Different Types Of Hair Oils

hope5506

Intensive care:
Intensive care is for those who have hair problems particularly hair fall, thinning of hair, curly, rough and frizzy hair. Coconut oil is insufficient for this purpose. Try olive oil and pure almond oil instead. They are thick viscous liquids and have greater density than coconut oil. Warm olive oil and almond oil when massaged in the hair provide far greater nutrition to the hair roots than ordinary coconut oil. Use them for just a month and you will feel the difference.

Light to Moderate Nourishment:
Coconut oil is best if you have a rather problem free hair and want to maintain the natural shine and growth of the hair. Coconut proteins are not that effective against severe hair damage and problems. One of the greatest benefits of coconut oil is that you can mix herbs with it to make it more effective. You can mix lemon juice to make it anti dandruff hair oil, to resist hair fall mix amla, ritha, or fennel seeds with it. Add Neem oil to it and it will cure any scalp infection and itching.

Tea Tree Oil:
Extensively used in the production of anti dandruff hair oil. The concentrated oil is generally mixed in a far lighter solvent and used. The above mentioned oils are best for the hair. It is always advised to stay away from paraffin oils which are strongly perfumed.

dachsies_rule!

Can you mix tea tree and olive oil in your leave-in conditioner? I think I read that somewhere in Chicoro's book. Has anyone ever tried it?

Natural Glow

I love love coconut oil. I've been wanting to get some amla to put in my coconut oil but I'm so lazy. There are no Indian stores in my area, so I'd have to order online.

Pandora1975

I hear tons about castor oil too- was planning to order some next week. There are a few threads here that have gone into it.

Platinum

I hear tons about castor oil too- was planning to order some next week. There are a few threads here that have gone into it.

Out of every oil I've tried, Castor oil seems to be the most effective on my hair.:yep: It's very thick and heavy but my hair likes it. It even works better than olive oil (for MY hair).

SweetSpirit86

Thank you for this :) I recently switched to olive oil as opposed to the coconut oil I was using. It appears my hair is redonkulously dry lol...the coconut left my hair either dry or crunchy.

SimpleKomplexity

Why hasn't this hope person been banned yet? It's liek a computerized poster who only posts list like these and doesn't ever come back to explain. It's annoying

Aggie

I like olive and almond oila and I keep these in my stash always so that's a good thing for me. I also like coconut oil but I don't use it as often as I do the almond and olive oil. They leave my hair feeling so moisturized and soft.

msa

Why hasn't this hope person been banned yet? It's liek a computerized poster who only posts list like these and doesn't ever come back to explain. It's annoying

Because she/he isn't breaking any rules, technically anyway. I hope that everybody who sees this information does some research to back it up and make sure it's correct.

Intensive care is for those who have hair problems particularly hair fall, thinning of hair, curly, rough and frizzy hair.

Oh and Hope5506, curly hair is not a "problem".