Do You Put Honey In Your Conditioner?

Cinnabuns

I added some honey to my Dove Moisturizing conditioner the other day and all I have to say is “Slip-City.” My hair came out beautiful with curls popping everywhere. I've heard raves on this forum about adding it to conditioners, but I never dreamed that it would work like this. :love:. Don’t get me wrong I love honey alone, but adding a couple of teaspoons or so to my favorite conditioner does make a difference.:yep:

My question is for those that do use honey in the their conditioner, what brands do you add it to? I’d love to know. :)

Cincysweetie

mysweetevie said:
Yes,the 1st try i put way too much. But now i only put a couple squirts in my Fake ORS MAYO. :love:
So if you didn't want to add a couple squirts to the entire bottle, how much would you add to just one application of conditioner?

PhonyBaloney500

mysweetevie said:
Yes,the 1st try i put way too much. But now i only put a couple squirts in my Fake ORS MAYO. :love:

Whaddaya mean by fake ORS Mayo? You made it yourself or there's a good cheapie brand?

Peachtree

Yes, I sometimes add honey to my conditioner, water spritz, styling products, etc. Honey makes my hair sooo shiny & moisturized.

Sassenach

I make a mixture in my hand that's about 3/4th's conditioner and 1/4 honey. I don't think it's good to add the honey to the conditioner bottle. The sugar might react weirdly to some of the preservatives.

JewelleNY

I tried this after reading the hair recipe board. I added it to my leklair cholesterol and it really smoothed out my new groth while I was stretching. I luv honey :love:

foxybrownsugar

There are only a few honeys that are national like sue bee for instance. The best honey in my opinion are the local (just about every state has local honey) because they have had a shorter shelf life. They can usually be found at your local veggie stand, meat markets, produce markets, mom & pop stores thats where i get mine. hth

Chinagem

ThursdayGirl said:
I love using honey (the darker the better) with conditioner as a pre-poo!

Why did you say, "the darker the better"? I thought the color and taste of honey depended on the flower the bees used and wasn't directly related to quality. What should I be looking for in my honey when I buy it. TIA.

Divine Inspiration

I use a brand called Wild Mountain. It's raw and uncooked. It tends to be thicker than processed honey so I only add a teaspoon, but it definitely cranks up the shine and moisture retention for me.

BLESSED1

I just tried it for the 1st time yesterday after hearing Peachtree rave about it (what's up girl :wave: ) I added it to my suave humectant/humectress, forget which 1 is the suave one but anyway, left my hair really soft and more slip than usual. I also warmed up the conditioner before putting it on (another tip from Peachtree ;) ) and I think that added onto the moisturizing effect. I'm def. going to do this from now on, matter of fact I went to the store today and bought me another jar of honey!

carletta

JewelleNY said:
I tried this after reading the hair recipe board. I added it to my leklair cholesterol and it really smoothed out my new groth while I was stretching. I luv honey :love:

yeap ! I do the same thing. plus I add coconut milk.......and my hair is like.....ssmmmootthh!

Cheleigh

I either add it to my pre poo, or, more likely, I add it to my after shampoo conditioner mix. I use unfiltered honey (it's thick and cream colored).

newslady

can you co wash w/ honey in the conditioner? or do you need to shampoo after adding honey to a conditioner?

Jewell

Gee. Am I the only one who doesn't like honey in conditioner? I have tried it many times and EVERY time, my hair comes out dry and stringy. Its better for me not to use it, at least then it comes out soft and moist from the conditioner. :whyme: I wish it worked for me...now EVOO is another story... :love:

honeisos

Jewell said:
Gee. Am I the only one who doesn't like honey in conditioner? I have tried it many times and EVERY time, my hair comes out dry and stringy. Its better for me not to use it, at least then it comes out soft and moist from the conditioner. :whyme: I wish it worked for me...now EVOO is another story... :love:

I tried the honey over the weekend , in a deep conditioner ..left my hair dry as well .. I will try it one more time and hopefully it works..

ChocoKitty

I love honey in my conditioner. I use it in my Lekair and MnT. Sometimes I've even left my mix in my hair. It slicks my edges without drying them out. :D

Mestiza

I love adding honey to my conditioners. :love: I've tried it w/ Alberto VO5 to Suave and everything in between.

ThursdayGirl

The darker the better... I just had a better experience with clover honey...which is a darker one. But yes, you're right color is related to the flowers pollenated... not the quality :) .

An_Original_Copy

I put honey in my Dove Intense Moisture condish, and my hair loves it!!! I think that's why my hair is startiing to retain more length since it's not dry and brittle.

LovelyLionessa

I love using honey in my deep conditioning mixes. I think I will experiment with using a honey that's darker in tone, because I believe honey added some red tones to my hair. Honey is my favorite humectant though, it's good stuff! :p