Do you mind when people STARE at your hair?!?

Freespirit02

I have been noticing since I've been wearing my real hair more and more people are staring at my hair. It's not like a glance, but like a stalker stare. Apart of me wants to say what bleeppp are you looking at. Do yall get this? Does it bother you? Do you ever just wait for them to say something? I don't know..but to me it's just plain annoying..especially if they aren't going to say something.

sunnieb

I don't mind at all! I take it as a compliment. I wore my hair out this weekend and got lots of stares since I haven't worn it down since April. I also got the ladies staring and I could tell that they thought I was wearing a weave. They ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait 'til December when I should be full BSL! Until then, it's back to my daily bunning!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Nope, I take it as a compliment. You gotta remember in the real world, folks aren't used to seeing black women with long, healthy hair :yep:

Well, my hair isn't long or anything, so most people don't stare.I find that most people (mostly family members) just want to put their hands in it or do a hair style.Like yesterday I was sitting on the sofa and my aunt said "Let me do a style and add some body to the top of your hair with my hands:ohwell:.All the girls wear their hair like that".I said no, that's okay.I wouldn't let her do it so she took both of her hands and messed up my hair.She better be glad we're cool or it would've been trouble,trouble.I just got a relaxer too, so it fell back into place.

LivingDol1

i don't think i pay attention enough to others to see if they are staring. if they were, i wouldn't mind. but yeah, like others have said, as long as you don't dare touch it... we're cool.

RadiantBeauty

I don't mind at all! I take it as a compliment. I wore my hair out this weekend and got lots of stares since I haven't worn it down since April. I also got the ladies staring and I could tell that they thought I was wearing a weave. They ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait 'til December when I should be full BSL! Until then, it's back to my daily bunning!

Tell em girl!:yep:

Freespirit02

It's just weird for me because my hair is cut at an ear level bob..so it's really short. However, I will be talking to someone (most of the time a black female) and they just stare at my hair. I'm not use to it at all..it feels kinda strange. One actually said something today. She was like "wow you have a really good perm, who did it?"..i think i got a little shy...maybe even blushed..

anon123

Not generally, as long as it's within reason. I was eating at a restaurant in Baltimore, though, and the woman across from us kept looking at my hair throughout the course of her meal. And the family on the other side behind us looked a lot, too, and I could tell they were talking about my hair. That's a little extreme and weird. But generally, no, I like for people to look at my hair.

leona2025

I just hope other people don't mind when I stare at their hair. I almost broke my kneck tonight trying to look at this girl hair at the movies. No one stares at my hair.

BostonMaria

I love the attention!! I won't lie LOL

Although I will admit sometimes its a bit strange. I went to the mailroom at my job the other day and I was surrounded by a few co-workers (male and female) that were oohing and aahing about my hair. They were nice about it though. Wish I could get the same attention when my hair is curly! Maybe one day.

mzcris

Although I personally don't think my hair is really long at all...a family member who had not seen me in a while thought my hair was weave...and she asked me was it my hair...:rolleyes:

So it's no biggie to me....

LongiLox

No, it won't really bother me; I'd be flattered. I don't really notice people staring at my hair but my SO has told me a couple of times about someone staring at my hair. Doesn't bother me.

Bluetopia

Yesterday I noticed the wierdest thing after I left the hairdresser

Women with bad weaves and crooked wigs were grilling me hard. It was so blatant I couldnt even pretend not to notice.

There was even a tri of teenage girls in the CVS pharmacy who saw me walk in....whispered amongst themselves and then followed me into the hair care aisle...didnt look at anything in that aisle (but me) and then walked away to "discuss" I guess.

The thing is my hair is only 2 or 3 inches past SL and not nearly as thick and healthy as it used to be. I cant imagine what the reaction will be like when Im back to full health.

But like I said...i only noticed the people with dried out weaves and wigs being so attentive (Im not being an arse...im serious :perplexed) so maybe they were just wondering what kind of wig or weave I was rocking.

The whole thing makes me uncharacteristically bashful.

MsEllie

My hair is only SL but I get stares and people are asking me questions - I believe its because my hair is looking hella healthy and if you would have seen it out of a weave before Feb 1st.. you would have been like "WTF". Now I wear it in braidouts and I wore buns a couple times but I'm scared to wear the bun to work cause I use the phony bun and each time (2 times) I wore it someone freaking put their hands in my head. I'm like don't pull it please - jerk my head away and ask them to ask first. But I love looking at long hair even other other races - I will ask a black women however, what did she do to get her hair that long... I don't mind the stares but I can't deal with the touching unless I give permission :grin:, I did a couple times

Freespirit02

The more I think of it..i think it's because I usually have a weave..so they are just shocked that I've been leaving the horse at home..lol