Do you stick to one brand of products exclusively?

ScandalousBeauty

I know that some people say that using one line of products gives them better results than mixing and matching from different lines. Do you all think this is true?

Also, do you find that sticking to a few different brands keeps your hair from getting "bored" with a line? For example, you use Nexxus one week, then Keracare the next, then back to Nexxus.

What line(s) do you use that you swear by?

I don't stick to a line per se..but I do REALLY like Mizani, Biosilk and the Biolage Matrix line.. I have alot of Mizani(moisturefuse, the relaxer, thermaserum, shampoo, hydrafuse, and fulfyl, kerafuse) but I this the only line that I will use everything in..I don't like biolage's shampoos so I dont use them..

LilChocolateMa said:
I know that some people say that using one line of products gives them better results than mixing and matching from different lines. Do you all think this is true?

Also, do you find that sticking to a few different brands keeps your hair from getting "bored" with a line? For example, you use Nexxus one week, then Keracare the next, then back to Nexxus.

I don't think it's true. I think good products are good products so if you find that in the same line, great. If you find it in mixing and matching, great too. I know I've used products from the same line and had horrible results before because they weren't good products.

The lines I've had to most success with are Aveda, Aubrey Organics, and Suave. I mix and match.

I never stick to one product line I mainly rotate diffferent conditioners for deep conditioning the most.
Lately I have been getting good results rotating Elucence and Keracare poo and conditioner.
This year my hair has grown the most since joining the board because I know what my hair likes and dont like.

i always thought that you had to stay with the same product line, at least that's what my mom said, but i know that it really doesn't matter.

I wish I could find everything I wanted in one line, but I can't. I mix and match and use what works. :ohwell:

LilChocolateMa said:

No, I definitely do not stick to one brand, I like to try different brands and I get very bored using the same old product. I like a few of the Nexxus products, soft and beautiful conditioner is a staple for me, Tresemme, olive oil, John Frieda frizz ease hair serum from time to time, I couldn't really say I stick to one sole product but the shampoo and conditioners are very important to me, after that I use oils on my hair while it's damp or a little grease on the ends again while the hair is damp.

I also like S-curl and Care free curl gold activators for moisture.

I dont stick with just one line of products....although Elasta QP is starting to become that one line of products that I use all the time. (Creme Conditioning shampoo, Glaze, Mango Butter, Glaze, Silk, Feels like Silk, Scalp Stimulating Conditioner,H-Two). So Im getting there!

Last edited:
I don't use just one line, but if I had to swear by a line, it would definitely be Nexxus.
I really like Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree poo & con for clarifying, but I wouldn't venture to their other products (i.e. Super Skinny etc). Giovanni will probably replace Nexxus in my regimen. They have a whole line of products that would suit my needs, and with the exception of oils, I doubt I'll need much else b/c I appreciate simplicity in my reigmen.
Ladies who've been able to find a line stick with it seem to have a lot of success. Because the products i.e. a poo & con combo are designed to work together, consistent use of a professional line usually yields great results. I think the problem for many folks comes when they need a particular type of product i.e. styling product, moisturizer, etc and the "main" line they use doesn't offer that product so they venture off into others.
Of course PJism greatly contributes to the mix and match trend as well.

Hi lil chocolate ma!
I find that once you find something that is perfect for the job, I keep returning to it. TCB conditioner (the big 16oz bottle not the newer squeezy little bottle) has fab slip for me, and really importantly is cheap and smells nice not of oil and chemicals. It's got lots of natural extracts in it. Unfortunately it's getting harder to get hold of and I think it's being phased out so I'm really glad that I've discovered cheap old Pantene smooth and sleek smells pretty nice and leaves slip on the hair. I can add more oil too if I want. The thing about trying lots of products is 75% won't work on your hair and you can waste so much money!!! I recently went crazy in the beauty store and guess what. :( lol! I am glad that I bought a big bottle of relaxer base though because I always seem to burn. Looking forward to seeing if extra basing helps.

I stick to almost exclusively nexxus with the exception being PM Tea Tree poo (because I like the tingle) to clarify, PM Supercharged moisturizing con (because I like to use poo and con sets) to condition after clarifying, evoo, coconut oil, and hone, and mizani's relaxer and neutralizer, other wise I could get along with just nexxus products.

I used this stick to one line before, and that was the Motions line back then, from relaxer, to hair styling products and it was ok, i didnt think much of the products back then. the only reason why my hair was unhealthy was b/c i used heat all the time.

then i went into a mixing/matching thing where the shampoo and conditioner didnt even match and many things went wrong. That might have been b/c of that.

Thanx to DivineInspiration though, I'm going to stick to the Nexxus line. I will use the shampoo, clarifying shampoo, conditioner, protein conditioner and maybe the leave-in. As for styling products, I will use the other brands that have worked for me, like Rusk Smoother, motions oil moisturizer, and PM the detangler. I dont have a fixed relaxer yet though. I can't wait to see what 2006 has in store for me with a definite set of products.

CarLiTa said:
I used this stick to one line before, and that was the Motions line back then, from relaxer, to hair styling products and it was ok, i didnt think much of the products back then. the only reason why my hair was unhealthy was b/c i used heat all the time.

then i went into a mixing/matching thing where the shampoo and conditioner didnt even match and many things went wrong. That might have been b/c of that.

Thanx to DivineInspiration though, I'm going to stick to the Nexxus line. I will use the shampoo, clarifying shampoo, conditioner, protein conditioner and maybe the leave-in. As for styling products, I will use the other brands that have worked for me, like Rusk Smoother, motions oil moisturizer, and PM the detangler. I dont have a fixed relaxer yet though. I can't wait to see what 2006 has in store for me with a definite set of products.

Go Carlita! Go Carlita! Go Carlita! :yay: :clapping: :dance7: You are really workin it out! I think your hair will be very grateful!!! :D

Unfortunately no, I do not stick to one brand of products exclusively. I have a lot of haircare products to choose from that work well for my hair right now. Once my hair gets about 3 more inches of growth I would like to have a very simple regimen that includes just one haircare line. Right now I am in the "growing" process and hair day consists of soooo many steps and different lines of haircare products. I can't wait to have just one haircare line and I really can't wait till I reach my hair goal--grow hair !

For shampoo I use Giovanni I got the new metallic one, we'll see if it does any good. I had the 50/50 before which I really liked. Before that it was mixed greens by Modern Organics.

I do use nexxus conditioners though without problem, but can't tolerate their shampoo. Likewise I used a Giovanii conditioner and had huge strawberry hives for a couple of days.

Unfortunately for me I really can't use one line because of my strange allergic reactions. Like I can't use S-Curl but I can use care free curl gold :confused: heck who knew they were all that different?

-A

Back