Discontinued Products Hall of Fame

Cherokee-n-Black

I get so nostalgic. It just pains me that I buy all these products searching for "the one, when my old products worked so well. Wondering if anyone else knows/remembers/loved these:

The easy one: Non-organic Creme of Nature--just...WHY?????

Precise Conditioning Shampoo - never used a condish with this, got to waist length back in '97! They brought back the perm recently. Holding a vigil for the resurrection of the shampoo (and writing Soft Sheen Carson)

Infusium Split End Mender - I think Infusium got in trouble for comparing the serum to an actual trim, but, as a preventive tool--unmatched. I was sick when I used my last drop of this. My hair literally would not stop growing (well, maintaining length--it never stops growing).

Sukesha Hair Oil - Now this was some wayyy off-brand beauty salon-only oil. But oh did my hair love it. It was a great pre-swim treatment. Used to get "toe-up" hair from the ocean and chlorine. Put this in, and not a problem ever again (although I now get the same results from Ultra Swim). It was also this super-light non-greasy oil that just made my hair lovely. Sighhh...

Highbeams Shining and Conditioning Gel - There are many copycats (basically ever shining gel ever made after this) but this was the original. Beautiful shine, OK hold, and NO--I repeat-NO dryness. Once everybody and they mama had one, I guess they just got squeezed out of the market. This was hands down the best "slick back" gel ever, and could give you salon results re: shine at home. The duplicators do not compare.

Holla if you remember, or would like to say a few words in remembrance of your own fave brands!

BeautifulFlower

Rest in Peace

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
The old formula:

Best humectant free moisturizer, gone too soon :Rose: I still have 1.5 L in my stash tho, :sekret: but when that's gone...

Cherokee-n-Black

The old formula:

Best humectant free moisturizer, gone too soon :Rose: I still have 1.5 L in my stash tho, :sekret: but when that's gone...

I was considering buying this. What's the sitch? It was better before? The bottles in my area look like this, is this the new formula's bottle or did they do an ingredient switcheroo? Please enlighten.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Rest in peace my beloved, I will remember the smooth, moisturized, detangled and could-get-away-without-conditioner times we had together **Pours Likka**

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I was considering buying this. What's the sitch? It was better before? The bottles in my area look like this, is this the new formula's bottle or did they do an ingredient switcheroo? Please enlighten.

I much preferred the old formula. Plus, I could use it when the air got drier/cooler because there were no humectants. It had really great ingredients. Just looking at it, the new formulation isn't bad really, but the good stuff is watered down thanks to cetareth-20, cetrimonium bromide and propylene glycol. To me, it doesn't have the same moisturizing and detangling ability the old one had.

Old ingredients:

Pure distilled water, wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit bioflavonoids, ancient african herbal formula.

New ingredients:

Water, propylene glycol, cetearth-20,cetrimonium bromide,wheat germ, indian hemp, olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk amino acid, bay laurel, dmdm hydantion, fragrance

Cherokee-n-Black

I much preferred the old formula. Plus, I could use it when the air got drier/cooler because there were no humectants. It had really great ingredients. Just looking at it, the new formulation isn't bad really, but the good stuff is watered down thanks to cetareth-20, cetrimonium bromide and propylene glycol. To me, it doesn't have the same moisturizing and detangling ability the old one had.

Old ingredients:

Pure distilled water, wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit bioflavonoids, ancient african herbal formula.

New ingredients:

Water, propylene glycol, cetearth-20,cetrimonium bromide,wheat germ, indian hemp, olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk amino acid, bay laurel, dmdm hydantion, fragrance

Grrrr! I was looking for a good spray leave-in with natural ingredients. Guess the search continues...double grrr!

Eisani

The old formula:

I found some old bottles at my local bss not too long ago and bought the ones they had even though I never even tried it :lol: (see my location)

In loving memory of:

Suave Milk & Honey conditioner
Qhemet Sidr Tree Butter :lick: :lick:
Clairol Daily Defense Tender Apple conditioner
Aveda Elixir
Hair2Heaven EndAll -- this one was a HG product and smelled delicious
White Rain Tropical Coconut conditioner- original formula (I have this stockpiled)

R4L

Nutrogena Triple Moisture had an oil as a part of their line. It was yummy almond smelling and not too greasy goodness. I still like the rest of the line, but this oil was the perfect finishing touch for my ends and to combat fly aways when my hair was straight. le sigh.

Avaya

When I was relaxed I was in love with Kenra Intensive Emollient. I can't remember if they discontinued it or changed the formula but which ever the case, I was heart broken. That was one of the first salon quality products I ever bought. My hair loved that stuff so much!!!

Curly Luul

The one DC i was so faithful and loyal too

the one who brought each hair on my little head happiness

last year i had to say good bye too U

yes.......... the old Elasta dp dpr-11:nono: :lick::lick:

OOOh why do that to me Elasta qp???

why i still ask.......... :cry2::cry2::crying3:

:lachen:

Attachments

• dp.jpg
    dp.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 54

PJaye

Rest in peace my beloved, I will remember the smooth, moisturized, detangled and could-get-away-without-conditioner times we had together **Pours Likka**

halee_J

OK, stop the presses. This is my staple shampoo. How does the new formula of the shampoo differ from this one? Have you tried it yet? I'm a-scared.

NIN4eva

Aussie Slip Detangler. It was amazing. My Mom, friends and I still talk about this conditioner like it's a dead relative.

Oh and Sizzlean Bacon. Yes it's off topic, but that ish was SO good.

naturalTAN

halee_J

OK, stop the presses. This is my staple shampoo. How does the new formula of the shampoo differ from this one? Have you tried it yet? I'm a-scared.

I never tried the original, but I like the new formula. I could do without the slightly medicated smell, but it is moisturizing.

greenandchic

Back in the '90s, Let's Jam had a product called "Liqua Jam" which was a serum spray which reminds me Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz.

Truth

Suave Milk and Honey

this was my go to co wash conditioner... I literally had a fit when they discontinued it

and of course...CON

I have yet to find another shampoo that I like .... this one set the standard...

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
halee_J

My hair didn't like all of the oils in the new formula, particularly the avocado and coconut oils. They make my hair stiff, not soft. Same goes for the Elasta QP Intense conditioner, coconut oil no me gusta. :nono:

ms.blue

I tried the new formula of elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo and it was just meh. I never tried the old formula but I believe it is all the oils in it also (my hair does not care for coconut oil no matter how much I want my hair to). I did love the old formula of their instense conditioner, that made my hair so soft and if I knew they were going to change the formula, I would've stocked up.

janeemat

Ojon Revitalizing Mist:sad:. The original. And the original Sebastian Pentrait that dryed hard. I loved this stuff. It was the perfect protein treatment.