Discouraging Mom Strikes Again...

RegaLady

Hey ladies. Thanks so much for all of your support.

Here are the photos. One. Two. Three.
Now mind you I haven't blended my hair in at all yet, I was just checking for length. It was kind of weird at first (I might end up having a friend cut it to APL), but when I felt all that length around me, I LOVED it. LOL. :grin:

U look good MAMA! Just do you!

Kimberly

Girl, my mother said the same thing to me...."I don't know why you think you can grow long hair! You ain't never had long hair! I ain't never had long hair! So, what makes you think you can grow it long now?!" I was like "Maybe I never had long hair because no one was taking care of it for it to grow? I know it grows, or else I wouldn't get a relaxer every 6-8 weeks. I'm just trying to hold on to what's already growing" (I was another one relaxed at an early age...6, I think)

Anyway, about a year later, she's all up in my face wanting to know what I was doing to get my hair so long :spinning: "Oh? What? This stuff that you said wouldn't grow?" She's gotten a lot better now, btw. She's even started stretchign her own relaxer and asking me about products. :yep: My mother isn't controlling, though, she's just a nut! :lol:

Grow your hair and go on about your business. She'll be alright. Trust me.

Christa438

I love that IW, it looks good on you, and you said you hadn't finished blending it in all the way...well I can only imagine how pretty it will be. Yep, SO and Auntie were right. work it!

filthyfresh

Girl, my mother said the same thing to me...."I don't know why you think you can grow long hair! You ain't never had long hair! I ain't never had long hair! So, what makes you think you can grow it long now?!" I was like "Maybe I never had long hair because no one was taking care of it for it to grow? I know it grows, or else I wouldn't get a relaxer every 6-8 weeks. I'm just trying to hold on to what's already growing" (I was another one relaxed at an early age...6, I think)

Anyway, about a year later, she's all up in my face wanting to know what I was doing to get my hair so long :spinning: "Oh? What? This stuff that you said wouldn't grow?" She's gotten a lot better now, btw. She's even started stretchign her own relaxer and asking me about products. :yep: My mother isn't controlling, though, she's just a nut! :lol:

Grow your hair and go on about your business. She'll be alright. Trust me.

Girl! That's exactly how I feel. If it ain't growing then WTF am I getting it relaxed for? Thanks for the advice. =]

Blaque*Angel

it is a very cute wig, you have a cute face and smile too.:grin:

a year from now you will be laughing at this thread,as your hair would have grown so much, even mama would be confused!!!! :blush:lol:lachen:

hothair

Hey ladies. Thanks so much for all of your support.

Here are the photos. One. Two. Three.
Now mind you I haven't blended my hair in at all yet, I was just checking for length. It was kind of weird at first (I might end up having a friend cut it to APL), but when I felt all that length around me, I LOVED it. LOL. :grin:

When I first clicked I didn't notice it was a wig until I saw the front. The colour and length does suit you! I'm sure once you've blended it with your hair and styled a bit it would be stunning.

I understand about not being able to move yet- do what I do when I see mum :) :yep: and go off and do what you like - do not for any reason engage in a discussion/argument you will ALWAYS be wrong!

Like a PP said she probably does have ur interests at heart but for now see above on dealing with her with regards ur hair:grin:

AsTheCurlzTurns

I love that IW, it looks good on you, and you said you hadn't finished blending it in all the way...well I can only imagine how pretty it will be. Yep, SO and Auntie were right. work it!

Ohhh SNAP!!! Christa you saved me the keystrokes, you said it perfectly and ITA!!!:up:

I second Christa's comment filthyfresh, so just go on and DO YOU!:grin::grin:

Songbirdb

Girl wear that thing with pride and grow your natural hair. She'll understand when she sees you natural and swangin'. You are an adult so you gotta make your own descisions. You'll be fine. Be confident in yourself. And your SO likes it so thats a bonus!