do you 'plan' for your hair?

robot.

maybe a better way to put it is 'goals.' i just recently cut my hair and i like it well enough. i plan to grow thick, healthy MBL hair later in life. right now, i'll keep my hair short until i finish school, grow it long, and then transition to natural without a BC.

at first, i thought short hair might be easier to care for but unless you're doing a BC, it really isn't. especially if you don't visit your stylist every two weeks or know how to style your own hair. whoops. :blush: lesson learned. now, i'm considering finishing off the year with short hair and then growing it out.

how about you? do you make 'plans' for your hair?

JustKiya

:lol: :yep:

I plan for it to be longer than it is today, tomorrow, going forward until I'm no longer breathing.

Neith

Yep. I would like to grow it to waist length.

I'm wierd though. I have a list and a calender for just my hair :lol:

EVERYTHING is planned out in it. DC's, Shampoo's, Co Washes, Protein Treatments, Hair coloring, Touch - ups... litterally everything :lol:

but I'm like that with everything, not just my hair. My whole life is organized :look: :lol:

I was planning to be shoulder length by the end of September, but my hair is already grazing shoulder :drunk:

prospurr4

Oh yes! I plan to reach waist length by year-end, hipbone in 2009 and finally, tailbone in 2010. If I find tailbone length too overwhelming to maintain, then I will cut it back to hipbone. That is all!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Yep :D

I plan on being BSB by Deceber 31 of this year and MBL by July '09. After that, IDK if I wanna go longer. If I do decide to go to WL (which is as long as I'll go) I'll give it till December '09

I'll wear my hair down and enjoy it for a few years, then I'll probably bc and grow my hair natural with a whole new set of goals :grin:

Last edited:

Simply_Kelz

Like Neith, I have an entire book dedicated to my hair goals.

I have a timeline with all my milestones, and detailed descriptions on how the regimen differs with each milestone.

I list products, relaxer dates, protein treatments, clarifying, dc's, and then some.

SouthernDimps

I plan on growing my hair out to MBL by May 09. Then I'm planning on transitioning for a year to get to know my texture. In May '10, I will decide if I want to continue transitioning or go back to the creamed crack lol. In ten years (at the age of 30), I plan on cutting my hair to APL and keeping it at that length.

MizAvalon

Oh yes.:yep:

I plan on certain styles for certain events or if I'm going on vacation. I plan for when I will relax.

For example, I know that I have a black tie event to go to out of town in September. However, I will be there for an entire week before the event so I'm trying to plan now for what I'm going to do.

robot.

Like Neith, I have an entire book dedicated to my hair goals.

I have a timeline with all my milestones, and detailed descriptions on how the regimen differs with each milestone.

I list products, relaxer dates, protein treatments, clarifying, dc's, and then some.

that's what i need to do. get a little book for all my notes.

Yes. I hair has to be a certain length fro different parts of my life. I want WSL hair by the time I get married. BSL natural hair by the time I have kids. And Im shaving my head and locing once I get 50 (I think). Lets just hope I dont go bald before then :lachen:

Kelly210

I do, but very loosely. My original goal was to grow it as long as I could and then cut it off Natalie Prtman V for Vendetta style. Once my natural(nappy) hair got to BSL I stopped caring about it that much. I started to dread washing my hair. I ended up chopping a good amount off. Now my goal is to grow it back evenly to about 8-10 inches (My happiest Length)when my twists really framed my face.

skipper

yes, im planning on getting to bsl and then probably get a haircut some long layers.

i try and plan my relaxers in advance but if my hair is driving me too crazy then plans change