Difference Between Praying From Bible & Reading It?

Chromia

If you read a Bible chapter or verse out loud while you kneel, bow your head, or lift up your hands, is that considered praying or just reading?

For it to be considered praying, do you just add names of specific people or mention your specific situations & concerns?

For example if you were praying Psalm 37 would you start out by saying "Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong" or would you maybe say "I don't fret because of evil people and I don't envy people who do wrong", and then name specific people who are on your mind?

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I have heard that "high praise" is saying or singing His words back to Him. What you are talking about is paraphrasing, which many people in Scripture did. For me, unless I am praying for, blessing, or forgiving folks, I try to avoid any negativity against anyone, because I would rather not be judged that way. Keep it positive and seek Him on general situations.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
If you read a Bible chapter or verse out loud while you kneel, bow your head, or lift up your hands, is that considered praying or just reading?

For it to be considered praying, do you just add names of specific people or mention your specific situations & concerns?

For example if you were praying Psalm 37 would you start out by saying "Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong" or would you maybe say "I don't fret because of evil people and I don't envy people who do wrong", and then name specific people who are on your mind?
You can never go wrong speaking God's Word in prayer. You are on the right track.

By praying God's Word, you are being obedient to His instruction to Meditate on His Word day and night.

God bless you.