Do people still use Megatek?

Niapb

I have read a LOT about Megatek on the blogs but I did see that they changed their formula and a lot of people were unhappy.
Is anybody still using megatek? Is it the new formula? How is it working for your hair? How are you using it? Is it worth investing in?
The first thread I saw about Megatek and it's wonders was from 2008, I'm wondering if there is anyone still raving in 2012?

India*32

Well, I did while relaxed 5 months ago to smooth edges. Now, the area where I applied, (Edges) are so full and coarse now that I'm natural, not sure if the use of Megatek is the culprit. Naw, I've always had full edges, not complaining just trying to add moisture. Any suggestions?

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I use it weekly, and my hair can't live without it. The new formula isn't as good as the old one, but you can add hydrolized keratin to it to make it stronger, and Other ingredients to suit your hair. I DC overnight with my mix, and it's what helps me to retain my length.

Niapb

MrsJaiDiva haha a lot of the raving that I read was from you! is hydrolyzed keratin the same thing as hydrolyzed wheat protein? because I can get that online easy, but I'm not sure if I'm going to want to invest in something that I have to buy extra ingredients for.

Anyone use the newer formula without adding the missing ingredients from the older one?

ManiiSweetheart

I do! I'm not sure if I'm using the old or new formula since I live in the country and bought it at the tracker supply store but it works wonders! ...and has a faint scent of bacon to me... I really like Bacon lol but yes I use it with my MN mix

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
MrsJaiDiva haha a lot of the raving that I read was from you! is hydrolyzed keratin the same thing as hydrolyzed wheat protein? because I can get that online easy, but I'm not sure if I'm going to want to invest in something that I have to buy extra ingredients for.

Anyone use the newer formula without adding the missing ingredients from the older one?

Hydrolized wheat protein isn't as strong, and is used in moisturizers...it helps moisturizers penetrate the hair shaft better. Hydrolized keratin is a hard protein, who's molecules are small enough to penetrate the hair shaft. I get mine from here: http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4040320/9044607.htm

ManiiSweetheart

ManiiSweetheart if your bottle has flowers on it, it's the newer formula. what does it do for your hair?

Ohh well i have this bottle so its the old formula

I feel as if it stops the shedding some ladies have with MN, strengthing my hair over all and it adds a helping hand for consistent growth in my MN mix :yep:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Using is like @MrsJaiDiva and @ms.blue As a DC'ing Treatment (under dryer w/heat).

During the summer, I would use it under my wig while at work on either freshly cowashed or dry hair before cowashing.

I have the original formula.

CoiledByNature

ManiiSweetheart said:
Ohh well i have this bottle so its the old formula

I feel as if it stops the shedding some ladies have with MN, strengthing my hair over all and it adds a helping hand for consistent growth in my MN mix :yep:

I just got my mtg in the mail today... I'm anxious to start using it. How is your hair growing? How do you apply it and is the smell really that bad?

suns4i6e

I love Megatek and use it regularly as a protein condish. I still have the old formula, which I hope I can find when this bottle runs dry.

SoopremeBeing

I use it! I mix it with MN and Tea Tree oil, and put it on my scalp.

When I first started using it last year, I mixed it with Wild Growth Oil, and I did see some added length. BUT I also had my hair either in weaves or braids all last year, so I am not exactly sure if Megatek was the only cause. But hey, my hair seems to like the mixtures I make so Im keeping on with it.

Naturae

I still use Mega tek. In the summer I use it to cowash. All other months I use it as a 'quick shot' of light protein in the shower on wash days. It is my #1 go to for strength, growth, retention, and just overall hair health. I have found that both the old and new formula work equally the same.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The Newer Version has Colorful Flowers on the Front of the Bottle.

The Older Version just has writing (in Blue or Pink = Pet Version)