Do u associate healthy hair with your own health in general?

Hi,, i was wondering if this is the result of my own personal experience or maybe my perfectionism,,but i realized how strongly associate the health of my hair with my general mental and physical health,,, during some of the roughest times of my life in my late teens about 5 yrs ago i was emotionally shattered becuz of events in my life and i was taking terrible, awful care of myself.. During this time, i had lost the front of my hair( due to bad relaxers and other bad practices of course) down to maybe 2 inches,, i sort of had a mullet,,, i wore a headband everyday,,, well as i healed from those days my hair grew longer but still wasnt very healthy at all, I feel as though Ive decided that my hair being healthy equates to me being well emotionally and physically, and i guess it does sort of,,, I cant help but feel that i was unwell then and it showed.... in my hair being in such awful condition,, so now if i have a bad hair trip LOL,,i 'll feel like im unwell and incomplete and i know that seems crazy.... I guess i also learned that hair is a part of you just like your skin or your eyes and taking good care of it is important,,,, does anyone else feel like this??

RosesBlack

I tend to equate it more with mental health. When I'm over stressed I have problems keeping up with self care.

The first place it shows is my skin then my hair.

This is something I've been working really hard on for about the past two years with some set backs. Looking at my hair and how healthy it is, how much healthier and lovely my skin all over is, is for me a testament of me working out some of my issues.

I have some on going health issues but my hair is thriving. YAY for vitamins, for real man.

locabouthair

yes I do. if you eat junk then you might have junky hair.

One day I thought about the times when I didn't have to dealw ith brekaage and my hair was thick. And then I realized that I was eating better, sleeping better and just had a good lifestyle. Something I dont have now and it shows in my hair. Stress can definitely show also.