Do you let your hair air dry over night? If so, please enter.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Hey ladies- thanks for entering! I have a dumb question. When I air dry my hair, it's usually during the day. When you dry at night, do you air dry with your satin cap on? Due to the weather, I'm trying to see how ADing at night would be.

Currently, I cowashed, detangled, moisturized/sealed, put my hair into two Pocahontas braids and put a 7/8" magnetic roller on the end of each braid to keep my ends smooth. I also have my satin cap on. Is this good for night?

What do you do to dry at night? I'd rather a bun, but I'm experiencing breakage from bunning in the same spot.

Tarae

When I air dry, which isn't often, I usually pull it back into one low braid and pin it up. Put my scarf on to lay down the edges.

Your way seems fine.

Eisani

Your way sounds almost identical to mine, only I put on my scarf to lay my edges down then put my bonnet on. I also put a towel on my pillow. It makes me think my drying time is faster (don't know if its really true :laugh:).

skatergurljubulee

I do everything you do, except I bun my hair. My hair's still damp in the morning- but that's most likely because of the thickness than anything else.

Tamrin

unapologetic
I just putin in 3 braids put a perm rod at each end and slip on mysatin bonnet (my hair is like that right now, I just co washed).If I want a bun in the morning I will use the scarf method and slip on my cap.

4mia

i make 2 pigtails without bands and clip them crisscross then i put on wave cap thingy or scarve and then bonnet.

or
now i have been wet wrapping wich i though would damage my hair. It dosent damage. I wrap it loose. imy roots end up straight.

Last edited:

lilsparkle825

does it matter that i am natural? if not, i twist my hair into 6 chunky twists and slap a satin scarf or bonnet over them.

msa

I'm natural. I usually air dry in bantu knots or twists under a satin bonnet. Sometimes a scarf, but it comes off.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Thank you so much for responding ladies! Yes, this question was directed to everyone- natural, relaxed, and texlaxed. So I'm up now and I took my satin cap off. My hair is still damp. That's due to washing so late last night. I'm gonna sit under my dryer for about 20 min and I should be all good.

amara11

I'm natural and I rarely use a dryer to dry my hair (unless I'm actually blowdrying it)

Otherwise, I airdry. I just airdried overnight with rollers (It took all night, and a large part of the next day, and even then some hair was still damp :eek:) But I like it!!!!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I usually try to air dry my hair but a clip or a braid in the back. After I moisture and seal the ends.....