Do You Remember Surge 14 Hair Revitalizer?????

Onhergrind09

I've gone through a bottle and I'm well into my 2nd. I usually spritz twice a day, but sometimes it's only once, and I have skipped days here and there. I can't say for sure that I'm getting more growth, but I do like how it makes my hair and scalp feel. I'm hardcore protective styling under wigs so this was fairly easy to incorporate. After getting through my initial bottle, I went all in and bought more 6 bottles and will at least continue to use it until I've gotten through all 6.

JessieLeleB

So I've been alternating between the cream and spray about every 3-4 days... I don't keep count... the cream goes faster I'll have to buy more... so far I think it's working my braids are not loose but I have about an 1-1.5in of growth since put in my crochet braids at the middle of February... once I take these out I'll officially take pictures since I started on vitamins this week also... :)

MsSanz92

@MsSanz92 How long have you been using the Edge Entity? Can you tell how much growth you've had with it so far?

I've been using it for about a month, but I wasn't using it as consistently as it tells you to, and saw growth. I have a spot on my hairline that was noticeably thinner than the rest that has started to fill in, and is now almost as full as the rest of my hairline. Once I re-order, I will take pictures.

Another thing, maybe it was just me being heavy handed with the product, but even with me not using 2x a day as instructed, I went through the 1 month jar of Edge Entity in lesss than a month, dayswise. It took me over a month actually finish it because I skipped some days, but depending on how much you apply, it might actually last you the whole month.

GGsKin

I've been using it for about a month, but I wasn't using it as consistently as it tells you to, and saw growth. I have a spot on my hairline that was noticeably thinner than the rest that has started to fill in, and is now almost as full as the rest of my hairline. Once I re-order, I will take pictures.

Another thing, maybe it was just me being heavy handed with the product, but even with me not using 2x a day as instructed, I went through the 1 month jar of Edge Entity in lesss than a month, dayswise. It took me over a month actually finish it because I skipped some days, but depending on how much you apply, it might actually last you the whole month.

Thanks for replying. I'm glad you've seen good results. A friend of mine is struggling with thinning around her hairline. I told her about this product. I'm hoping that with some nurturing, she'll see some growth.

belleama

Okay I finally finished reading all 55 pages! I did pick up two bottles and the cream about two weeks or so ago. I like the results I'm getting so far feels like I'm getting some additional new growth. This is definitely the same stuff as surge from years back. It is great stuff. I think I'm going to go back to the old surge threads to see if I can pick up some more nuggets of information.

But so far what I've been doing is applying the spray twice a day. None on my hairline. I use the cream for my hairline and edges. I decided to take someone's advice and put it in an applicator bottle. That has worked wonders as far as applying. It is very runny and I must be heavy handed because it would always run down my neck and face. So to thicken it up I added about a half an ounce of OCT that I had left over and a quarter of an ounce of JBCO to prevent the dryness that I remembered from last time. I've been using my spray mix on my eyebrows and lashes for 4 or 5 days. I'm noticing a difference in my lashes. Hopefully my eyebrows catch up.

I remember last time I used it it brought my hairline forward. I didn't realize it had started receding until I used surge and noticed it fill in and become fuller. My nails are starting to grow faster as well. I've never had problems with breakage but I'm definitely noticing the quick growth. I've been practicing my typing for an upcoming job exam and long nails get in the way of my speed and accuracy. Guess I'll have to trim them more often. I don't use the spray on my hairline or edges because I remember last time that in addition to bringing my hairline forward I also started to see more peach fuzz and a few long (like half inch - 1 inch hairs) on my face. That's a no go. Fortunately, that's the only thing that didn't stick with me after I stopped using the spray last time. I still have the full hairline. Pieces that got longer continue to get longer and stay that way until I start neglecting my hair again. Oh I also started taking allicin (garlic - allicin is supposedly the active ingredient) tablets again as I remember that shedding increased when I used surge until it stopped on its own. Shedding and breakage have been minimal this go around. I'm trying to remember any other insights I had from last time.

Anyway, good luck everyone! Side note: If you're having trouble finding the new surge try this link http://www.netwurksxcel21.com/store-locator.html make sure you scroll down to see the full list sorted by state. I called the location on the list before heading there and they had it. I hope you guys continue having great success. Also don't be shy about looking at the older threads. There was a wealth of information on this forum about surge and the challenges.

ETA: I started baggying just my ends three days ago. I may add a second bonnet or a smoother cap/something to keep the moisture in my scalp as well. I don't know yet. I just don't want this on my face and I think the rest of my hair deserves as much love as my ponytail.

CheChe1881

Okay I finally finished reading all 55 pages! I did pick up two bottles and the cream about two weeks or so ago. I like the results I'm getting so far feels like I'm getting some additional new growth. This is definitely the same stuff as surge from years back. It is great stuff. I think I'm going to go back to the old surge threads to see if I can pick up some more nuggets of information.

But so far what I've been doing is applying the spray twice a day. None on my hairline. I use the cream for my hairline and edges. I decided to take someone's advice and put it in an applicator bottle. That has worked wonders as far as applying. It is very runny and I must be heavy handed because it would always run down my neck and face. So to thicken it up I added about a half an ounce of OCT that I had left over and a quarter of an ounce of JBCO to prevent the dryness that I remembered from last time. I've been using my spray mix on my eyebrows and lashes for 4 or 5 days. I'm noticing a difference in my lashes. Hopefully my eyebrows catch up.

