Do You Put Honey In Your Conditioner?

camellia

I add warmed honey and some type of natural oil to almost every single conditoner when I wash my hair. It helps my hair retain moisture and gives it a lovely gloss.

punchinella

Sassenach said:
I make a mixture in my hand that's about 3/4th's conditioner and 1/4 honey. I don't think it's good to add the honey to the conditioner bottle. The sugar might react weirdly to some of the preservatives.

You're right, I tried this once and after a few days I saw mildew building up inside the bottle :eek: yuck

Ayeshia

yeah I keep mines in the refrig...its too hot for it to sit out. I use about a teaspoon to my suave milk and honey. That small amount does WONDERS. It defines the curls and combats frizz.

JustKiya

Oh yes, I LOVE honey!!! I have an old bottle of conditioner that I rinsed out and filled with honey, and it sits on the edge of my tub in a plastic cup right next to my regular cone-free conditioner (whatever's cheapest!). ANY time I put conditioner in my head, I pour it into the cup, add about 1/3 honey to it, mix it up, and put that on my head.

It's WONDERFUL for slip and shine, and it smells SOOOOO good.

caribeandiva

Human being
nope, i read the ingredients on my humectress bottle yesterday and it already has honey in it (and lots of oils too).

camellia

I've never found it hard to rinse out.

I don't add the honey and oil to my conditioner bottle. I warm it up in a little bowl and then add the conditoner to the bowl. I put it on my hair while it's warm and then cover with a plastic cap.