Do you find yourself

plainj

crying with other people's wonderful testimonies? I was just reading Shimmie's testimony about her cd player and found myself crying on how wonderful God is. This is not the first time; I've cried with other people's testimonies on this forum. I would cry every week in church (I've been there about 6 months now) and I'm realizing that my sad tears have now turned into tears of wonderment and awe of God. I am always in awe and amazement of how good God is. It's an overwhelming feeling and sometimes I just can't believe how He works. It's such a good feeling. Is it because I'm a babe in Christ or do the Christians who are deeper in their walk still become overwhelmingly amazed at how good God is?

harrison

plainj .. I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my lord and savior at the age of 12. Literally a babe. Now at the age of 31, I see living for the lord in a totally different light. Maturity as a christian takes place on more than one level..

You gain knowledge by reading, studying, and meditating on the words of the bible

you mature physically.. going through experiences in life.. you live and you learn

The more you fellowship with others to see how they have been blessed also helps you in your maturation spiritually.. etc etc...

And I know that as I get older, experience more in life, meditate on the points of the bible more...etc... I will continue to grow in my faith and understanding. There's no end to the growth process...

daaiyah

Yes. When I first started trying to find a church for my family. I visited several. I was born and raised Muslim and so I knew I loved God, but in my life experience I had rarely seen Christians who displayed this. Mostly judgment and condemnation. (It is not my intention to offend. But it is what it is)
So anyway it was a chore at first. I visited a church during a summer revival. They started giving testimonials. Heartfelt true stories of His majesty. Things He had done that changed the course of lives. My dress was wet with tears. (My eyes are welling up as I type this.)
These people DID recognize how wonderful God is. They loved him too. They really did. It is like every one of their testimonials became mine as well. I felt as if the room filled with praises of His glory and it surrounded me and it was just overwhelming. It also made me feel I was not alone in my love for him.
I believe to this day. If you have something good to say. Then say it. Dont reserve it for the church. The people who need to hear it are at the bus stop. In the grocery store. At the movies. It's the world outside the four walls that really needs to hear and SEE it.
Sorry I get carried away sometimes.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
crying with other people's wonderful testimonies? I was just reading Shimmie's testimony about her cd player and found myself crying on how wonderful God is. This is not the first time; I've cried with other people's testimonies on this forum. I would cry every week in church (I've been there about 6 months now) and I'm realizing that my sad tears have now turned into tears of wonderment and awe of God. I am always in awe and amazement of how good God is. It's an overwhelming feeling and sometimes I just can't believe how He works. It's such a good feeling. Is it because I'm a babe in Christ or do the Christians who are deeper in their walk still become overwhelmingly amazed at how good God is?
:giveheart: Precious J (not plain) ;)....I've been saved for 25 years and I still cry...:yep:

I cry with certain songs that worship God; I cry at almost all of Pastor's messages, for they reach my heart and hit home. I cry at weddings; engagement annoucements, and when my bills are paid. I thank God for His grace each day.

I cry when I read His word, for each time I read the Bible, his words leap off of the page at me, directly addressing a question or situation or comfirming a prayer that I've prayed. I cry because God loves me so much and I've done nothing to deserve all that He has done for me.

I cry when God blesses me with a new Dance and a new music selection to flow with it.

And yes, I'm still crying about yesterday, when God saw my hurt and my tears and he showed me how to fix it...my CD player -- and all of its pieces. And it still looks brand new; not a scratch. And it plays perfectly.

Oh How He Loves us...and we love him too. Our Lord Jesus... Amen. :heart2:

God Bless You Precious J, your tears are diamonds to God our Father. :love2:

harrison

oh.. maybe i forgot to add that part...:wallbash:

but yes I do find myself at times feeling tearful at church during certain songs or sermons.

typically its determined by the mood I'm in. Or how weighty my heart feels over a situation I'm dealing with.

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes. When I first started trying to find a church for my family. I visited several. I was born and raised Muslim and so I knew I loved God, but in my life experience I had rarely seen Christians who displayed this. Mostly judgment and condemnation. (It is not my intention to offend. But it is what it is)
So anyway it was a chore at first. I visited a church during a summer revival. They started giving testimonials. Heartfelt true stories of His majesty. Things He had done that changed the course of lives. My dress was wet with tears. (My eyes are welling up as I type this.)
These people DID recognize how wonderful God is. They loved him too. They really did. It is like every one of their testimonials became mine as well. I felt as if the room filled with praises of His glory and it surrounded me and it was just overwhelming. It also made me feel I was not alone in my love for him.
I believe to this day. If you have something good to say. Then say it. Dont reserve it for the church. The people who need to hear it are at the bus stop. In the grocery store. At the movies. It's the world outside the four walls that really needs to hear and SEE it.
Sorry I get carried away sometimes.
You have a beautiful testimony.

AND you spoke the truth, for I am among those who judged. I take no pride in it. To you, I apologize and I thank God that you saw past the judgments and chose to fall in Love with Jesus.

God bless you and your family/loved ones in ways that words cannot judge nor take away the joy that you have found in loving Jesus. :heart2:

Shimmie

Staff member
plainj .. I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my lord and savior at the age of 12. Literally a babe. Now at the age of 31, I see living for the lord in a totally different light. Maturity as a christian takes place on more than one level..

You gain knowledge by reading, studying, and meditating on the words of the bible

you mature physically.. going through experiences in life.. you live and you learn

The more you fellowship with others to see how they have been blessed also helps you in your maturation spiritually.. etc etc...

And I know that as I get older, experience more in life, meditate on the points of the bible more...etc... I will continue to grow in my faith and understanding. There's no end to the growth process...
Another beautiful testimony.

You are so right about the 'growth'. :yep: Knowing and loving 'Him' ...our Jesus, gives us a tearful joy that words cannot define. It's music of our hearts...His heart and our hearts flowing as one and experiencing a love and a life that cannot compare to any other. And so we cry...in love.

God bless you angel...:giveheart:

plainj

You are so right about the 'growth'. :yep: Knowing and loving 'Him' ...our Jesus, gives us a tearful joy that words cannot define. It's music of our hearts...His heart and our hearts flowing as one and experiencing a love and a life that cannot compare to any other. And so we cry...in love.
Beautifully said!

shalom

All the time especially when I find that I'm in a place in my life where l feel like God has forgotten about me. I either hear of a medical miracle, somebody got a job or whatever and I cry because I'm happy for them and also because I know that if God has not forgotten about me.

Shimmie

Staff member
All the time especially when I find that I'm in a place in my life where l feel like God has forgotten about me. I either hear of a medical miracle, somebody got a job or whatever and I cry because I'm happy for them and also because I know that if God has not forgotten about me.
:amen: God bless you Shalom...:kiss:

daaiyah

You have a beautiful testimony.

AND you spoke the truth, for I am among those who judged. I take no pride in it. To you, I apologize and I thank God that you saw past the judgments and chose to fall in Love with Jesus.

God bless you and your family/loved ones in ways that words cannot judge nor take away the joy that you have found in loving Jesus. :heart2:

What a kind thing to say. Thanks.