I remember last time I used it it brought my hairline forward. I didn't realize it had started receding until I used surge and noticed it fill in and become fuller. My nails are starting to grow faster as well. I've never had problems with breakage but I'm definitely noticing the quick growth. I've been practicing my typing for an upcoming job exam and long nails get in the way of my speed and accuracy. Guess I'll have to trim them more often. I don't use the spray on my hairline or edges because I remember last time that in addition to bringing my hairline forward I also started to see more peach fuzz and a few long (like half inch - 1 inch hairs) on my face. That's a no go. Fortunately, that's the only thing that didn't stick with me after I stopped using the spray last time. I still have the full hairline. Pieces that got longer continue to get longer and stay that way until I start neglecting my hair again. Oh I also started taking allicin (garlic - allicin is supposedly the active ingredient) tablets again as I remember that shedding increased when I used surge until it stopped on its own. Shedding and breakage have been minimal this go around. I'm trying to remember any other insights I had from last time.

Anyway, good luck everyone! Side note: If you're having trouble finding the new surge try this link http://www.netwurksxcel21.com/store-locator.html make sure you scroll down to see the full list sorted by state. I called the location on the list before heading there and they had it. I hope you guys continue having great success. Also don't be shy about looking at the older threads. There was a wealth of information on this forum about surge and the challenges.

ETA: I started baggying just my ends three days ago. I may add a second bonnet or a smoother cap/something to keep the moisture in my scalp as well. I don't know yet. I just don't want this on my face and I think the rest of my hair deserves as much love as my ponytail.

Thank you for the detailed post.
Do you know an authorized seller online for this product? I don't see a "buy" option on the website you provided.

Plus Chicago, IL is not on their authorized seller list. Smh

CheChe1881

Okay ladies, I'm really perplexed (in a good way) because my hair normally grows at a snails pace, however all of a sudden I've been noticing length without straightening my hair. When I took my hair down this afternoon to spray my nw21 it felt heavier on my shoulders so I took a picture to compare with past pics...The pics below are a little over a month a part...I hope this is real growth and not my eyes playing tricks on me.
View attachment 390353

Your eyes are not deceiving you lol

P.S. You're so gorgeous! And I would kick my neighbors dog to have your skin :cry3:

belleama

Okay so I remembered a few more things.

1. Stop using surge 6 or 7 days prior to a relaxer. Otherwise, it will burn.

2. Wait until after the first post relaxer wash to start applying it again.

3. Clarify more often. I think I'm going to up my clarifying to twice a month instead of once a month. I'm getting a lot more build up and that's no bueno for a fine haired girl. I shampoo almost everyday. That's still not helping.

4. Reduce the number or frequency of other protien products during usage of surge. My hair loves protien but I'm noticing that it's taking a lot more mosturizer to make my hair feel moisturized. Which is of course causing more build up on my hair and scalp.

5. Stop applying it to the last half inch - inch of scalp in any area that you don't want your hairline migrating to. My nape hairs are starting to sprout much closer to the base of my neck than I'd like. Also the hairs around my ears seems like it's going to start taking over all of the empty space there. I might have to go and get those areas threaded like that girl I read about years ago. I really don't want to though.

I think that's it. With that being said. I am no longer using the cream on any area but the front of my hairline. I've switched to super moisturising shampoo and conditioner. I'm sticking with my applicator bottle and being very careful to only get the spray mix only on my scalp. Also massaging it into the scalp so it doesn't run down on to my hair. Baggying my ends in a ponybun with a nice moisturising leave in and the smallest amouunt of castor oil on the ends. My eyebrows and lashes seem to be enjoying all the new attention.

Anyway, happy growing ladies. :)

KenyafromCT

@KenyafromCT There are two locations listed in CT. Not sure where in the state you are but I go to the Norwalk place and they always have it. Though the spray is usually lower stock but enough for me. Good luck!

Thank you! I'm just seeing your reply! I ordered it from HOBW on Sunday & it arrived on Thursday!! I'm using it for the 2nd time tonight!!

KenyafromCT

Ok.
No it's not. :-( They're Indian or something.

I've asked the lady at Bow Tie or maybe it's Hair bow in Stamford (black owned). Several times to stock it. She just won't. So I go up to him because he has it.

Ok. If they were black owned, I would take the 40 minute ride from New Haven. We have a black owned supply store here but stopped going there after 19 years of supporting her. Which makes me sad....and guilty because I go into the Asians now.

belleama

Ok.

Ok. If they were black owned, I would take the 40 minute ride from New Haven. We have a black owned supply store here but stopped going there after 19 years of supporting her. Which makes me sad....and guilty because I go into the Asians now.

Wouldn't Hartford be closer for you? I would really love to support my black owned BSS here in town but she just won't order it. I guess she doesn't get a lot of traffic or people asking for new stuff. I don't know. She's really nice though. So I do try to go to her for certain things.

vanray

So I broke my rib a few weeks ago, but only had it confirmed today and I have fallen off lately. Took my hair out last weekend and told myself I was going to do my hair....lies.

I have my appointment to get the DE STS treatment on thursday, broken ribs and all, so Ill be straight for a while. Question. Any straight haired people use the cream without reversion? How?

imaginary

So I broke my rib a few weeks ago, but only had it confirmed today and I have fallen off lately. Took my hair out last weekend and told myself I was going to do my hair....lies.

I have my appointment to get the DE STS treatment on thursday, broken ribs and all, so Ill be straight for a while. Question. Any straight haired people use the cream without reversion? How?

Sorry to hear about your rib, hoping you'll have a speedy recovery.

GGsKin

:eek:I hope you heal well, soon @vanray

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!

@vanray,
I know you are going to heal well! And...what I want to know is will you be bringing your camera to your DE STS appointment so the person who does your hair can easily take that picture of your hair result for you to upload and share with us here? Side views, back of the head and cropped out face photos are fine for me. I want to see that HAIR!