Do you have to do co-wash nearly everyday for it to work?

kally

I am looking into doing the co-wash, shampoo seems to be the culprit of my dry hair.

On the researches that I have done it seems co-wash only work if you do them 3-4 days a week.

I normally wash my hair once a week with doing a pre-po(cocount oil), shampoo(mane and tail) Deep con (Ors) and a leave in.

My question is, if I co-wash once week in place of my shampoo will I still rep the benefits? Or do I have to do it nearly everyday for co-wash to work?

Eisani

^You don't necessarily have to do it every day to see the benefits. If you've never done it before, I'd actually suggest you start off doing it once a week to introduce yourself to it and see how your hair responds. I personally do it often because it's addicting and my hair loves, loves, loves water and conditioner. IMO, cowashing is a stretcher's/transitioner's best friend.

kally

^You don't necessarily have to do it every day to see the benefits. If you've never done it before, I'd actually suggest you start off doing it once a week to introduce yourself to it and see how your hair responds. I personally do it often because it's addicting and my hair loves, loves, loves water and conditioner. IMO, cowashing is a stretcher's/transitioner's best friend.

Ok thank you so much. I am thinking about getting that Nourish spa by trader joes.

Dposh167

i agree with Eisani. Some people cowash that many times a week as a personal choice. ...but u can still benefit from cowashing 1x a week. I did that in the beginning of my journey and i was just fine. I think its more about added conditioning than shampoo'ing that will help u see a difference

Last edited:

kally

i agree with Eisani. Some people cowash that many times a week as a personal choice. ...but u can still benefit from cowashing 1x a week. I did that in the beginning of my journey and i was just fine. I think its more about added conditioning than shampoo'ing that will help u see a difference

I sure hope so, because everytime I wash my hair and then dry it, it turns very try. I am a 4a natural.