I have been eating well (a lot of greens, carrots, etc.) for about a month now because I have been trying to correct my skin which was damaged by a very bad diet consisting of no salads (I hadn't eaten a salad for a month!! No vegetables whatsoever!), minimal fruits (I think i had oranges and mangoes..that's all...) and fast foods (mcdonalds, papa johns..god). Try being a teenager and telling yourself you've gotta eat good :ohwell:
Anywho..since eating well I've seen an increase in my hair growth!! It is now week 5 and whereas I was surprised to see very little growth at week 5 when i was eating badly, now i have an apparent 1/2inch or more!!!! :drunk:
I am really happy about this..but my ng has been causing me problems with detangling and the likewise....
But this has got me thinking: does diet affect hair growth? I have to say yes from the results that I've been getting on my healthy diet! Now i don't only eat greens but i make sure that I take my vitamins and eat my daily servings of veggies and fruits..:mmmchocolate:

What have you guys experienced when changing your diet? Does it alter the rate of your hair growth? And what diet do you think would cause maximum hair growth and healthiness?

gymfreak336

My experience is similar to yours. The first place I see the effects of my eating habits is my hair, well after my *** :lol: But seriously though, when I am doing the right thing with salads, fruits inbetween class, nuts and plently of water, my hair grows faster.

myronnie

My experience is similar to yours. The first place I see the effects of my eating habits is my hair, well after my *** :lol: But seriously though, when I am doing the right thing with salads, fruits inbetween class, nuts and plently of water, my hair grows faster.

Yea see i have a reallly fast metabolism so nothing i eat really makes a change in my overall body structure so it's kinda hard to see if my diet is affecting my body or not.
But now i see the importance of having a good diet. Your hair, complexion, and health will thank you!

gymfreak336

Yea see i have a reallly fast metabolism so nothing i eat really makes a change in my overall body structure so it's kinda hard to see if my diet is affecting my body or not.
But now i see the importance of having a good diet. Your hair, complexion, and health will thank you!

Okay, I am offically giving you the evil green eyes of envy for your metabolism :lol:

Platinum

I don't know about my hair yet. But, physically, I feel much better since I cut back on sweets and started eating more fruits and veggies. I'm trying to cut back on fast food, I bought a crock pot so I can start cooking in my truck.:grin: Lately, fast food has been making me feel sluggish, not to mention "backed up" (I know, TMI). I love water so I have no problem drinking it. I have a high metabolism as well.

locabouthair

I am almost convinced my poor diet is the reason my hair grows so slow. A balanced diet with fruits, veggies, and good protein is the best for healthy, growing hair.

I'm in the same boat as you, OP. My skin has been breaking out because of too much junk food and I need to put a stop to it.

Congrats on the growth!

locabouthair

I don't know about my hair yet. But, physically, I feel much better since I cut back on sweets and started eating more fruits and veggies. I'm trying to cut back on fast food, I bought a crock pot so I can start cooking in my truck.:grin: Lately, fast food has been making me feel sluggish, not to mention "backed up" (I know, TMI). I love water so I have no problem drinking it. I have a high metabolism as well.

It makes me feel very sluggish as well.

Divine Inspiration

When I cleaned up my diet, my hair started growing faster, healthier, and softer. My skin began to glow and clear up, my eyes got crystal clear, and I had tons of energy. My nails also got stronger and longer.

A healthy diet and plenty of water and antioxidants are essential to a great beuty regimen. No product, potion, or lotion is a substitute for a healthy body.

morehairplease

When I cleaned up my diet, my hair started growing faster, healthier, and softer. My skin began to glow and clear up, my eyes got crystal clear, and I had tons of energy. My nails also got stronger and longer.

A healthy diet and plenty of water and antioxidants are essential to a great beuty regimen. No product, potion, or lotion is a substitute for a healthy body.

hey sweetie,

are you still relaxed? if so, what relaxer are you using?

tia,
tishee

Whimsy

I'm usually quite the health nut, but recently have been eating like a pig. I've started drinking more water again, but will clean my diet up completely after my vacation in a couple weeks.
I hope to see a nice change in my skin and hairgrowth afterwards.

KrimsonKween

My diet is okay not good but surley not bad. I try to blance fruit and veggies out. I was reading post awhile back and I can not remeber the members name but she talked about cephell (spelled wrong I know) and how it helped her. Bx I don't do alot of vieggies I use kyo-green to help me balance lack of veggie and I also do soy protein shakes nightly.

I feel better when I eat right and exercise. (lazy with the exercise):wallbash: