Do you Ever Wear Your Hair Down?

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I finally got my relaxer and Dominican blowout after a 12 week stretch (I now know that I can only go for 10 weeks:rolleyes:) The last time I cut my ends was in August 08. The beautician complimented my ends and asked if I trimmed my own hair. :grin:
Anyway, I’ve been protective styling for over a year and just wanted to wear “my hair” for awhile.

I still plan to cowash once a week and DC on the weekends alternating with a moisture/protein DC. I still baggy 4-5 days of the week. I plan to wear my hair down 3-4 times a week and bun after work and on the weekends. Putting moisture on my ends and sealing with coconut oil.
Do you wear your hair down a few times a week?
If so, have you experienced a lot of breakage, dry hair etc?

Any information before I do this would be greatly appreciated. Like always, thanks

mzcris

Hi there

Yes I wear my hair quite often :) and I do not experience breakage at all...and I'm still getting good growth. I just keep my ends/hair moisturized. Hope this helps

prospurr4

Yes, I wear my hair down about 70 percent of the time. As long as I keep my ends moisturized and stay away from direct heat, I'm good!

Solitude

I wear my hair down quite often (along with getting Dominican blowouts). Making sure your hair is well conditioned and moisturizing your ends if you experience dryness are key. I haven't experienced any breakage, but I do wear my hair up about half the time, just to avoid using too much heat.

Ms. Alainious

I wear my hair down for the first few weeks after a relaxer. Because I'm between SL and APL, I try to wear it somewhat curly (like my siggie) to keep my ends from brushing agaisnt my shoulders. When my roots get too thick to wrap (around 4 weeks), then I'll start doing braidouts and buns. Then when the roots get even thicker :spinning:, I start doing flexi rod sets. I'll be relaxing this week at 12 weeks post.

janaq2003

70% of he time wear my hair in banana clips, buns mos of he ime. As a matter of fact I am 1 wk post and I've decided o wear my hair down again. This is a surprise because I am so used to putting i up!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
70% of he time wear my hair in banana clips, buns mos of he ime. As a matter of fact I am 1 wk post and I've decided o wear my hair down again. This is a surprise because I am so used to putting i up!

Same here! I love my "Good Days Hair Pins!" I rarely wear my hair down because I actually like my hair pulled up or back - I think my hair looks better that way since I have very fine and thin hair.

I was wearing my hair down, but now it's getting hotter and I hate the heat, the heat makes it worst for me to wear down, I've been getting the urge to cut my hair because of the heat.....so I'm bunning more and stretching out my washes to see what goes on.....I'm just experimenting something right now.....

Live4Me

I used to wear my hair down all the time and I used heat every other day. My hair still continued to grow, but my ends were snapping. Not in the back, but in the front. That's where I used to flat iron the most (to keep a smooth looking frame). My suggestion is to not use direct heat that often unless you know your hair can take it. I even used heat protectors and glides and serums, but my hair still broke off around the front. Now that I do braidouts and knotouts and wash n go's, my hair is THRIVING! But you sound like you have a handle on it! HHG!

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I used to wear my hair down all the time and I used heat every other day. My hair still continued to grow, but my ends were snapping. Not in the back, but in the front. That's where I used to flat iron the most (to keep a smooth looking frame). My suggestion is to not use direct heat that often unless you know your hair can take it. I even used heat protectors and glides and serums, but my hair still broke off around the front. Now that I do braidouts and knotouts and wash n go's, my hair is THRIVING! But you sound like you have a handle on it! HHG!

I think I'll be texlaxing from now on. My hair is bone straight..So straight that it looks like I have no hair.:ohwell: I do like my hair straight, but I figure the further along I get, I'll start with wet bunning and back to my wigs to protect my hair. I'll keep in mind the heat factor.

kami11213

Up to 6 weeks after a relaxer I wear my hair down 3x out the week... I haven't experienced any breakage due to that I just make sure my ends are moisturized. After I'm about 7 weeks post I usually put it up in a bun or wear banana clips until my next relaxer...

beans4reezy

I am on a personal 20 week bunning challenge. I am on week 9 uuuugggh! I'm going to stick it out to see if bunning is the key to length retention for me. If it is, I believe this will motivate me to bun for the rest of the year. I need about 3 - 4 inches to make APL by my target date of December 31st. Hopefully, bunning will get me there.

LaLaa

I wear my hair down rarely. But when I reach my goal Im going to wear my hair down every chance I get!