Do you Pre-Poo on wet or dry hair?

caligirl

I would like to try a pre-shampoo treatment with lekair shea butter cholesterol or castor oil. Should I wet my hair first or just put it on dry hair and sit under the dryer for 15 minutes?

Cheleigh

I would prepoo on dry hair and without the dryer heat. I always add EVOO and molasses to my DT (or any conditioner treatment I do) and heat in the micro as well. If your hair is already feeling dry, the forced heat MIGHT make it worse.

BTW, I prepoo AS my CW--I don't bother doing it twice (what for?).

~Nigeria~

I prepoo on dry hair with EVOO. But I just got my Lekair Cholesterol with Aloe and I might add this with my oil to maximize my results.

divinefavor

On the weeks that you need to clarify, do you still pre-poo or deep condition before shampooing? If so, would the clarifying defeat the purpose of pre-pooing or deep condtioning first? I hope I'm making sense. :perplexed

~Nigeria~

divinefavor said:
On the weeks that you need to clarify, do you still pre-poo or deep condition before shampooing? If so, would the clarifying defeat the purpose of pre-pooing or deep condtioning first? I hope I'm making sense. :perplexed

I do think clarifying defeats the purpose of a pre-poo because clarifying strips the hair and it can be drying. I don't even waist my time. I just follow up clarifying with a moisturizing shampoo, and extra long deep conditioning.

morehairplease

I pre-poo on dry hair w/a mixture of Suave milk & honey(+extra honey and/or evoo) or suave tropical coconut co. When both run out I plan on pre-pooing w/brahmi oil.

Last edited: