Do You Remember Surge 14 Hair Revitalizer?????

charmtreese

I have...but I noticed that AV gel is an ingredient...so I'm thinking that might be a culprit with this michigan winter.

I also have fine hair...Here is another suggestion that you might have already tried. But if not...Are you only spraying your scalp area. I noticed that when I concentrate the spray on the scalp and lightly message it in (allowing whatever small amount to travel down the hair shaft) and follow up with oil prior to baggying my hair is very moisturize in the morning.

When I was spraying my ends with xcel21 prior to oiling & baggying...I felt like my hair was coated and stiff. Still not necessarily dry but something was off.

During the winter months how do you normally style your hair?

vanray

I also have fine hair...Here is another suggestion that you might have already tried. But if not...Are you only spraying your scalp area. I noticed that when I concentrate the spray on the scalp and lightly message it in (allowing whatever small amount to travel down the hair shaft) and follow up with oil prior to baggying my hair is very moisturize in the morning.

When I was spraying my ends with xcel21 prior to oiling & baggying...I felt like my hair was coated and stiff. Still not necessarily dry but something was off.

During the winter months how do you normally style your hair?
Usually in cornrows and maybe yarn twists or another PS.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Those that are experiencing dryness, do you follow up the spray with oil...or do you just use the spray with no chaser? I'm asking because I always follow up with oil, and have not had any dryness. But, I also baggie nightly.

NW on scalp only and scalp massage it in. Moisturizer on length. Seal with a butter. ETA: I know baggying is awesome and increases moisture but I rather NW21 work without having to do that.

charmtreese

NW on scalp only and scalp massage it in. Moisturizer on length. Seal with a butter. ETA: I know baggying is awesome and increases moisture but I rather NW21 work without having to do that.

Are you experiencing dryness from xcel 21?

I've been baggying for years. Even in my relaxed days. I don't baggy to enhance NW21 effectiveness...I baggy for moisture and to keep my scarf/pillows from absorbing hair products.

I'm sure NW21 will work just fine without using the baggy method. I'm just stuck in my ways, and prefer the feeling of moisture that I get from using the baggy more than any other method/products I've tried.

I was just curious if the people that experience dryness from xcel21 used it on the length or just the scalp/ng area.

LegsLegsLegs

I found this thread yesterday & read through majority of the posts on this thread.
Does anybody use it on the length of their hair? I see the bottle says it stops split ends. How can it stop split ends when only applied to scalp?
Regardless I'm buying 2 bottles.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Yes it dries me out. I have super fine 4c natural hair. I spray the scalp only and let the runoff do what it do to the length.

I think part of that dryness is the buildup it causes. I've found a mid week co-cleanse solves it well enough. Also I spray with the liquid detangler for conditioner, SM Kids Detangler and oil seal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I swore I saw glycerin in the ingredients list. That is extremely drying especially in dry winter months since there's so little ambient moisture to pull from.

charmtreese

Yes it dries me out. I have super fine 4c natural hair. I spray the scalp only and let the runoff do what it do to the length.

I think part of that dryness is the buildup it causes. I've found a mid week co-cleanse solves it well enough. Also I spray with the liquid detangler for conditioner, SM Kids Detangler and oil seal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I swore I saw glycerin in the ingredients list. That is extremely drying especially in dry winter months since there's so little ambient moisture to pull from.

This is what I believe as well. I prefer not to spray my entire head with this product.

GGsKin

How long is a bottle lasting? Mine last 2 weeks, spraying twice a day. I may be heavy handed cause I have crochet.

1 bottles lasts me about 6 - 8 weeks. I apply the liquid only once per day. I also transferred mine to an applicator bottle with nozzle. Maybe I use less because of the bottle but I do apply all over my head.

My bottles tend to last me quite some time, I think similar to Daina's time line.

I washed my hair yesterday and I've put it up so it looks like another week off from spraying my scalp. Still spraying the brows tho:look:

Last edited: