Discontinued Products Hall of Fame

Honi

There is no board.
RIP Infusium 23 circa 199?. Why did you mess with perfection??? WHYYYY :cry:

Giovanni direct leave in. Just a darn shame mayun! Shame on you!

VinDieselsWifey

Surge 14-gave me awesome growth. i still have one bottle left of my precious that i've been holding on to.

Giovanni Direct Leave In original formula- my staple leave in condish for rollersets when i was relaxed. my hair was soft, moisturized, but light as a feather. if i knew they were gonna change the formula i would have stock piled some up :sad::sad::sad:

Taliah Waajid protective mist bodifier original formula. still have half a bottle of this

Pantene Pro-V Deep Fortifying Treatment-used this back in the 90s before i knew anything about hair care. but my hair would look just like the black model on the commercial

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Dark and Lovely Cholesterol (the yellow one not the white one)

There are still some floating around but its no longer made

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I also really loved Elasta QP's old formulation of their intense conditioner. I saw a big bottle of it yesterday in the BSS, I think I may go scoop it up tomorrow :yep:

Man, I used to be huge EQP fan; the mango butter, creme shampoo, intense conditioner...WHY they had to go switch it up like that? :nono: I wish there was somewhere I could go stock up on all these old formulas. I wish there was a discontinuedproductstash.com....oh wait that already exists... Eisani 's house :lol: Imma start puttin in some orders k? :grin:

Last edited:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Rest in Peace

*pourin' out alittle likka for the CON green labels who ain't here* :cry:

Jetblackhair

Aussie Slip Detangler. It was amazing. My Mom, friends and I still talk about this conditioner like it's a dead relative.

Oh and Sizzlean Bacon. Yes it's off topic, but that ish was SO good.

:lol::lol::lick: I loved this bacon, didn't shrink up like regular bacon...definitely old school!

Honi

There is no board.
DDTA - just cause your sales weren't where you thought they were didn't mean you had to pull the rug out from under us!

LABETT

DDTA - just cause your sales weren't where you thought they were didn't mean you had to pull the rug out from under us!
This was my favorite product that got discontinued next to CON, so sad. :sad:
I have about 10 bottles left.

Honi

There is no board.
This was my favorite product that got discontinued next to CON, so sad. :sad:
I have about 10 bottles left.

:shocked: I hate chu right now! :giggle: That was discontinued years ago. What did you do buy a case? :lachen:

That condish was the biz back then.

n_vizion

*Sigh*
Suave Milk & Honey and Pantene Deep Conditioning Mask. Just thinking about it makes me tear up a little.

MsSanz92

SMH at Alter Ego discontinuing this it was an EXCELLENT moisturizing deep conditioner with no protein; good to use after a protein treatment. I still see some smaller jars and tubes near me but once I buy and use those up there will be no more of this! *heartbroken* Alter Ego needs to come up with a replacement ASAP!

princessdi

Losing these two make me want to cry--:(

Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask Deep Conditioning

and

Dove Advanced Care Sheer Moisture Leave-In Replenishing Mist

LABETT

:shocked: I hate chu right now! :giggle: That was discontinued years ago. What did you do buy a case? :lachen:

That condish was the biz back then.
I sure did I stocked piled 300 bottles. :sekret:
I have found a different version in a pink bottle that contains protein and no slip at all,I tossed the bottle because it was crap. :nono:

Last edited:

TdotGirl

Why did you leave me?

AGREED! Best shampoo i've ever used hands down. I still have a bottle left and I don't want to use it just yet. I get sad every time I look at it. :sad:

And I have a little bit left of my Dove Sheer Moisture leave in mist. I don't want to use that either.

Also, John Frieda's frizz ease relax texture correcting serum. I have a teeny bit left of that. I loved that serum.

Honey Bee

Ojon Revitalizing Mist:sad:. The original. And the original Sebastian Pentrait that dryed hard. I loved this stuff. It was the perfect protein treatment.
janeemat, Nooooooo! When? What happened? I just started using it, dangit. My bf says whenever I like something they discontinue it. :lachen::nono:

darlingdiva

I'll add a soon-to-be-discontinued product: Tigi Bed Head Moisture Maniac Conditioner.

This stuff is amazing. It's a stand-alone product (no mixing required), so it gets my vote for that alone. It really infuses moisture into my hair and it's great at detangling. Plus, it is cone-free. I have two bottles already, but I'm looking for more.

danysedai

SMH at Alter Ego discontinuing this it was an EXCELLENT moisturizing deep conditioner with no protein; good to use after a protein treatment. I still see some smaller jars and tubes near me but once I buy and use those up there will be no more of this! *heartbroken* Alter Ego needs to come up with a replacement ASAP!

I still keep a jar of this for sentimental reasons lol

gcchick_07

I'll add a soon-to-be-discontinued product: Tigi Bed Head Moisture Maniac Conditioner.

This stuff is amazing. It's a stand-alone product (no mixing required), so it gets my vote for that alone. It really infuses moisture into my hair and it's great at detangling. Plus, it is cone-free. I have two bottles already, but I'm looking for more.

WHAT? WHEN? WHY?

details

:nono:

darlingdiva

WHAT? WHEN? WHY?

details

:nono:

I actually just found out about it yesterday. I was on Youtube looking at reviews of the Moisture Maniac condish, when one of the reviewers (her name escapes me) said that it was being discontinued. Then I searched Google and I came across a link that took me to NC.com. One of the ladies over there contacted Tigi Bed Head and a representative for the company confirmed it.

They are making a replacement product that contains a silicone. They still have it at certain stores in the city, but they're selling it as a package along with the shampoo.

Cichelle

Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo. :sad:

The conditioner did nothing for me, but that shampoo was my all time favorite. I'm still mad about it and haven't bought a thing from Aveda since they discontinued it.

BoaterGirlKim

Yes To Cucumbers Leave-In. Oh, and the other Yes To conditioners now have sodium hydroxide and other chemicals in them. Woe is me.

gcchick_07

I actually just found out about it yesterday. I was on Youtube looking at reviews of the Moisture Maniac condish, when one of the reviewers (her name escapes me) said that it was being discontinued. Then I searched Google and I came across a link that took me to NC.com. One of the ladies over there contacted Tigi Bed Head and a representative for the company confirmed it.

They are making a replacement product that contains a silicone. They still have it at certain stores in the city, but they're selling it as a package along with the shampoo.

so they are replacing it with a crappier quality product?

figures

:sad:

Egyptjones

1. Creme of Nature Shampoo - ALL the Original Formulas
2. Original Formula of Goldwell Kerasilk Conditioner
3. Miss Cool's 5 Minute Fast Set Setting Lotion
4. And all the bazillion products I have fallen in love with only to have the company change up the formula on me...THIS is what has made me a product junkie!
4. OK..gotta throw in a food item too...don't remember the name of it but when I was little, there used to be this Cup o' Spaghetti they used to sell....same concept as Cup o' Soup. Add hot water, let it sit and BAM spaghetti! I used to eat it DAILY lol