Do You Have To Use A Leave In For Relaxed Hair Growth?

_nellypoo

I'm still learning how to take care of my hair after getting relaxed for the first time.
An issue I am having is no matter how light the leave in is, or how little I use, they always make my hair look greasy.

So my questions are,
Do you really need to use a leave in conditioner?
Any recommendations for a leave in that won't make my hair greasy?

Last edited:

charmtreese

As a relaxed head I really enjoyed CHI karitin leave-in spray as well as CHI silk infusion leave-in (I still use these products on my natural hair), and they never left my hair feeling greasy.

Personally, I do think that leave-ins are important for my hair type, but you could always try not using a leave-in and see how your hair responds.

PlanetCybertron

No you don’t have to use one.

But if you’re worried about a leave-in that’s too heavy or greasy, make your own. One of the simplest ways to make a leave-in is to take a conditioner, and water it down, put it in a spray bottle and bam. Done.

There’s also a bunch of stuff from TGIN, Oyin, Curls, Mielle Organics, Aunt Jackie, Bekura, SM, etc. that can be watered down to suit your leave in expectations.

In the even I stop caring to use leave ins which happens occasionally, I just step up my deep conditioning frequently, and try to seal as quickly as possible.