Difference between a relaxer and texturizer

sweetdaises2000

I was just wondering because recently my mother has started applying Motions short hair texturizer to both of my little sisters' hair. Now let me tell u that without it they have the most beautiful afros.Reminds me of my pre perm days....but neways the texturizer works well but it looks as if they have just gotten a touch up. I mean are the ingredients the same and does the texturizer have the same effect of the relaxer? I noticed that after a while of going without the texturizer, it seems as if their hair returns to its natural kinky texture.Any answers will be appreciated. Thank u!

adrienne0914

i've always thought of a texurizer as a mild relaxer. some people get a regular relaxer but leave it on less time. that's what i have done with the Affirm. it's only left on my hair for a few minutes. so when air dried, my hair is wavy not straight. i think it's less damaging that way. the trick when getting it done in a salon is getting someone to not work it through really straight or leave it on too long...

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
i've always thought of a texurizer as a mild relaxer. some people get a regular relaxer but leave it on less time. that's what i have done with the Affirm. it's only left on my hair for a few minutes. so when air dried, my hair is wavy not straight. i think it's less damaging that way. the trick when getting it done in a salon is getting someone to not work it through really straight or leave it on too long...

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here.