Do you share your hair secrets?

locabouthair

I told my best friend and she was actually taking in the info. but I don't like telling people because honestly my hair isn't long and it's damaged and thin so who's gonna take advice from me? But when I get thick APl hair I promise I will tell everybody about LHCF!:)

Sha76

I love to share, but only when someone asks. I won't just volunteer for fear of offending someone.

Ladyhenri

I told my friends about LHCF.
They all asked after noticing my progress. When my hair is down (like once every 3-4months) they see my hair and swear they'll join..but on other days when i'm protective styling, they loose intrest. They say " whats the use of growing all that hair when you cant show it off?". I'm sooo tired of answering this question and still getting the funny look.
I've decided not to share anymore...i'll just let my hair get to APL;)

smuice

mmm...hmmmmm sharing = caring! I tend to offer advice all the time to people, but apart from my family many friends just don't get it!:eek:

I even stop people in the street especially when I see little girls with really bad hair...their mum's probably think I am crazy...but I do not care...I am on a mission to save little black girls who wear weaves already from having no hair by the time they get to 15!:lol:

macherieamour

I find people online to be wayyyy more receptive and willing to put in work. People IRL just want me to tell them what miracle products I use or that I just naturally have long hair.

growinglong777

I have tried sharing, but some of my friends think it is weird to take pics of your hair and they want results without the work, so I only share with the ladies who come to me and are serious about taking care of their hair,, and right now there are only two.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I share everything I know. In fact, I've told several of my friends and my twin sister about this site. One of my friends actually joined the site because of me. My sister still hasn't joined, but that's due more to the fact that she doesn't have a computer at home (hard to believe but true). However, she always asks me "what do the girls on the forum say about this or what do they suggest for that?" So it's like she's a member by proxy.

I want every black girl/woman to know it's possible to grow long and/or healthy hair if you're willing to put in the work. It's not a competition to me.

MrsHouston

I've made great efforts to do this. There are a few serious people that listen. I only deal w/the ones that are willing to actually do something to change their situation.

MrsHouston

macherieamour said:
I find people online to be wayyyy more receptive and willing to put in work. People IRL just want me to tell them what miracle products I use or that I just naturally have long hair.

Yes, I'm starting to believe that hair care/LHCF/etc. is just an acquired taste...:lol:

Indigo's Hair

As a newbie, I tend to share info with EVERYONE. However, I get the same response as other LHCF-ers. People tend to think that I am obsessed or weird. But, I am a firm believer that...."seeing is believing". The more my hair becomes fuller, longer and healthier the more my family ask me what I am doing. I do have a few friends that I shared info and this site with and they immediately took heed. So, all is not lost on sharing.

SunnyDelight

I share words of wisdon with whomever will listen.

Some of the things that we LHCF "sistahs" do for our hair sound/seem unconventional so I find that with some people its about show & tell. You know . . . "I told yall I was gonna bump like this, ya'll didn't think that I could bump like this . . ." :lol: :lol:

Kayluv

I will definitely share with anyone who will cares to listen. I've been given so much from you ladies on the board, so I feel it is important to share that with others.

pistachio

Yes, I share, and give the forum link to my mom and sis, but to anyone else IRL, if they ask for my regimine, I'll tell them but usually I won't bring up the forum because of crazy stares.

tatje

I don't share unless I'm asked. It's not really a secret anyway. If someone comes up to me asking and I tell them they say " I already do that" or they just think I'm lying and that I want to keep the information for myself. Whatever. I say basic deep conditioning, and stretching a little as well as baggying and protective styling and they want to give me the :perplexed look because they don't want to do it. And when I go in for the big kill and say no heat, they :lol: and say stop playin'. :ohwell:

remnant

rabs77 said:
I am constantly telling people about LHCF, whether they look at me crazy or not :lachen: All my closest friends have visited the site and lurk sometimes. To me haircare aint no race or compitition!:) The minute anyone pays me a compliment about my hair on the street, I ask them you got a pen and paper...write this down... I hope they actually visit eventually.

Same here!:yep:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I told my family and friends about my hair care advice and tips and they look at me with the most ugly frown. Then they'll say stuff like "I ain't puttin that mess on my hair". In other words, my advice falls on deaf ears.

So, when they ask now about what it is that I am doing to get my hair growing, I just tell them bluntly "I already told you before what it is that I do, you didn't want to listen, so I'm not telling you again."

MommaMayhann

I only tell ppl about the site if they seek genuinely interested in hair... Which is not many by LHCF standards! I have found that just like a lot of things in life, folks want all of the reward with as minimal effort as possible. I have been trying to get my mom to visit but I just pass on the knowledge bit by bit... I don;t want to overwhelm her. :)

I did pass the site on to the girl at the bss. She was eyeballing my purchases and asked me about the stinky ACV conditioner. Once I explained the science behind it she was like "How did you figure that out?!?!";)

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
Like someone else said, I don't have any hair secrets. :lol:

Anytime anyone complains about something hair wise, I offer my advice, but they always say something like "I have to ask my stylist."

Right. :look:

I think if someone would've given me a card with LCHF on it, I would've ran home and sat at the computer all day. :lol:

Creatividual

You are not the only one! LOL. I am usually willing to share my hair secrets with anyone who will listen. But I have this one friend, she's actually one of my best friends. She's very competitive and growing up she was always trying to top what I would do even though I never got caught up in it and then tried to outdo her, it was just kinda annoying ya know?

Anywhoo, I don't share my tips with her b/c I don't want her to make a competiton out of trying to grow her hair longer or faster than mine. So next time I see her my hair will just be LONGER lol. That way, if I wanna share my tips she has a LOONG way to go before she gets to my length!:lol: I know it's terrible but what can I say? I'm such a female at times!

luvmesumhair

vivacious1083 said:
You are not the only one! LOL. I am usually willing to share my hair secrets with anyone who will listen. But I have this one friend, she's actually one of my best friends. She's very competitive and growing up she was always trying to top what I would do even though I never got caught up in it and then tried to outdo her, it was just kinda annoying ya know?

Anywhoo, I don't share my tips with her b/c I don't want her to make a competiton out of trying to grow her hair longer or faster than mine. So next time I see her my hair will just be LONGER lol. That way, if I wanna share my tips she has a LOONG way to go before she gets to my length!:lol: I know it's terrible but what can I say? I'm such a female at times!

:lol: :lachen: :lol: :lachen: We are. It is the truth!

CurleeDST

Oh I believe in sharing and each one teach one. Someone helped me and I want to pass it forward so to speak. I will pass things down to my daughter and I tell my friends and associates when I see an opportunity. Heck I will tell strangers if they ask and want to know!

janeemat

This girl that I've become good friends with in the last 18 months has just inquired about my hair regimen. We've really hit it off well, so I did not mind sharing with her because I know that she will listen and not make the negative comments. I told her that along with my Aveda DR I've been you using several Dom prod. So she called me up Tues and wanted to know where to order and as we were on the phone she clicked on sickbay and ordered as we were talking the products that I suggested. I started her off with 10 en 1, Emergencia and Silicon Mix along with the wheat germ products that I use. Her next question was now how do I incorporate all of this in my hair. She just left for her cruise vacation so when she returns I'll get her started.