• No, I haven't but I've always wanted to

Votes: 518 49.6%
  • Nope, never considered it

Votes: 200 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khadija.D.Carryl

100% pure moroccan henna yields only reddish to orangeish tones. It blends well with katam and indigo to make black tones.

They are saying moroccan henna has other colors, then it can be 100% henna. It must be a mixed blend with other herbs, and I wonder from where, as Morocco doesn't market other herbs in their region. The other herbs come from India mostly, and katam from Yemen. I'm kind of curious now.

Khadija.D.Carryl

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well.

Baddison, I am not familiar with that brand of henna, and I have never used it or heard of anyone using it. As with any blends of henna and herbs you can try the product out but there are a few factors to consider:

It might not stain as well, because usually indigo does not have the same dye release timing as henna does. Doing them seperately and blending them together gives best results.
It might not be as fresh.
The sift might not be as great and might not wash out well. Jamila is the best henna powder for washing out. Specifically, Jamila 2008. All of those crops are best for washing out, and then their henna for hair by Jamila.

I hope this helps. My last suggestion would be to do a hair strand test if you are going to try it out. Once you use 100% pure herbs though, you might not go back to anything else.

baddison

natural for good
Hi everyone. Hope you are all well.

Baddison, I am not familiar with that brand of henna, and I have never used it or heard of anyone using it. As with any blends of henna and herbs you can try the product out but there are a few factors to consider:

It might not stain as well, because usually indigo does not have the same dye release timing as henna does. Doing them seperately and blending them together gives best results.
It might not be as fresh.
The sift might not be as great and might not wash out well. Jamila is the best henna powder for washing out. Specifically, Jamila 2008. All of those crops are best for washing out, and then their henna for hair by Jamila.

I hope this helps. My last suggestion would be to do a hair strand test if you are going to try it out. Once you use 100% pure herbs though, you might not go back to anything else.

Thanks....we always get such sound advice from you Khadija....thanks again.:yep:

Khadija.D.Carryl

Welcome! I try my best to check into the forums as best as I can. I get so overwhelmed sometimes. I don't get too much help with all that I have to do, not when it comes to online and such.

Thanks for having me, all of you!!

If there is ever anything, don't hesitate to let me know.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Has anyone used Morrocon henna? It says you can mix to get different colors so I'm curious. TIA

http://www.morroccomethod.com/henna.shtml

100% pure moroccan henna yields only reddish to orangeish tones. It blends well with katam and indigo to make black tones.

They are saying moroccan henna has other colors, then it can be 100% henna. It must be a mixed blend with other herbs, and I wonder from where, as Morocco doesn't market other herbs in their region. The other herbs come from India mostly, and katam from Yemen. I'm kind of curious now.

I use Moroccan henna because it can be ready to use in just one to two hours.
I use it for step 1 before I indigo. I get mine from Henna Sooq! :grin:

Last edited:

Aggie

I clarified and conditioned my hair for 15 minutes with MT (for additional strength) and AO HSR, Now I am henna'ing my hair for 2 hours followed with indigo on my hairline mostly for another 2 hours. (I will use some porosity control conditioner on my hair today as well). I will then DC with CON Ultra Nourishing Conditioner mixed with a little AO HSR for 3 hours, possibly overnight.

Khadija.D.Carryl

That's another reason moroccan henna is good to use: its fast dye release over every other henna powder. It's very quick and known as emergency henna too (especially for henna artists). So makes working with indigo and katam less time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.