do you follow directions?

SqrpioQutie

.... cuz i'm finding that i don't.... :look:

have you become so hair savvy that you tsk-tsk at the manufacturer's directions on products (chemicals included) and follow your own knowledge??

let's discuss....

Heck naw, I don't follow directions! :lol:

Shampoos usually say to lather twice, but I only lather once. And conditioners say something along the lines of "For intense conditioning, cover your hair and leave on for 5 minutes" I'm like, WTH kind of "intense conditioning" can be done in FIVE freakin minutes??? I usually dc with heat for an hour. Or I leave em in overnight :yep:

The only thing I follow directions for is Aphogee, cause I ain't tryin to play around with that stuff! :lachen:

I sure don't...especially when they say use a "dime size" amount
32.gif
...that definitely won't be enough for my hair.

yea I kinda do cause I read Cathy Howse book and she said something about over condtioning but sometimes I use things for DC that are only supposed to be left on for a couple of minutes.

I don't... For example I use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose as my leave in and styling cream everyday.

oh yeah i never follow directions for shampoos and conditioners... what prompted the question for me was cuz i was dying my sister's hair, and the developer that the dye said to use (oreor volume 30) specifically said not to use on relaxed hair... yet we did anyway... i told her to prepare herself in case all her hair fell out...:grin:

**i did do a search here and a google search to see if there was anything out there explaining the "why" behind the directions not to use on relaxed hair but i didn't find anything...

never! :grin:
unless its any type of chemical service, like a dye or a relaxer. i follow those directions to a t!!! the only exception to this is when i relax...i con first then neutralize, and the deep con.

Heck naw, I don't follow directions! :lol:

Shampoos usually say to lather twice, but I only lather once. And conditioners say something along the lines of "For intense conditioning, cover your hair and leave on for 5 minutes" I'm like, WTH kind of "intense conditioning" can be done in FIVE freakin minutes??? I usually dc with heat for an hour. Or I leave em in overnight :yep:

The only thing I follow directions for is Aphogee, cause I ain't tryin to play around with that stuff! :lachen:

:lachen: I was just about to say all of the above, especially the bold.

I always read the directions. I mean I spend atleast 30-45 mins in Sally's or the BSS just reading ingredients and what it does! :lachen: However, I don't always follow them. I go off what I need the product to do for me or what I read on the hair boards about it. Most directions aren't really aimed at my hair type anyway, so I have to improvise.

With any type of chemical or protein treatment...you betcha! I'm following those directions!

Everything else is subject to change.

hey i like directions! :rolleyes:<--Now u know ur *** is lying through ur teeth:grin:
hecka naw, cuz it's like making any recipe...if u following it turns out nasty, u'll only find ur self adding a lil more of this and that just to get it to where you like it. but i will follow directions for color b/c color need the exact amount of peroxide or whatever base

Neva. Based on ingredients, I do what I know will work for my hair. Case in point:

Apoghee Protein treatment. I never apply full strength and let it dry!

I add it to moisturizing DC and sit under dryer under plastic cap for a couple of hours.

That results in HEAVENly hair.

Back