Question Do We Each Have Individual Blogs, Or Is There A Forum Blog Containing All Our Posts?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi!

Is it possible to post to our own, individual LHCF blogs? It doesn't seem to be how it's working. It seems to be that there is just one huge blog that contains all of everyone's posts. This doesn't allow people to "watch" a particular blog/blogger, which seems to be requiring folks to receive a notification every time anyone posts a blog post or comment or likes a blog post.

Am I wrong about that?

If I'm right and all blog posts go to one big group communal blog, can that be changed or is there currently a way to post to your own blog and NOT to what appears to be the community-wide blog? If so, how?

Many thanks for your help!

faithVA

The blogs appear to be separate. To watch a particular blog there is the Watch Blog link at the top of the persons blog. Clicking it only actives it for that particular blogger and not for all blogs.

Hope that helps.

Topsido

Are you getting notifications under alerts? or emails?

I'm not getting any notifications that I'm aware of.

Yes, I'm getting alerts whenever someone post or comments on a blog. Does anyone know how to ten it off? Thanks in advance.

Theresamonet

Is it customary that mods have to approve every comment posted to a blog? Or am I under some type of special supervision? Lol if I have to wait, who knows how long, for my comments to be approved I just won't even bother.

Last edited:

Dee-Licious

Is it customary that mods have to approve every comment posted to a blog? Or am I under some type of special supervision. Lol if I have to wait who knows how long for my comments to be approved I just won't even bother.
Mine had to be approved before it would post.... I was like ummmmm

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
Are you getting notifications under alerts? or emails?

I'm not getting any notifications that I'm aware of.

notification like a thread tag. It's in a separate tab but it's annoying me because it looks like a thread tag.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Hello Ladies,

To answer your questions: The way you see the blogs working right now is the intended usage.

Blogs and blog posts are equivalent to topics and replies. When you first visit the forum after not being on for a bit, you will see several forums' names in bold, pointing that there are new topics or replies. The same if you click on either of those forums. The topics that have new replies since your last visit are in bold.

The same thing happens with the blogs. The notification you see in red next to the "Blog" menu item at the top, does the same thing. The difference is that because the blogs are in a different area than the main forum, that is the way to show it.

You can always click "Mark as Read" by hovering over the Blog menu and letting the submenu appear. Now that will only work for right now, and will come up once someone has blogged something.

The same functionality exists in the forum itself, where you can mark all topics read.

This is core functionality of the forum so disabling it or removing it or something similar is not an option, since it will require modification of core files which invalidates future upgrades etc.

Dee-Licious

Hello Ladies,

To answer your questions: The way you see the blogs working right now is the intended usage.

Blogs and blog posts are equivalent to topics and replies. When you first visit the forum after not being on for a bit, you will see several forums' names in bold, pointing that there are new topics or replies. The same if you click on either of those forums. The topics that have new replies since your last visit are in bold.

The same thing happens with the blogs. The notification you see in red next to the "Blog" menu item at the top, does the same thing. The difference is that because the blogs are in a different area than the main forum, that is the way to show it.

You can always click "Mark as Read" by hovering over the Blog menu and letting the submenu appear. Now that will only work for right now, and will come up once someone has blogged something.

The same functionality exists in the forum itself, where you can mark all topics read.

This is core functionality of the forum so disabling it or removing it or something similar is not an option, since it will require modification of core files which invalidates future upgrades etc.
Will the search be fixed? Hello.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hello Ladies,

Thanks! Helpful!

I can no longer comment on any blog.

I can no longer like comments on any blogs.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hello Ladies,

When we get blog notifications, how can we tell which blog has a change? Thanks in advance!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Hello Ladies,

Wait wait. The function is working as intended?
So everyone /has/ to be notified everytime anybody anywhere makes a blog post?
Can we take a vote, because I do not want that. :lol:

As an aside, I also noticed that the annoying thing where you have to confirm every time you like a post and you have to quote then edit to add a comment to a thread is back.
I wonder if the two are related.

FearlessNik

Wait wait. The function is working as intended?
So everyone /has/ to be notified everytime anybody anywhere makes a blog post?
Can we take a vote, because I do not want that. :lol:

As an aside, I also noticed that the annoying thing where you have to confirm every time you like a post and you have to quote then edit to add a comment to a thread is back.
I wonder if the two are related.

SAME!